What's new

Tech New Tech vs Mileena *Xbox and PS Vita Only*

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
UPDATE: After extensive testing, this is an XBOX/PS VITA ONLY tech. What I mean by this is that the tech is to dash out and avoid the second kick of Mileena's EX Telekick then attack or throw, which you cannot do on the PS3. I can get it nearly every time on the Xbox where I've only dashed out twice in over a thousand tries on the PS3. On the PS3, you can only crouch block the first telekick and jump out which is something altogether different.

There are five characters who can dash out on the Xbox version:
Kitana, Sindel, Noob, Skarlet, and Freddy

ORIGINAL POST:
I have found new tech vs Mileena's EX Telekick. Here is a video:

The concept was originally discovered by DanCock 10 months ago:

I thought I would experiment more and with the suggestion from 7L, I tested and confirmed that blocking the first telekick then dashing out of the way of the second and throwing Mileena as she lands is guaranteed exactly like it is after a long combo in the corner ended with standing 2 or d1 and they try to get up by jumping out or ducking (only here, they can't use a wakeup attack to escape with). If timed properly, she cannot duck under the throw.

What does this mean? Obviously you get the forward throw and OTG setup or you can bait a wakeup and punish hard. But more importantly, you can attack with ANY other move that is around 12 frames or faster (possibly even 14? ) and they cannot duck it. I have gotten a 33 to connect before they could duck which can be confirmed into Cutter.

Sadly, because of how fast you have to attack after the dash, you cannot use 21. You may be able to input a down or forward direction then go neutral into 21, but you risk doing a rogue Fan Lift which will be punished. I say, just stay away from using 21 in this setup at all. You could opt for a b3 into EX Fan or Lift, but you cannot hit confirm that. You may even be able to use 11 which you can hit confirm into EX Fan or Lift or Cutter.

Another plus is that whenever a Mileena player does EX Telekick, they buffer the Air Sai quickly. With how fast this setup happens, they will be inputting the Air Sai when you either throw them or throw out an attack. They may even be mashing 1 to get the Air Sai to come out so they will automatically escape any backthrow attempt, so make sure you do the forward throw. They are not thinking to block halfway during this move and are likely to be hit. If they press block in anticipation that I might do this tech, either their Air Sai will not come out because they are blocking, or they go for it and get EX Air Sai wasting yet another bar and they do not want that.

You may not think this is good and you can easily just block both kicks and punish, but I suggest you mess around with this. This is definitely a problem for Mileena.

Let me know what you think... perhaps I will borrow the Hauppauge from my friend and try to record a session of punishing Mileena wakeups to show you exactly what I am talking about.

Unlike in the video, you can standblock the first telekick and dash out just the same.

I first posted this information here:
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/kitana-matchup-discussion-thread.6637/

Other information on punishing EX Telekick with the cast:
* All armor attacks work against the first and second kick, including all Xrays except Jax and Kano.

Characters that can dash out:
Sindel, Kitana, Noob, Skarlet, Freddy

Characters with invincible specials that work:
  • Cyrax (Anti-Air)
  • Cage (EX Nut Punch)
Characters with specials that work:
  • Cyber Sub-Zero (Ice Parry (8%) and EX Ice Parry (27%)) - 1 frame startup!
  • Sheeva (Anti-Air Grab) - only works on the first kick. If you are watching for the Telekick, you can grab it on reaction.
Characters with Armor Attacks that give better combos than just blocking:
  • Sonya (EX Cartwheel)
  • Kabal (EX Nomad Dash cancel into 2~ndc, 2~ndc, 2, f4~nd) ... although you can just opt for a d1 into f4~nd instead, but sometimes you whiff the f4 and get nothing.
  • Kenshi (EX Rising Karma?)
  • Freddy can dash out, but EX Sweet Dreams gives you a full combo!
Characters that have better options just blocking both kicks:
  • Scorpion - d1~tp to vortex
  • Sub-Zero - 212~freeze

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Konqrr Yes. I like this tech...I was confused at first when I watching Sindel acting like a fool, lol. So let me get this correct...I am guaranteed a throw after dashing out of the telekick?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Konqrr Yes. I like this tech...I was confused at first when I watching Sindel acting like a fool, lol. So let me get this correct...I am guaranteed a throw after dashing out of the telekick?
Yes, if you time it right, they cannot duck or attack.

I am unsure if they can use armor, but they are in recovery frames so I doubt it.

I WISH that I could provide a video, but I don't have the means.

RunwayMafia

Yes, if you time it right, they cannot duck or attack.

I am unsure if they can use armor, but they are in recovery frames so I doubt it.

I WISH that I could provide a video, but I don't have the means.
I own an HDPVR...I can film it for you

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So what do I exactly do. Block the first kick, standing, then back dash or walk back?
Backdash away from the second kick and immediately do a forward throw. If you have someone to help, have them try to duck or you can put the training mode on crouch to make sure you are timing it right. You can record a backdash into 33~cutter as well, although it is blockable, the Mileena player isn't going to expect their kick to whiff and an attack come at them.

RunwayMafia

Backdash away from the second kick and immediately do a forward throw. If you have someone to help, have them try to duck or you can put the training mode on crouch to make sure you are timing it right. You can record a backdash into 33~cutter as well, although it is blockable, the Mileena player isn't going to expect their kick to whiff and an attack come at them.
I'll be recording this in a few minutes. This is great tech.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is this universal? Or hitbox/dash/ backdash speed dependent? Basically I'm asking if sub can pull this off. Lol
I couldn't do it with Cage. I honestly don't know.

Feel free to report back here or make a thread in whatever character forum you get it to work on. Just make sure to link it back here for the explanation and eventual video.

Somberness

Lights
From the other thread.
What does this mean? Obviously you get the forward throw and OTG setup or you can bait a wakeup and punish hard. But more importantly, you can attack with ANY other move that is around 12 frames or faster (possibly even 14? Somberness ) and they cannot duck it. I have gotten a 33 to connect before they could duck which can be confirmed into Cutter.
Technically, you are +16, not including a few frames to get out of the way completely. 3 isn't a true high and will usually hit anyway. If it was a high, it should be guaranteed, provided the hit box makes contact.. It seems that few characters can actually do this while stand blocking the first hit. Sindel & Kitana only?

If a sai is used immediately (it usually is) and you of course crouch block the second hit, the disadvantage is more on the teleport. You can use 2~ex fan which is easier to do than d1~ex fan.
edit: not that d1~ex fan is that hard, but it is more damage.