What's new

Night Wolf Trailer!!

The long awaited Nightwolf trailer is here. Watch him channel spirits and axe stuff to death in the video below. On top of that, we have the reveal of our next DLC costume pack, which looks to be "klassic arcade fighters" pack for parts of the roster.

The hype is real!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

AFter watching the trailer a million times, I expect his classic moves to be standard.
e.g. shoulder charge, bow, reflect
  • I think roll under projectile will replace shoulder
  • seems to have lighting bow which will probably replace regular bow
  • Spirit animals are definite kustom
  • i think he'll have a kustom move that alters/lengthens his basics
Stay thoughts:
  • outro 10/10
  • If the 2nd fatality is spirit animal related, i'll be deeply disappointed.
  • Wish they showed other gear, but we'll wait for kombat kast for that.

that "and two more" better be revealed at evo. I bet his animal trait moves are abilities. he seems cool but his fatal blow and first fatality kind of didn't do it for me besides ripping half of you off by the jaw; should've just let the bear and wolf go at the insides. don't kano and jax pretty much already have "klassic" skins? are they slightly altering and then re packaging skins

Last edited:
Nightwolf has honor, but honor and fighting cleanly are two different things as proven by his nut stab on Kotal.

Maybe, but at least some of his moves will be allowed, Spawn might end up being banned all together since guests get special treatment usally as OP machines.
Huh? The only guest that was banned in an NRS game was Kratos, simply because he was only on PS3.

Also....why does Kano have his beard in that Klassic skin? He had no facial hair in MK3. It's not like there isn't already a bald skin for them to use on that outfit.

AFter watching the trailer a million times, I expect his classic moves to be standard.
e.g. shoulder charge, bow, reflect
  • I think roll under projectile will replace shoulder
  • seems to have lighting bow which will probably replace regular bow
  • Spirit animals are definite kustom
  • i think he'll have a kustom move that alters/lengthens his basics
Stay thoughts:
  • outro 10/10
  • If the 2nd fatality is spirit animal related, i'll be deeply disappointed.
  • Wish they showed other gear, but we'll wait for kombat kast for that.
Maybe he has a werewolf fatality?

Projectile parry into teleport looks cheap so i see that not being in tournament variation
So does that roll into that low then launcher, The lightning projectile afterwards maybe tournament legal tho.
The bear spirit buff seems to give him armor so i don't see that being tournament legal either.

By the looks of it he will be mid tier at best.

His fatality is awesome, that is up there with Geras' skin rip or Kabal's sword dentist for wince factor.

I'll re-evaluate the moves when he's out and we can see what's actually in his tournament variations. I hate that MK character trailers don't feel that cool because of variations. At least we can see he has the shoulder and even a shoulder KB, and I can't imagine they'd make shoulder a variation move.

Cant believe i am saying this about him but Nightwolf looks awesome (except helm and pads).

I have to give them thumbs up for making me like one of my bottom three pre MK4 characters.

Edit: loving those animals

I guarantee the spirit animals are not in tourney or ranked variations just like ninja moves werent for Shang even tho it was the whole trailer