What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Grundy can cancel walking corpse and get full punishment on NW for this.
completely not true. if he cancels early enough sometimes he can get a d2 but if he cancels into 11 it goes over and if he many times the cancel wont come out because the flip kick changes the inputs for cancel

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
For anyone having trouble with grundys armored grab, d1~staff spin will
neutralize the armor because kf the multiple hits. it's pretty cool excuse the move slows down a little bit while countering the armor

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Trying to decide if learning Batman and Nightwing is my best option, what are Nightwings best/worst MUs? I could tell he has a good time fighting against Doomsday, part of why I want to main him, and he has a tough time against Superman, who I can handle pretty easily with Batman. The main characters I would like to have a good match up against are Black Adam, Batman ( I hate mirrors lol), Aquaman and Sinestro. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me decide upon this, no matter what I'll second Dick but I'm trying to figure out if I should invest as much time in him as Bats.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Trying to decide if learning Batman and Nightwing is my best option, what are Nightwings best/worst MUs? I could tell he has a good time fighting against Doomsday, part of why I want to main him, and he has a tough time against Superman, who I can handle pretty easily with Batman. The main characters I would like to have a good match up against are Black Adam, Batman ( I hate mirrors lol), Aquaman and Sinestro. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me decide upon this, no matter what I'll second Dick but I'm trying to figure out if I should invest as much time in him as Bats.
His "tough" MUs imo are Superman, Bladam, Hawkgirl, Sinestro, and WW.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
The issue with Nightwing - all of his good matchups, are matchups that the Top 5 are already good against.

The bigger issue with Nightwing - all of his bad matchups, are the top 5.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Isn't every nightwing matchup just use his seismic slam over and over and if they try to get close flying kick them?

Yeah sorry I'm salty.

Lulzlou

Noob
Isn't every nightwing matchup just use his seismic slam over and over and if they try to get close flying kick them?

Yeah sorry I'm salty.
If you don't know how to deal with it then this is what NW is going to do. I'm not saying its easy though. There is a lot more too it. For me its more about finding the right opportunity to come in with great momentum. Nightwing with no momentum is when he is at his weakest.

You can blow up flying greyson but all it takes is a good read.

NightwingDayZero

Yeah sorry I'm salty.
Spamming and abusing, powerful agents against the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we dudes?

More seriously though; rooks move horizontal and vertical. Bishops move diagonally. Kings can only move one square at a time. If you don't take the time to understand the weight each piece brings to the board, you'll never win. Having only yourself to blame.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The issue with Nightwing - all of his good matchups, are matchups that the Top 5 are already good against.

The bigger issue with Nightwing - all of his bad matchups, are the top 5.
i dont think thats true. he arguably beats or goes even against aquaman and batman which are too extremely important mu's in this game.. i think blackadam isnt that bad at all and is at worst 4-6.. killer frost im not too sure yet but i think she wins it

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
My top 5 is just the Justice League (Bats, Supes, WW, Aquaman, and GL). I don't think Black Adam or KF are up there. The only matchup NW really gets shitted on is probs Hawkgirl, as most people have mentioned. I think once people wake up and realize how good WW is, we'll see more of those. That matchup is so tough, but it can be done. Other than Supes, WW, and HG, I can't really think of terrible, terrible matchups for NW. Haven't played enough Black Adams or Sinestros to really tell with those matchups.

DukeofFortuneMan

Some guy with a PS3

Yeah sorry I'm salty.

Nope, I found that out the hard way today.

And now I've got a few questions for the NW community. Supes and GL's ranged game, how do I fight against that? I mostly use staff in neutral, and I fought a few Supes and GL players who wanted to rush in, and I won pretty well.

Yet, against Superman, he was doing one grounded laser, one aerial laser mostly. Now, I could dodge it, but I didn't really get an opportunity to ground spark under his ground heat vision and move in. I spent a lot of the match wingdings-ing to avoid the air laser, but that didn't get me anywhere. Staff had no chance.

And with GL, I could trade with ground spark, but he Meterburned his grounded fireball, and I was losing trades, but he mostly used the air fireball, which staff cannot do a thing against. I bet Escrima has a way to get in, and I was getting close, but he was on Ferris next to the Log Trap. Urgh...

Advice appreciated.

NightwingDayZero

Nope, I found that out the hard way today.

And now I've got a few questions for the NW community. Supes and GL's ranged game, how do I fight against that? I mostly use staff in neutral, and I fought a few Supes and GL players who wanted to rush in, and I won pretty well.

Yet, against Superman, he was doing one grounded laser, one aerial laser mostly. Now, I could dodge it, but I didn't really get an opportunity to ground spark under his ground heat vision and move in. I spent a lot of the match wingdings-ing to avoid the air laser, but that didn't get me anywhere. Staff had no chance.

And with GL, I could trade with ground spark, but he Meterburned his grounded fireball, and I was losing trades, but he mostly used the air fireball, which staff cannot do a thing against. I bet Escrima has a way to get in, and I was getting close, but he was on Ferris next to the Log Trap. Urgh...

Advice appreciated.
I wrote a rather detailed approach to the Superman matchup. Check the OP.

As for GL. You can stay in staff, MB dash cancel one of his air Oa's rocket and get in with a flying Grayson. Otherwise you need to dash block your way in and watch for the 9 frame low starter. The good news is, if you can read GL's B13 a you can dash out and punish the 3 with ~34%

Lulzlou

Noob
I love that B2, B2xxKalifury, B2xxGroundspark combo into pressure that shit was hot!
I got away with it more than I should have because people don't know its -4 I think. You'd have to MB it to get the real adv from it.
I love it because it picks them right back up and its hard to wake up from it. Its something I found randomly in the lab a few weeks ago lol.

thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.