What's new

Ninja Team Tourney

D

david_GEM

So I was thinking up a next tourney idea and I thought about two but the first one may be more appropriate.

1. At least sixteen people sign up and choose who they think is their best male ninja (sub-zero, reptile, scorpion). And they're paired with someone else.

true_frznsldr- scorpion
John2kx- reptile
btbb99- sub-zero
david_GEM- sub-zero
xmichaelx- reptile
ectonaut- scorpion
kensidj- scorpion
fusion117- reptile
konqrr- reptile
dciguy01- sub-zero
k75boi- sub-zero
dave0electro- reptile
vulcanraven45- sub-zero
R1RYDA714- reptile
dookiebrain- sub-zero
st-bioz- sub-zero

teams

Team 1: k75boi + DaveOelectro
Team 2: vulcanraven45 + david_GEM
Team 3: esBeezy + kensidj
Team 4: R1RYDA714 + DCIguy01
Team 5: Konqrr + DookieBrain
Team 6: John2kx + fusion117
Team 7: xMichalex + ectonaut
Team 8: btbb99 + TRUE_FRZNSLDR

bracket

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=349595

D

david_GEM

^^ I know, but when played right, all the male ninjas are pretty much equal. Mileena would be a bit problematic outside of everyone picking her. Maybe there should be a female ninja version of this. But I think this a good idea for the next tournament.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
david_GEM said:
Mileena would be a bit problematic outside of everyone picking her. Maybe there should be a female ninja version of this. But I think this a good idea for the next tournament.
^^ True!

As for all male ninjas being close to equal. Sub and Reptile maybe, but Scorpion is in a league of his own. He's leaps and bounds better than the other two.

We could hold a "Jade" tournament and only use LK! /sarcasm ^_^

D

david_GEM

please pick your ninja and keep in mind that this is a team tourney. I'm torn between sub and rep cause my scorp sucks. Konqrr, you would be a good addition, and if needed you should be able to play your games on mame. Only if necessary. Who would want to host it? :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm going to take a break from tourneys for this one, but I'm open to hosting it if nobody is opposed.

its a great idea gem , but im flying out there like tomorrow or the day after and i dont think ill connect with most people from Foozers house :(

Kaz

Noob
I'm down! Scorpions my fav ninja. Crazyslasher, it's all for fun so who cares, also you'd be on a team.

Kaz said:
I'm down! Scorpions my fav ninja. Crazyslasher, it's all for fun so who cares, also you'd be on a team.
Thanks for the encouragement man, but I'd just bring my team down. Plus I'm remodeling my house so my time tables are screwed up. I might try to get in on one in a month or two when my skills have improved.

This tourney sounds fun - I'd be down to being on the list if people want to team up :p

Seems like everyone is wanting Scorpion so I'll go with Reptile.

D

david_GEM

^^ points to my man DIS. I wanna go with sub.... but I'm still not sure.

@ fusion, we can probably play at Rdz's house. I'll ask him. If it's a one nighter, I'm playing at my friend's house so I don't lag, but he doesn't know you and his parents may not have it.

I'm gonna update the post on the last page. I still don't have characters from everyone, I can't believe how many scorps there are. Should I choose the teams, or random them?... yeah random. Just hope kensi and frzn don't end up on the same team. :)

I'm going with sub.

rdz21

Noob
i think the idea of using a Ninja PER tournament is also a good one. Everyone using one Ninja...kitana, sub, whatever.
I was thinking of a "shang tsung" tournament, where each player can turn to whichever ninja he pleases (meaning you can morph to whichever male ninja you please, and also at whatever moment), but there are some problems there: Its essentially a ninja + shang tournament...in addition to morphing to other characters by accident, which happens all the time.

D

david_GEM

@dci, by all means run this shit. But I wanna do the vid that shows the teams. :)

@rdz, are you in?

at gauden, join dude. this will be fun.

It's too bad that some guys are kinda burnt out from the last two tourneys. i should have mentioned this idea a long time ago.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
david_GEM said:
@dci, by all means run this shit. But I wanna do the vid that shows the teams. :)

@rdz, are you in?

at gauden, join dude. this will be fun.

It's too bad that some guys are kinda burnt out from the last two tourneys. i should have mentioned this idea a long time ago.
Sounds good. I will create the brackets once the video is made.