What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman couldn't be an easier matchup for nightwing god lol, punish lasers everytime, air and ground. And flying Grayson when he air dashes, and staff spin at his air dive If times right can break it
no, no , and no. good supermans dont do bad eye lazers like that, they dont just do an airdash, and they certainly dont do that crappy air dive down. if you really got good anit superman tech, tell us how you have been dealing with f2,3 breath? (and yes i know its becoming -1 which is okay but doesnt make us THAT much better off)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
no, no , and no. good supermans dont do bad eye lazers like that, they dont just do an airdash, and they certainly dont do that crappy air dive down. if you really got good anit superman tech, tell us how you have been dealing with f2,3 breath? (and yes i know its becoming -1 which is okay but doesnt make us THAT much better off)
I backdash after breath and then 113 df2 etcetera. It'll either trade or interrupt and punish. It's finicky with the spacing. I haven't found anything but 11 strings to beat it. Then again I only spent 15min just practicing the backdash timing. I'd been working on back dashing GL's b13 most the afternoon. Holy shit the timing is strict on it.

I backdash after breath and then 113 df2 etcetera. It'll either trade or interrupt and punish. It's finicky with the spacing. I haven't found anything but 11 strings to beat it. Then again I only spent 15min just practicing the backdash timing. I'd been working on back dashing GL's b13 most the afternoon. Holy shit the timing is strict on it.
yea i have had trouble backdashing GL's string on reaction too. i mostly just block it and block high after the first part, id rather deal with it right now than risk getting hit.

and for superman i just backdash twice to make both the hits of the second f23 whiff, but you cant really do that in the corner, and backdashing like that will keep pushing you that way ,ugh. whats worse is now my friend is anti meta-ing me with superman lol whenever im in staff and he does f23 breath , ill d1 to interupt. well now he will delay the f23 ever so slightly so i whiff d1 and he punishes me with 40% damage T^T

7r17r1

Noob
yea i have had trouble backdashing GL's string on reaction too. i mostly just block it and block high after the first part, id rather deal with it right now than risk getting hit.

and for superman i just backdash twice to make both the hits of the second f23 whiff, but you cant really do that in the corner, and backdashing like that will keep pushing you that way ,ugh. whats worse is now my friend is anti meta-ing me with superman lol whenever im in staff and he does f23 breath , ill d1 to interupt. well now he will delay the f23 ever so slightly so i whiff d1 and he punishes me with 40% damage T^T

When you are in escrima, it's more interesting to interrupt his next f23 with a df1~2

Anyway, MB B3 is the easiest thing to do I guess

GroovyMango

Bullseye
Hey guys, back from ECT. I was the Nightwing player who lost to the raven on stream, and for the record I wasn't salty, I just was telling him the difference between his raven and online ravens, all they do is "Grab, grab, grab."

ANYWAYS i'm here because I played him in a longer set the next day, beat him badly and learned the match kind of. Staff is key here. If you block anything start your seismo pressure, keep at it, it's plus so she can't do anything about it. Perfect range is right near the tip of 1, where it hits both standing and crouchers, that into seismo is a really good pressure tool, when you're too far, MB it to get back in and continue, convert that if they get hit.

When she activates trait you need to be careful because her pillar thing (which this raven never used) is neutral on block, and her full screen grab thing is real good, if you block the grab thing then start your seismo stuff, she literally can't do anything as a reversal after she blocks one, jump or block are the only options here. Anyways keep in dat ass and get her in the corner, and then win because Nightwing corner pressure is lol2good

AssassiN

Noob
but... ecrima d1 is 9frames . the f2 is coming out in 7..... i dont see how this is working for ya.
It does, I was playing with this in the lab yesterday. Figured I might as well learn more about the MU.
In Escrima D12 and 113 stop the F23~Breath spam, in Staff you can use D1 and D2. In both stances you can use B3 MB as well.
There are certain strings, even though they are slower, they will stop the Breath because it makes the F2 whiff at first.

Now that the Breath gets nerfed, it's possible that Flipkick MB becomes an option as well.

7r17r1

Noob
but... ecrima d1 is 9frames . the f2 is coming out in 7..... i dont see how this is working for ya.
I didn't said d1f2, I said df1~2, which is a 6frames move :p

You can't interrupt Superman's f2 after the cold breath with escrima's d1 or staff's d2

After the patch, Nightwing will be able to trade with escrima's d1 and win with staff's d2 (if cold breath's nerf is actually implemented)

Anyway, Nightwing's best option in escrima to interrupt a f2 after a called breath for superman will still be the df1~2 I guess, trying to trade with a move (d1) that can be countered with the same option by superman (delaying his next f2) is not worth it. At least if he continue his pressure you'll get a clean combo

The rest is about mind games :p

AssassiN

Noob
I didn't said d1f2, I said df1~2, which is a 6frames move :p

You can't interrupt Superman's f2 after the cold breath with escrima's d1 or staff's d2

After the patch, Nightwing will be able to trade with escrima's d1 and win with staff's d2 (if cold breath's nerf is actually implemented)

Anyway, Nightwing's best option in escrima to interrupt a f2 after a called breath for superman will still be the df1~2 I guess, trying to trade with a move (d1) that can be countered with the same option by superman (delaying his next f2) is not worth it. At least if he continue his pressure you'll get a clean combo

The rest is about mind games :p
I was able to when I programmed the AI to constantly do F23~Breath, I could interrupt with D12 and Staff's D2.
Not saying you should use it because you're better off inputting the 6 frame moves, get more damage anyways.

7r17r1

Noob
If it's done perfectly, you can't, I just tested it back again

Still, it's pure math, you can't interrupt a 8-1= 7 frames gap with a 9 or 8 frames move :p

Lulzlou

Noob
Minor changes after ECT5
Btw this is MY opinion. I'm not really going to go in depth since the game is going to be constantly changing.

Aquaman - Even. I'm sure most of you will say NW wins but until you fight Tom Brady, you have no idea lol
Ares - Advantage
Bane - Advantage
Batman - Feels like an up hill battle. NW struggles a lot.
Black Adam - NW definitely Struggles. The match up feels a lot better with Escrima Stance so it doesn't feel as bad as before
Catwoman - Advantage. Maxter made it look even but I was beyond tired when I played in that night.
Cyborg - Without the Block Infinite I don't think he'll struggle that much. With it, its hell.
DeathStroke - After the patch it seems like it will be in NWs advantage
DoomsDay - Advantage
Flash - Advantage
Green Arrow - Don't have enough exp but it does feel like NW has the advantage
Green Lantern - Need more experience but it definitely feels like NW struggles
Harley Quinn - Advantage
Joker - Advantage
Killer Frost - Questionable. I don't feel like its terrible. It seems like she has the slight advantage but there isn't anything big besides her damage output
Lex - Advantage
Raven - Advantage
Shazam - Advantage
Sinestro - Big advantage (only mu I feel that way right now)
Solomon Grundy - For awhile I thought Staff completely fucks up Grundy. It could potentially be a slight advantage in NW's favor
Superman - NW Struggles big time. who knows what will happen after the patch
Wonder Woman - Possible Advantage

Edit; Lobo - Advantage

GroovyMango

Bullseye
Catwoman - Advantage. Maxter made it look even but I was beyond tired when I played in that night.
I dunno, I feel like Catwoman has the tools to shut this character down, you can't zone her with meter since she can just EX dash through everything, and it's safe so she can just do whatever and not be punished for it. Her normals are good, jump ins are solid so it's tough ish to air to air. I might not have played the match enough though.

Otherwise I generally agree, I already feel like we have advantage over DS but that's just me personally. I still don't know the match ups that well, Doomsday blew me up in tourney :(

Lulzlou

Noob
I dunno, I feel like Catwoman has the tools to shut this character down, you can't zone her with meter since she can just EX dash through everything, and it's safe so she can just do whatever and not be punished for it. Her normals are good, jump ins are solid so it's tough ish to air to air. I might not have played the match enough though.

Otherwise I generally agree, I already feel like we have advantage over DS but that's just me personally. I still don't know the match ups that well, Doomsday blew me up in tourney :(
Catwoman could be even because its annoying for both characters when the other has a life lead. It feels like Nightwing has an easier time getting that life lead which is why i think its a slight advantage in nw's favor

I play a deathstroke that does everything on reaction when I try to get in. Playing a deathstroke like that made me think it was even or in his favor. I could be wrong though

Doomsday is a weird one at first. Picking Atlantis is probably the easiest way to fight him since there are a low amount of stage stuff.

Ex cat dash is not safe. It is at least -10 because I punish it all the time with f213.
Edit: Training mode seems inconsistent on the f213 but d1 in both stances can punish it consistently for me.

GroovyMango

Bullseye
Ex cat dash is not safe. It is at least -10 because I punish it all the time with f213.
Edit: Training mode seems inconsistent on the f213 but d1 in both stances can punish it consistently for me.
Really?! I've had 0 luck punishing it. Time to training modo

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
For the love of all that is holy, don't MB Staff Spin if Batgirl is ducking. Instant "Smoke Bomb" punish every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.