What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Well after spending several hours defending deathstroke in that clusterfuck of a thread, how do you guys feel about the DS matchup now?

DuskAlloy

There is a bonus. Reaching the character select screen sooner.
So bat-girl is all about rush down, I wont pretend to understand a character that came out today, but im going to guess that staff will be better

Saitsu

Noob
So bat-girl is all about rush down, I wont pretend to understand a character that came out today, but im going to guess that staff will be better
Without the help of MB Staff Spin, I honestly doubt it a bit. If she predicts a Ground Blast, she gets in for free as well.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Playing as Batgirl against Nighwing, I just beat the computer on Medium using ONLY smoke bomb, air smoke bomb, and back to block. :(

As Nightwing, do not:
  • jump to close distance.
  • jump to wing-ding.
  • use ground spark at greater than half screen.
  • whiff a combo string up close.
  • meter burn the Staff Spin if she is ducking.
Batgirl can read and punish all using smoke bomb. If she meter burns it, she gets a free combo. Basically, get in her face and keep the pressure up. I find staff stance easier at the moment, alternating 1f1, d1, d3, j1, and meterless Staff Spin. Crouch block and dash to get in close, but don't attack until you are close enough that you know you'll hit.

And just so we're clear, she won't be "spamming" the smoke bomb. She can just sit back and wait for you to commit to damn near anything, then punish. If she pegs you with the smoke bomb, she bounces to the other end of the screen and you have to work to get in close again. However, if Batgirl tries a smoke bomb and you're blocking, she stays in close and you get a free combo.

This matchup sucks... Hopefully someone can come up with something more constructive than this.

DuskAlloy

Playing as Batgirl against Nighwing, I just beat the computer on Medium using ONLY smoke bomb, air smoke bomb, and back to block. :(

As Nightwing, do not:
  • jump to close distance.
  • jump to wing-ding.
  • use ground spark at greater than half screen.
  • whiff a combo string up close.
  • meter burn the Staff Spin if she is ducking.
  • Breathe
  • Hope to win
  • Bother moving
  • Pick Nightwing
I thought I would put in a few extra tips ;)

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Did I mention she can catch me doing Flip Kick in midair with Smoke Bomb?

On a slighly brighter note, alternating d1 with 113 xx df2 in Escrima seems to work against the AI on medium. Dash, keep in close, and stick with the faster strings, not committing to anything without hit confirming.

DuskAlloy

So do any of the new patches affect out MUs other then the DS MU, maybe the sinestro MU

DuskAlloy

Well Ares and Shazam having good wakeup teleports now makes it harder to bully them on wakeup.
Hmmm, shazam might be a bit more dangerous with his trait buff, but I doubt it will change Shazam enough to change to MU

DuskAlloy

Right, but Ares is a bit different as he's a zoner. It's already bad enough he also ducks MB Staff Spin.
What would be the perferred stance, I would think staff due to no air control, but with teleport it might be hard to trade projectiles with him so escrima might work also

Status
Not open for further replies.