What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Still having trouble with Batman's air game. Trying to backdash but his j2 gets me then it's full combo. Any advice? Also, dealing with Harley, can't find much good info on her
If you're in staff stance, d2 will beat J2.

Regarding Harley, if you see her cartwheel, block it high. It adds more recovery frames and makes it -8 instead of -7.

Block low, react to the overheads.

Her one string (I can't remember the input for the life of me, it's two kicks) is +8 on block, meaning you have to respect the followup afterward.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Still having trouble with Batman's air game. Trying to backdash but his j2 gets me then it's full combo. Any advice? Also, dealing with Harley, can't find much good info on her

FLYING GRAYSON AS SOON AS HE LEAVES THE FLOOR INTO THE AIR.

Batman will learn not to rape you with J2 after that. Also, Staff stance has a lot of great anti air attacks such as J2 and 3 and even d2 is pretty sick if you time it right.

The whole thing about the Batman match up is make him waste his bats, don't get caught by the grapple and make sure he doesn't jump behind you, those 40-45% combos will always lead to an L.

and if all fails, meter burn B3 lol

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
A smart batman will lock you down with batarang/bats anywhere outside of the corner.

Play a zoning heavy Batman and you'll regret ever having switched to staff.
I know how to fight Batman, I just wanted to clarify for any new member that happened to read that and thought you can jump out of it with both stances.

Hey guys. Brand new to this site. Quick question: on Injustice, I've noticed lately that whenever I face a Solomon Grundy online, I just do terrible. Even when the player isn't all that good. Any tips on good nightwing strategies that would help me in this certain match up? And help or tips would me much appreciated <

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Hey guys. Brand new to this site. Quick question: on Injustice, I've noticed lately that whenever I face a Solomon Grundy online, I just do terrible. Even when the player isn't all that good. Any tips on good nightwing strategies that would help me in this certain match up? And help or tips would me much appreciated <
First off, do not to try to use MB Staff Spin in the corner at all, it will whiff and you eat 50%.

Walking Corpse is pretty easy to blow up once you know how to. NW has a lot of fast multi hitting strings that will break the armor (113) or strings that if timed right, will allow him to avoid it (112, b2xxdb3). If you can't do that, just jump backwards on reaction, or MB B3 it. If you do try to armor it, hold the armor until the armor absorbs the grab, then b3 him.

Block low, grundy doesn't have any good overheads.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Also be sure that you are at least a little respectful of swamp hands. Don't just throw Seismos and Sparks his way; place them. MB Swamp Hands will fuck your day up if you don't.

Staff Spin beats Walking Corpse for free too.

Has he been to any tournaments? I've been following NW players in the community since launch, does he go by a different name?

No sorry unfortunately I've only had time to play a few games online I've been so busy working so I could finally go to one but I've been talking to Tom Brady about tournaments and I should be making a debut at a very large tournament

AssassiN

Noob
No sorry unfortunately I've only had time to play a few games online I've been so busy working so I could finally go to one but I've been talking to Tom Brady about tournaments and I should be making a debut at a very large tournament

The more Dicks, the better.
Haven't seen too many Dicks at tournaments, although more and more people are picking him up.

Can you tell us at what tournament you'll be at?

The more Dicks, the better.
Haven't seen too many Dicks at tournaments, although more and more people are picking him up.

Can you tell us at what tournament you'll be at?
I don't know exactly which one ill be attending yet but ones that are close to new york and here's something most people don't know I'm actually going to attend and compete in next year's evo I couldn't make it this year but I am definitely next year

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
First off, do not to try to use MB Staff Spin in the corner at all, it will whiff and you eat 50%.

Walking Corpse is pretty easy to blow up once you know how to. NW has a lot of fast multi hitting strings that will break the armor (113) or strings that if timed right, will allow him to avoid it (112, b2xxdb3). If you can't do that, just jump backwards on reaction, or MB B3 it. If you do try to armor it, hold the armor until the armor absorbs the grab, then b3 him.

Block low, grundy doesn't have any good overheads.
d1 staff spin obliterates walking corpse

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
Holy crap, no matter what I do, I can't beat Black adam. He catches me once and I've pretty much lost the game

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Holy crap, no matter what I do, I can't beat Black adam. He catches me once and I've pretty much lost the game
Regarding divekicks, they have little to no priority, so an air to air attack will beat it out.

You have no reason at all to block low at all when Black Adam is pressuring you. All he has is overheads.

After blocking a b23 (+4) or 223 (+3) you must respect a d1xxlightning hands. However, you can interrupt that with a 6 frame poke. Also do not touch buttons if you block a MB Divekick, it is +8 on block.

Try and bait a wakeup lightning cage, then whiff punish it with either b2 if you're in escrima, or 1 if you're in staff.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Regarding divekicks, they have little to no priority, so an air to air attack will beat it out.

You have no reason at all to block low at all when Black Adam is pressuring you. All he has is overheads.

After blocking a b23 (+4) or 223 (+3) you must respect a d1xxlightning hands. However, you can interrupt that with a 6 frame poke. Also do not touch buttons if you block a MB Divekick, it is +8 on block.

Try and bait a wakeup lightning cage, then whiff punish it with either b2 if you're in escrima, or 1 if you're in staff.

Regarding Adams wakeups. Don't even bait it. Just standing one into pound. The hitbox on 1 is disjointed. If he cages, hitconfirm the pound into an ex for a full combo. You can always attack Black Adam on his wakeups.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

What's the best range to fight black adam? Mid, Close or Far(I'm guessing not)?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
What's the best range to fight black adam? Mid, Close or Far(I'm guessing not)?

http://www.twitch.tv/nightwingdayzero/b/438916788

20 minutes of Black Adam MU notes against my training partner WoundCowboy followed by 20 minutes of Sinestro MU notes against my training partner WoundCowboy.

I cover a lot of information there and discuss Black Adam MU strategy in depth.

Sajam

what video editing software do you use? I'd really rather post these to YouTube.

Edit: KombatNerd could you add this video to both Black Adam and Sinestro MU?

Status
Not open for further replies.