What's new

Night Wolf Trailer!!

The long awaited Nightwolf trailer is here. Watch him channel spirits and axe stuff to death in the video below. On top of that, we have the reveal of our next DLC costume pack, which looks to be "klassic arcade fighters" pack for parts of the roster.

The hype is real!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Projectile parry into teleport looks cheap so i see that not being in tournament variation
So does that roll into that low then launcher, The lightning projectile afterwards maybe tournament legal tho.
The bear spirit buff seems to give him armor so i don't see that being tournament legal either.

By the looks of it he will be mid tier at best.
Guessing tier placement based on a gameplay trailer? Lmfao, take a lap.

i honestly am underwhelmed with the direction they took design wise. I cant be the only one who thinks the spirit animals look low quality and the gunstock club is unnecessary since he already had axes.

That overhead axe swing better not be an actual overhead because otherwise we got another Sub Zero on our hands.

Besides that though he looks terrific!

Wait, he technically has a Human Smoke projectile parry from MK9. He does the reflect then teleports for a combo. That’s probably a kustom ability tho

Apparently, Uncle JBeezY is surprised nobody caught this. Look back and notice how Nightwolf's FB is waaaay less cinematic than the others. Looks like NRS is listening on how FB take too long by shortening DLC character's moving forward. I think this is an awesome change cuz nobody wanna sit there for 5 minutes for a fucking move to complete. I see you NRS. Small steps, but I see you ;)

Guessing tier placement based on a gameplay trailer? Lmfao, take a lap.

i honestly am underwhelmed with the direction they took design wise. I cant be the only one who thinks the spirit animals look low quality and the gunstock club is unnecessary since he already had axes.
He looks pretty mediocre, which is why i stated he's mid tier. If i'm wrong i'll accept it but until he drops i'm not going to think he's anything else.

If NRS ain’t doing UMK3 klassic female skins they can keep em!

maybe they'll grow on me in motion....
More MK2 skins I'd say, but evidently not now.
Kung Lao's skin looks weird as hell, it feels like he jumped straight back from the 360 era.
Nightwolf's FB is waaaay less cinematic than the others
That axe to the head move might be the most brutal fatal blow in the game though. It's amazing.

Standard projectile, Multi projectile, horizontal projectiles, command grab, reflects, buffs, armor, teleports, popups, evasive projectile crushes.

I mean hype AF but I think its clear that NRS is just throwing everything at the wall at this point and seeing what sticks (and then putting that into tourney variations).

Trailers like this make me less and less confident that we'll one day see customs allowed in competitive.

Standard projectile, Multi projectile, horizontal projectiles, command grab, reflects, buffs, armor, teleports, popups, evasive projectile crushes.

I mean hype AF but I think its clear that NRS is just throwing everything at the wall at this point and seeing what sticks (and then putting that into tourney variations).

Trailers like this make me less and less confident that we'll one day see customs allowed in competitive.
I have no doubts customs will be tournament legal eventually, but I'm not expecting it until after the first year.

Looks like NRS is listening on how FB take too long by shortening DLC character's moving forward. I think this is an awesome change cuz nobody wanna sit there for 5 minutes for a fucking move to complete.
You be dreaming buddy.. Still ~10sec and still has that cinematic vibe...

Only reason it might feel different is that you haven't seen it 15000 times by now.

I wasn't blown away by the trailer. Honestly, it's hard to even get excited because who even knows what moves will be legal.

He doesn't appear to be the character that's going to make me want to keep playing like I hoped he'd be. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

I didn't even see any multiple hatchet combos, but hopefully he has them.
All moves are legal if you play the game as intended :cool:

He looks pretty mediocre, which is why i stated he's mid tier. If i'm wrong i'll accept it but until he drops i'm not going to think he's anything else.
How tf can he look mediocre in a trailer? What if the bow is plus a million on block? Be more clueless, please. I get off on blocking people like this, I swear.