What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Sooo...Manhunter, what do we do?

Stand block his teleport and punish with a B23 escrima fury combo with J2 escrima fury again into J3 Wing Dings...if he teleports again, punish him again until he stops. Once you take that out of his game he'll be force to play a game he doesn't want to play.

Then again, I haven't played a high level MMH yet so this is just from experience from guys who spam that teleport move.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
It's hard to deal with. You can actually do flying grayson if you react to it, but you just have to be sitting there waiting for it.

PGorath hits me with Godsmack all day when I'm in staff, and it makes it really hard to use that stance.

Ares has an easy teleport to beat, but his other tools (Godsmack and MB fireballs) kinda sometimes make me lose focus on the teleport and I make costly mistakes against Ares.

I've washed a lot of Ares, but also been bodied myself. So far it's a 5-5 match up IMO, theres undiscovered stuff in that match up I believe in NW's favor if the defense is tight.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Ares has an easy teleport to beat, but his other tools (Godsmack and MB fireballs) kinda sometimes make me lose focus on the teleport and I make costly mistakes against Ares.

I've washed a lot of Ares, but also been bodied myself. So far it's a 5-5 match up IMO, theres undiscovered stuff in that match up I believe in NW's favor if the defense is tight.
Teleport is super easy to beat, I was just talking about how good MB Godsmack is against staff.

If the Ares player doesn't understand to abuse that in this matchup, then you should be winning it pretty easily.

AssassiN

Noob
http://www.twitch.tv/totfc1/b/440250935
0:34:40 -casuals
1:40:36 -tourney match with Tom Brady

playing Brady a bit more and Mr Aquaman. I was mainly working on escrima stance
1:05:30
http://www.twitch.tv/blackula_sova/b/440767713

I haven't played in about 2months. This tournament was for me getting back into it. I kept forgetting some combos for awhile

I'm not a high level nightwing player btw

Something that would have helped you a lot:
When you are in control of zoning as NW, players will jump or dash forward to counter those Staff Pounds.
What I do is change to Escrima and do Ground Spark, this will AA them and you can combo of it with changing back to staff and doing Ground Pound. This is pretty much full-screen stuff.
When he is half-screen away and I know he'll dash forward or jump I'll do a regular B3. His B3 in Staff is awesome. It has so much range, + on block, pretty much returns to the same position so whiff punishing is hard and will only be low damage.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Didnt takeAChance win a tourney in canada or some shit?
And REO won Civil war using NW. Not his main but he did work with him. Alukard got 7th that tourney with NW iirc.

Was it Toryuken? I'm almost entirely sure GGA Jerrimiah took it.

I don't remember REO winning Civil War using NW. I remember him losing to Tom Brady using Nightwing.

Alukard got 7th in what tournament?

I'm ready to be wrong. I'm hoping to be wrong. Shoot me some videos. I want to see some Dick win for a change.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Was it Toryuken? I'm almost entirely sure GGA Jerrimiah took it.

I don't remember REO winning Civil War using NW. I remember him losing to Tom Brady using Nightwing.

Alukard got 7th in what tournament?

I'm ready to be wrong. I'm hoping to be wrong. Shoot me some videos. I want to see some Dick win for a change.
Dunno what it was called but there was an article about it, too lazy to look it up >__>;

he was doing well with NW, but he lost the set and then went to bats to win the whole thing >.>
Alukard got 7th at civil war with NW. at least thats what the results say.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

NightwingDayZero

In no particular order the best Nightwings I've seen:

Lulzlou, Sajam, Xblades, Chance, Mello

Every time I watch these guys play, I feel the urge to hit the training room.

Lulzlou I'm pretty sure Lulzlou pioneered ending combos in b2>ground spark. I hadn't seen anyone do anything like it before him.

Sajam with dat anti-wakeup tech. Sajam with dat crossing up cross up shenanigans.

XBlades gameplay in general. Dat spacing? Godlk.

TakeAChance. BnBs and tech all day. I'm still waiting for dat mid screen staff wakeup reversal tech you were talking about!

And especially @XxM3LLOxX, he's so subtle about his hard knockdown setups, but they're there. I didn't realize at first, but he really fucks up his opponent's wakeup windows in the corner.

MH Alukard was just brought to my attention. I can't find anything from him since Civil War. Any help?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
In no particular order the best Nightwings I've seen:

MH Alukard was just brought to my attention. I can't find anything from him since Civil War. Any help?
I think he dropped Dick for Ares after Civil War. Also, I have midscreen anti wake up tech, I just never posted it! I completely forgot about it, not even kidding.

Also, I just now read your TYM title or whatever it's called. That shit is godlike. "Stick around, get it?"

NightwingDayZero

I think he dropped Dick for Ares after Civil War. Also, I have midscreen anti wake up tech, I just never posted it! I completely forgot about it, not even kidding.

Also, I just now read your TYM title or whatever it's called. That shit is godlike. "Stick around, get it?"

I laughed so much harder than I should have when I first heard Dick toss out that pun. Mid match. Online. I can't remember what I was punishing. Nearly killed me I was so distracted by how hilarious it was.

Let's see dat tech! I need a way to lock GL and Sinestro the fuck down.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
There are indeed two different Alucards. There is CORN Alukard and MH Alucard. MH Alucard plays Nightwing and CORN Alukard plays Ares.

MH Alucard doesn't own the game either. I played him a couple months ago (or was it last month idr) at Bar Battles in Philly and eliminated him. Tried to convince him to buy the game too.

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
Still having trouble with Batman's air game. Trying to backdash but his j2 gets me then it's full combo. Any advice? Also, dealing with Harley, can't find much good info on her

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
i appreciate putting me in your top 5 NWZ, makes me want get better;) i haven't been playing alot since i work at a hospital, but once i get more time for myself i will be sure to post videos of my progress. Still good to see the Dick Family is growing stronger by the day

Status
Not open for further replies.