What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
popped in the thread to see what you guys think of the Sinestro MU, I really think you guys need to update that
The Sinestro matchup plays like the Aquaman match up. Staff db2.

If you really want to go in, I guess you can do that too. Otherwise I'll just make him come to me.

LEGEND

YES!
The Sinestro matchup plays like the Aquaman match up. Staff db2.

If you really want to go in, I guess you can do that too. Otherwise I'll just make him come to me.
No dude lol, Nightwing doesn't outzone Sinestro. Let me find some of the MU Breakdowns i've done in the Sinestro forum

Edit: i actually have to leave atm, i'll re post them later in this thread

LEGEND

YES!
NightwingDayZero KombatNerd

Here are my two mini breakdowns i already posted in Sinestro's sub-forum of the Sinestro v NW MU (they basically say the same thing)

The staff trades with Fear Blast but FB does 6% to the Staff ground shock's 5%. And if Nightwing blocks a FB i can either MB it or jump back to bait a Ground Shock and make it wiff with the air fear ax if he tries it. In escrima Boulder wins the projectile war as well but i also get a hard knockdown and guaranteed chip

Also Nightwing pretty much has to stay in Staff stance so he has a way to stop my trait charge, lowering his mobility and giving me the upper hand in footsies

But once nightwing does get in it can be a nightmare for sinestro. if i don't have a couple bars of meter things can get ugly fast
----
Ground shock trade is in Sinestro's favor by 1% damage

Escrima's projectile can be traded with Boulders, which do more damage and grant advantage

any time Nightwing gains the zoning advantage sinestro just has to bait one projectile, make it wiff, and he gets his zoning right back on track

Nightwing has to get in, and escrima is the best way for him to do that, but if he does choose to go with escrima Sinestro can then charge his trait for free

Up close all i need to do is pushblock NW away or land a D1 and get a mix-up, and nightwing doesn't exactly have reliable AAs either so Sinestro's jump mix-up are also an option

NW also doesn't have good control of interactables so any stage that has plenty of them will be a problem for him. This MU is damn near unwinnable for NW on Watchtower

Speaking of stupid stages how about Metropolis rooftop? All in all what do you guys think are stages a NW player should counterpick? I know it will depend on the match up but my favorites so far are Gotham alley and metropolis streets.

NightwingDayZero

Speaking of stupid stages how about Metropolis rooftop? All in all what do you guys think are stages a NW player should counterpick? I know it will depend on the match up but my favorites so far are Gotham alley and metropolis streets.
Gotham Alley. Batcave. Atlantis. Hall of Justice courtyard. Wayne Manor.

Basically, anywhere that there aren't any hanging interactables. Nightwing has trouble dealing with air interactables.

NightwingDayZero

LEGEND

Played offline against a very good Sinestro. Given how much I am lacking in player skill, compounded by the nightmare of a matchup this is. Yeah, I hate this matchup more than I do Cyborg.

This is one matchup every Nightwing player will need to experience to understand.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I play both Arrow and Grundy. Arrow gets bodied in this MU. When I switch to Grundy, the match definately evens out. I win much much more than 50% with Grundy in this MU. I just want the NW perspective.

Nightwing-Arrow is a 6-4 possible 7-3. The only thing Arrow really has over him is an incredible J3.

Grundy...ugh...I have such a love hate relationship with this character. Everytime I think I solve him with new advancements, Grundy can blow them up and counter me with them. It truly does feel like a 5-5. I can never feel comfortable in my ground game because of his 3 hit armor. In staff mode I can negate it using staff spins, but on block, I am stuck right next to him, negative, and have to guess what he is going to do (chain grab or string). Even when you start blowing up his strings on block, he can bait that and take away an absolute insane amount of health.

Grundy outdamages Nightwing severely, but Nightwing has more options across all areas of the screen...it's a cat and mouse.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I also need to add that wingdings only work on inexperienced grundies. Walking corpse cancelled into flyswatter (d2) will make you hesitant to throw them out.

Saitsu

Noob
Like I said previously, I put a decent amount of time into the Grundy MU.

That MU can really go either way honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.