What's new

New Reptile Resets

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
pretty much raiman. reptile will risk his Anti wake up MAJOR GAME (core game for reptile) to have an extra 7%.

if a simple EX SFB was done as a finisher, and opponent BLOCKED(afriad...without any legit escapes). the Damage done by the follow up pressure is more than the f+3,1+2 finisher :S

1+2 finisher will add 7%, those example will add about the same if not more:

-Elbow dash JP (or even without JP), 3,2,1~ ACID into wutever u would like after, and EX SFB wont be yet touching the opponent. making total Guard pressure damage more than 10%

-a simple cr+4~ Acid hand while OKI EX SFB still on the way as well. opening the bracket of COntinued guard pressure game if opponent still blocking. Around 8% - up to more depending on the follow up or even on hit or not.

even if u dont have meter, Regular FB follow up will be Better due to the distance that the finisher(3,2,1~SFB) puts u at...making reptile in full control offensively or defensively

so really, f+3,1+2 beside corner use, is simply another Oki setup which is escapable easily unlike 3,2,1~ EX SFB series. Not only that, it will have a slight dis advantage of pressure strings and opponent escapability options due to the distance reptile will be in. making this f+3,1+2 not as strong as the regular Oki setups as well.
I see what you mean. But the ended with fb is easily ecapable. Me as a sub player just roll back with wake up ice clone and then block. If you tried to do you're dash up jump in punch the freeze will stop you in you're tracks. Or even. I can just block the fb and anti air you as you cross over with 2,2. I do it all the time now.

The thing that's good about the reset is that it can unexpected for many players who will just block and get grabbed after. If they let go of block and get hit. Like reo said. Reptile is still in a good position. You can easily bait wake up moves. The reset also can be quite good for mix ups. You said it puts both players to neutral. Well reptile can just do a slow ex forceball for example. If you're opponent tried to hit you he's getting comboed. If he tried jumping back. He's getting comboed. He tried jumping at you. He's getting comboed. And idk but at the distance if he blocks the enhanced fb. Then there's a invisible fb now in the middle of the stage.

It all just comes down to how the reptile uses this. I'm pretty sure smart reptile can use this for a good advantage and great mix up options. It's not like you have to completely stop doing his other fb set ups. It just adds to his game and gives hom more options to work with witch is positive. Idk about calling this useless at all. 7% extra damage is good enough. It can be the extra damage needed to kill off a opponent.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
no no, u got it wrong cat. How u been by the way?

I see what you mean. But the ended with fb is easily ecapable. Me as a sub player just roll back with wake up ice clone and then block. If you tried to do you're dash up jump in punch the freeze will stop you in you're tracks. Or even. I can just block the fb and anti air you as you cross over with 2,2. I do it all the time now.

f+3,1+2 on hit have the SAME exact effect as regular SFB Oki. the only downunder is the distance. So as i said, it's another way of doin the regular SFB oki or a simple dash oki. Matter of fact, this setup on hit is not good for FB's after wards due to the distance (regardless of what opponent character is). making it viable more for dash.
So if it's bout Subzero punishing with Clone....subzero will punish this f+3,1+2 setup as well with clones :S (thats regarding the case that f+3,1+2 hit)..... the regular 3,2,1~ FB finisher will give u an advantage in case if subzero didnt wake up with clones* other than that, both are the exact same as i said.

thus to conclude, against someone like subzero, why would u even use f+3,1+2 setup in such case if u can zone control with the other setups due to the distance it provides for reptile?

The thing that's good about the reset is that it can unexpected for many players who will just block and get grabbed after. If they let go of block and get hit. Like reo said. Reptile is still in a good position. You can easily bait wake up moves. The reset also can be quite good for mix ups. You said it puts both players to neutral. Well reptile can just do a slow ex forceball for example. If you're opponent tried to hit you he's getting comboed. If he tried jumping back. He's getting comboed. He tried jumping at you. He's getting comboed. And idk but at the distance if he blocks the enhanced fb. Then there's a invisible fb now in the middle of the stage.

again.no no, ur confused. first off, why would u block? i didnt see anyone blockin while being juggle for ANY REASON. wuts the point? afraid of gettin hit in the middle of the combo? opponent has a LONG time after he falls on the ground to do wutever he wants. anybody who press block in middle of a juggle will simply ruin his Game play because the block will register as a roll......this were is the wake up control in such case?

i dont know if ur aware of this or not, this is not a reset....the block OTG will happen ONLY IF OPPONENT BLOCKED. unlike kenshi's or smoke, were u are forced to block in the middle of the juggle (standing up) or else u might eat a juggle reset. ...Reptiles case is the other way around. ....in that case, what's the point of blocking :S
your like saying , hey every time i do a combo and when opponent stand up, opponent blocks my incoming Elbow dash move and punish....why does he block? why does he punish :s......

so simply, to escape this, simply dont block while in the middle of a juggle if u dont want this Trap to happen to u :S....reptile is not kenhsi nor smoke.

as for the rest of wut you said in the paragraph...i really didnt get what u mean. ur saying it's good to use, but if reptile used FB then opponent can and can..etc. if the Reset happens reptile will be close range :S. simply frame reset up close. only answer reptile have are cr+4~ acid, simple pressure gaurd, throw....etc
no FB setups in such case...

It all just comes down to how the reptile uses this. I'm pretty sure smart reptile can use this for a good advantage and great mix up options. It's not like you have to completely stop doing his other fb set ups. It just adds to his game and gives hom more options to work with witch is positive. Idk about calling this useless at all. 7% extra damage is good enough. It can be the extra damage needed to kill off a opponent.

hmmm alright. it can be useful, but never mid screen :s...only corner for a surprise pressure IF OPPONENT DID A MISTAKE BY BLOCKING (which opponent doesnt require to block :S...simply eat the damage).
the reason why this setup is not good in mid screen (beside the mentioned reasons specifically to reptile), compared to other characters reset, it doesnt put u in advantage.
Kenshi and smoke BOTH puts Smoke and kenshi in advantage after the reset due to the distance they will be in. reptile will simply end up close, it's anybodies game :S

so by means, fall for the trick once and that's it......very escapable and predictable afterwards

Mosp

Noob
EX cartwheel. Voila, you have a solid wakeup option to get you out of all sorts of pressure, and a safe one at that. You could even EX teleport if you were really desperate.
Uhh i assume you mean EX ragdoll which you can get poked out of pretty easily along with his EX teleport so not very solid I would say.

Cat

I been good bro.

Yeah good points. I know it's not gureented but even if the opponent does not block. You get 7% extra damage and yeah I understand about the distance. But being up close can be beneficial against some characters who like to maintain their distance against reptile. You also are in range for dash up and mix in a cross over jump to confuse opponents wake up attack inputs.
The other set up is good don't get me wrong. But against certain characters who can easily escape the sfb set up by a tele or what not having them closer is a good option.
And if you do get the reset you just eliminated your opponents wake up and can surprise Him with a mix ups he didn't see coming.

It's like subs 22 freeze into b2 reset. It's escapable by not pressing block. But how many ppl have you seen fall for it and get refreezed?? Shit Tom has gotten so many ppl with that in high level tourney play.

I guess it all depends on the player. It's not Like every reptile player has to play the same way to win. Its always the unique player who uses a characther like no one else that is the most successful.

Pagan

Noob
Even if this isn't game breaking, like Raiden's block infinite, it still gives one extra option to an otherwise very strong character. The one redeeming quality to this is that a player can choose what they feel most confident in; their ability to battle frame pressure or to choose the right wakeup. S tier are there for a reason.

Me, I'm not too worried about stuff like this because some point this year we will be getting the legendary patch and it's going to change the meta of this game considerably.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
alright great to hear ur good :) like wise in here cat

Alright.hmm i agree on u with the concept that f+3,1+2 is legit use! like, why not use it. but i would like to mention some stuff first before i go into the final stuff i wanted to explain :p (srry for bothering and long read as well lol)

the only 2 characters in the game that can 100% escape Reptiles safely from FB okizeme or punish the OKI setups are:
-Subzero with Clones
-Smoke with Earth shaker
-Sonya EX fly kick

there are few characters that can matigate the damage or escape if cr+4 is not inputted after FB oki: for example scorpions EX teleport, must be stopped with stuff in cr+4. or kenshi EX RK to matigate the damage. though, for the matigation, it will matigate reptiles Dash and punish him and then either eat FB or forced to block to not get hit by it, making the opponent combo nullyfied and hit traded.

Types of Oki for reptiles:

1-Dash Okizeme. Simply just dash and see what will opponent do, whether reacting with a move or block to punish after or simply just pressuring and confusing opponent
Example: after elbow dash hits opponent, 3x times to change sides or twice.

2-Complete anti wake up with dis regarding offensive pressure series. it's done when u know opponent will either play dead or wake up with a move and that ur EX FB will Catch them. this is done by:
3,2,1~elbow dash~ NJp, 3,2,1~ EX FB
the idea is that EX SFB will hit opponent fast. making reptile Guard strings shorter

3-the third style is simply more damaging combo, which! leads reptile to think about either Defend Control, offense pressure on hit or guard, or simply turtle.
it's also the best Oki as for push to/ near corner pressure, and in general opens the bracket of Reptile pressuring safely with tons of option afterward
3,2,1~elbow dash~ NJP, 3,2~ FB,3,2,1~ EX FB
FB will be slower due to the distance (unlike example 2). thus reptile have more control whether to counter opponents jumps, guard, turtle, or simply pressure.
the benefit is, if reptile pressure, the amount of stings before FB hits are more. making completely reptile favor for offensive mind games.

4-Finally. Regular Okizeme finished with regular SFB.
example: 3,2,1~elbow dash~NJP, 3,2~ FB, 3,2,1~ SFB
this is good for both defense and offense. if opponent not aware of the SFB, u can pressure him afterwards with Dash into combo strings. or opponent is aware, ur simply forcing a safe FB pressure and afterwards u can completely defend without any dis advantages (defend, turtle...etc)

To rate those Oki setups from best to least (that doesnt make them ALL great oki and that each has it's own situation)...then i would say:

Example: 3
Example: 2
Example: 1
Example: 4

Now to rate, f+3,1+2 combo finisher Okizeme, it's one of the series of Example 4. the reasons?

-On hit, after opponent is knock down, Regular SFB can be cached easily by Xray, fast special moves and mitigated armor due to the distance (example, EX Kung lao Spin).so by means, the only viable Oki use after the f+3,1+2 knock down is Elbow dash to other side for safety.or Multiple Elbow dash for confusion. and finally EX SFB due to the fast startup (ex SFB is 18 frame start up, while Regular SFB is 29 Start up)

-only viable Really well against regular stand up. like any other Oki reptile has, u can simply just dash or walk in close and simply stuff with cr+4. in such case, any of reptile Oki can do that

-YOU WILL HAVE TO LAND AND PREFORM OKI AFTERWARDS...which is speed dependable. if u want FB oki afterwards, ur only solution is EX SFB. any other thing beside that, escapable and punishable....this is a major Dis advantage :S unlike his other setups due to the fact they are CHAINED at the end of the combo, giving reptile more time to maneuver.

the f+3,1+2 Oki follow up (on hit) is the same exact example as doing: 1,2,2,1 , dash in f+2,b+1 . EX SFB or regular SFB . That if it's on hit.

Now into the other things f+3,1+2 has:

-you replace a better Okizeme control with 7% damage (i think it scales as well). making any offensive FB follow up not effective at all compared to Example (3) and (2). if it's about regular pressure after wards with either cross over or cr+4 stuff in...etc, then every other reptile Oki setup can do the same! not only that, reptile will have full Control on pressure.
also, ALL of those Oki example are escapable the same way depending on what reptile do...so there're no differentiation.
so the sole reason to use in mid screen just for the 7%? while having fewer control? hmmm...i myself would choose the other examples instead.

-The only reason why i would find this set up useful in Mid screen, is when i dont have meter and want damage as much as possible! after wards i can as well keep the pressure, semi mind games with Elbow dash confusion follow up

anything other than that, then the only use for this setup...as i mentioned before, CORNER. Only corner, period.

Now to answer what you mentioned:

But being up close can be beneficial against some characters who like to maintain their distance against reptile. You also are in range for dash up and mix in a cross over jump to confuse opponents wake up attack inputs.
The other set up is good don't get me wrong. But against certain characters who can easily escape the sfb set up by a tele or what not having them closer is a good option.
And if you do get the reset you just eliminated your opponents wake up and can surprise Him with a mix ups he didn't see coming.

Sure, being upclose can be beneficial against some characters for sure. but that doesnt mean that vise versa as well. in FACT! up close, opponent can afford MORE answers against defending against OKI....but hey, cause ur kinda confused....this is NOT ON BLOCK i presume? :S hence this is the same exact situation as the example of regular FB follow up or dash (Example 4). so....whats the problem? lol .i really did mention that u can do use the f+3,1+2 as a nice Oki if it hit. though again, the distance will put u in less advantage compared to the other oki setups.
so if you think it puts reptile closer toward opponent compared to the other Oki setups (the EX FB setups)...then your wrong. In fact, every other oki can put reptile close as well :S...so wuts the point?
f+3,1+2 will only give u the option of regular pressure after IF OPPONENT didnt wake up with a move that counters (example cr+4~ acid hands). Or a simple 2 or 3x dash confusion while opponent lying down on the ground. Anything else not completely advantageous like the other examples (3 and 2 or 4) due to the distance.
and again ofcourse, regular SFB...no no. slow starter, reptile will be punished.

if you think it's good because it puts reptile in close, then every Oki can have the same effect by either the nature of the Oki, or a follow up safe dash to get u close.

And if you do get the reset you just eliminated your opponents wake up and can surprise Him with a mix ups he didn't see coming

now , the reason why i dont like this mid screen is. this is not viable at all, and it's not controllable to reset by reptile...it's opponent dependable. by means, opponent will have to block WHILE BEING JUGGLE. now....Why the heck would someone block in middle of the juggle if he doesnt have any resets? lol
if it's a reset that reptile have control over, TRUST ME! i would be using it A LOT. though, this is opponent thing :S. And if opponent did that, he DESERVE any follow up! it's purely the opponent mistake :S

It's like subs 22 freeze into b2 reset. It's escapable by not pressing block. But how many ppl have you seen fall for it and get refreezed?? Shit Tom has gotten so many ppl with that in high level tourney play.

this is not even comparable! this is a completely different example.... Subzero Unblock-able (b+2 charged) can be even escaped and punished by some players...and it's Ground to ground. so it's a complete pressure from Subzero, GUARANTEED! and your forced to escape or do something about it.

reptile case is, WHILE IN A JUGGLE!! WHO PRESS BLOCK WHILE IN A JUGGLE IF THEY DOESNT HAVE A RESET! ? lol seriously....who?
also, sub's b+2 is not escapable by not pressing block :S ...what ur talkin about?

if this was a controllable reset, it would be simply amazing! because reptile will take control (like for example Subzero b+2, were subzero forces the pressure). but this is completely OPPONENT dependable IF OPPONENT DID A MISTAKE OF BLOCKING WHILE REPTILE IS JUGGLING.

so how can i depend on such reset where it's opponent dependable?

it's exactly as if ur saying...i will do a combo, after i land it i will rush and do the same combo. the first combo did 30%, then the second will also do the same leading to a total of 60%. ...well ya right! if! opponent will get hit by the second combo lol :S so ur basing opponents FAULT which is completely AVOIDABLE, by saying i can use this every time because their might be the SLIGHTEST chance that i can close pressure after, while gambling whole Oki follow up for this ....a risk of wasting guaranteed Oki follow up/setup for 7% damage, or a chance that my opponent is an idiot and block while i am juggling him in the air :)

This oki in my opinion is only useful in corner only! the only chance were u can have extra damage and pressure guard after wards whether against play dead, regular wake up or Opponent blocks...

PS: i wanna tell u, i only saw it gettin blocked once or twice through out my whole time playin with reptile (whether offline or online)

take care cat, hope u got my point or what i mean actually :p gnight man

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Even if this isn't game breaking, like Raiden's block infinite, it still gives one extra option to an otherwise very strong character. The one redeeming quality to this is that a player can choose what they feel most confident in; their ability to battle frame pressure or to choose the right wakeup. S tier are there for a reason.

Me, I'm not too worried about stuff like this because some point this year we will be getting the legendary patch and it's going to change the meta of this game considerably.

ya seriously people got hyped over nothing....and the vid didnt explain, which caused all of this lol

Reptile wont have CONTROL afterwards whether to pressure guard after or not....this will give the SAME EXACT OKI RESULTS like any of reptile other Oki results. the block thing ONLY HAPPENS WHEN OPPONENT BLOCK IN THE MIDDLE OF A JUGGLE! lol

now, why would Opponent block in the middle of a juggle? in that case, if opponent blocked in the middle of ANY game juggle and against any character that doesnt have OTG resets (smoke, kenshi and jade)...opponent deserve the outcome! it's purely Opponents mistake

it's exactly as if ur saying....Ohh i ate a 45% combo, i woke up and because i was reckless tryin to wake up with Subzero slide, opponent blocked it. now wtf, this is OP! opponent should not block something like that, he just did 45% combo...now i will eat another 45% combo....Block is OP!

:S

PS: if u think Raidens block infinite is not game breaking, simply u dont know what ur saying...... i dont even know how u had the GUTS to mention something like that man lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I read somewhere in teef's posts that after a blocked 1+2 the characters are at neutral. Can we get confirmation of this?

If it's true then I will drop my claim of it being OP.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
ohh glad u brought this up so i can explain about this part. From my knowledge, reptile SHOULD have upperhand due to cancel animation. From my try outs, here's what i did (to make sure)

after reptile do the combo, OPPONENT BLOCKS THE FINISHER. As soon as i do f+1+2, i Input Standing 1, and opponent does the same after he block. who wins? sometimes me, sometimes opponent. (this is done as Reptile Vs Reptile)

Now lets talk real and logic. Do u guys know how many Frames is it for reptiles normals? ..... ?

-1 - 11
2 - 11
3 - 13
4 - 18
d+1 - 9
d+2 - 11
d+3 - 8
d+4 - 12
f+2 - 15
f+3 - 15
b+1 - 15
b+4 - 18

by far, one of the SLOWEST in the game :S...lets bring someone like, Kenshi:

-1 - 10
2 - 12
3 - 13
4 - 28
d+1 - 6
d+2 - 14
[COLOR="#FF0000"]d+3 - 7
d+4 - 12[/COLOR]
u+4 - 26
f+2 - 12
f+3 - 15
f+4 - 23
b+2 - 19
b+4 - 19

so lets SAY reptile has upper hand. If this is done Mid screen, the only thing that Reptile can do afterwards for Guaranteed safe movement(or frame trap) is cr+4~ Acid.
CONSIDERING THE FACT! Opponent will not Crouch Poke or use a fast answer.....someone like kenshi with either cr+3 or cr+1 with speeds of 6 and 7, or fast specials(or specials with armor)...example, kenshi EX SC(8 frames) and reptiles Elbow dash(6 frames)

Now lets say, HOW MANY FRAMES will reptile have as advantage? 5? 6? ...wutever it's....you want to tell me, that Reptile will out poke Fast opponents?
not only that! in mid screen Reptile will be forced to DASH after the f+1+2 (ON BLOCK) to do a close pressure....How many Frame is Dash is? :S...

even if reptile did the FASTEST thing he has after opponent block (Elbow dash), if it's block Reptile will be severely punished.

so even if this is done in corner, Opponent can stuff in ur move Faster than reptile stuff opponent in many cases.

again, this is only good in corner, and the pressure is easily escapable by a lot of options!
and AGAIN!!! FOR GOD SAKE!! lol this reset is only pullable WHEN OPPONENT BLOCK IN THE MIDDLE OF REPTILES JUGGLE!! lol....who does that? who does that against reptile?

how can people even say this is OP!!! just how?......

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Hmm Cat from MKU told me to get here.

first off, this is not new to me to be honest. and I DID mention this before as well. and THTB , dude are u drunk? lol remember when we were talkin about f+3? and i said the only good use for it is for corner pressure in combos? other wise no use?

"about the f+3. i actually felt the same. Though i did put it to the test...and seriously i cant find a SOLID reason to use except for corner ender (for just a change of mix ups) or in general a combo finisher. it has the same Time doin Oki FB, even better in my opinion in some cases due to the ground stagger"

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4816-CHOMP-CHOMP-HISS!-The-Reptile-Matchup-Thread/page19

secondly, good finding anyways. but here's some stuff so people understand before going crazy over nothing....and no this is far from being OP or that it requires nerf at all :S

-This is not a reset. simply it's a block OTG

-in general if u want this stagger effect, opponent have to block!! why would opponent EVEN block in a middle of a juggle like this?
Smoke, kenshi or jade OTG resets Requires that U MUST block or else u will eat a re cycle of corner combos, or even mid screen (Smoke and Kenshi).
for reptile case, why would u even block? :S ....u dont block....

-f+3,1+2. if block, yes it has quick recovery, but it nulls the frames to zero afterwards. By means it's completely frame war...a simple poke or a quick special move will stuff reptile in case of reptile blocking or not.

-If you think this is Useful mid screen, then i would like to tell ur wrong. Opponent might fall for it once or twice TOPS! afterwards, whether block or not, it's seriously a SERIOUS GAMBLE due to the faster frame war afterwards.

-As of Oki wise on hit/midscreen.
it's Okay ....but it's exactly as if ur doing : 1,2,2,1. dash in f+2,b+1~ OKI FB. or a simple dash elbow x4 trap. or 3,2,1~Elbow dash~ NJP, 3,2,~ FB, 3,2,1~Dash/ SFB non EX
this Oki wont give Reptile advantage like his other setups due to the fact Reptile will be able to control ONLY defensive and not offensively.by means u cannot follow up with dash and pressure after due to the Distance. making it easily escapable by Armors, some wake up specials moves, or even a simple jump forward on wake up.
i am not saying it's bad, but it's not as strong as the other OKI setups form mid screen hands down.
so to conclude on hit while used in mid screen, the only viable Pressure after wards is 2 or 3x dash, which is a gamble in it's nature. the same case like a simple dash knockdown followed by 3xdash.
any FB oki afterward, are simply Rolled back easily, and reptile wont be able to go Offensive with dash. due to the distance, it will shorten the Capabilities of pressure afterwards as well as easier escape window
so the only follow ups are:
A) FB wait and bait
B) FB if opponent roll, DASH...though be aware if they woke up with a move, reptile will be countered in most of the situations (Example any teleport in the game)
C) Easier escape from opponent
D) the perfect use would be either dash in cr+4~ acid hand after FB (which escapable by jump), or a Multiple elbow dash setups

-As of Oki on block in midscreen.
It's really easily countered due to the frame reset after. yes can be used for baits, and yes can be used to confuse. but whats the point when u can do EXACTLY the same effect after a simple 3,2,1~njp, 3,2~fb, 3,2~regular SFB Oki..... or even as an ender 3,2,1~ Dash x3.
instead due to the block effect, it makes it slightly a threat! a mistake from reptile, and opponent gain regain strength back if countered correctly :S
and trust me.....it's Counter able by a LOOOOOOOOOT.....LOOOOOOOOOO......etc
so by means, it's a simple Gamble like any of the other string guard gambles

-Major dis advantage is the distance if f+3,1+2 hit . making it a more Oki defensive setup than offensive UNLESS IF BLOCKED, and in such case, it's completely gamble

Now into the usefulness of this setup:

1-Corner pressure like his other regular Combo setups/ or Oki setups

2-Anti play dead like the regular Oki setup or combo setups. by means, u will still be able to either dash or cr+3~ Acid hand or cr+3~ 3,2,1 corner pressure. though like any regular anti play dead, escapable by pokes or jumps.

3-On block, if not expected, it can keep the flow still goin on by 3,2,1~ acid or slide mix up or simple 3,2 gaps into throws or singular hits. though like regular combo setups, it reset frames, making it the faster frame or move have the advantage

so to conclude from all of this. f+3,1+2 in combos, is simply ANOTHER way of doin either
A) combo ender with regular SFB Oki.
B) simple dash bait traps/confusion if it hit
C) in corner IF BLOCKED! it can be very tricky depending on opponent response. though the same situation can be applied on his regular combo setup. in fact the other will score a guaranteed knock down without a chance of standing block after. making it a regular combo setup whether to anti wake up game after or simply cr+3 anti play dead (like the other setups)

so.....making regular combo finisher of 3,2,1~ FB way better due to distance control, whether defense or offense. unlike f+3,1+2 in mid screen.

to conclude again:

1-Dont block if u goin to cry about it
2-simply another way of preforming any of his regular oki
3-Only useful in corner, which is NOT that rewarding at all as well in case of Block....simply will be used more as of damage instead of slide Finisher or the desired action by the player.
4-if u have EX meter, WHY THE HECK, would u finish ur combo with such a move(f+3,1+2) anywhere beside corner? simply regular FB after 3,2,1 finisher will make better Pressure effect due to distance control. and also using Meter for the ACTUAL complete pressure after, is tons better(EX SFB).

hope i was informative. and anyways, great stuff showtime....keep up the reptile discoveries guys.

PS: just dont block :S
i still like end my kombos with 321 slow ball just bc i like that pressure better. More consistant. But i dont understand why is it that people use 321 ex slow ball when standard slow come out if you the slow first in the combo.. I think its a waiste of meter to do ex slow

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
ohh glad u brought this up so i can explain about this part. From my knowledge, reptile SHOULD have upperhand due to cancel animation. From my try outs, here's what i did (to make sure)

after reptile do the combo, OPPONENT BLOCKS THE FINISHER. As soon as i do f+1+2, i Input Standing 1, and opponent does the same after he block. who wins? sometimes me, sometimes opponent. (this is done as Reptile Vs Reptile)

Now lets talk real and logic. Do u guys know how many Frames is it for reptiles normals? ..... ?

-1 - 11
2 - 11
3 - 13
4 - 18
d+1 - 9
d+2 - 11
d+3 - 8
d+4 - 12
f+2 - 15
f+3 - 15
b+1 - 15
b+4 - 18

by far, one of the SLOWEST in the game :S...lets bring someone like, Kenshi:

-1 - 10
2 - 12
3 - 13
4 - 28
d+1 - 6
d+2 - 14
[COLOR="#FF0000"]d+3 - 7
d+4 - 12[/COLOR]
u+4 - 26
f+2 - 12
f+3 - 15
f+4 - 23
b+2 - 19
b+4 - 19

so lets SAY reptile has upper hand. If this is done Mid screen, the only thing that Reptile can do afterwards for Guaranteed safe movement(or frame trap) is cr+4~ Acid.
CONSIDERING THE FACT! Opponent will not Crouch Poke or use a fast answer.....someone like kenshi with either cr+3 or cr+1 with speeds of 6 and 7, or fast specials(or specials with armor)...example, kenshi EX SC(8 frames) and reptiles Elbow dash(6 frames)

Now lets say, HOW MANY FRAMES will reptile have as advantage? 5? 6? ...wutever it's....you want to tell me, that Reptile will out poke Fast opponents?
not only that! in mid screen Reptile will be forced to DASH after the f+1+2 (ON BLOCK) to do a close pressure....How many Frame is Dash is? :S...

even if reptile did the FASTEST thing he has after opponent block (Elbow dash), if it's block Reptile will be severely punished.

so even if this is done in corner, Opponent can stuff in ur move Faster than reptile stuff opponent in many cases.

again, this is only good in corner, and the pressure is easily escapable by a lot of options!
and AGAIN!!! FOR GOD SAKE!! lol this reset is only pullable WHEN OPPONENT BLOCK IN THE MIDDLE OF REPTILES JUGGLE!! lol....who does that? who does that against reptile?

how can people even say this is OP!!! just how?......
Ok so, if I understand that correctly, Reptile doesn't have so much advantage that you can't jump out or counter-poke after being forced into stand block by 1+2.

If this is the case, what you want to do is block the 1+2, block check for a dash, and then counter with a poke OR jump out/cross up immediately. There's no reason to eat 7% unscaled damage and then let Reptile set up oki. That's bad.

The more I think about it, the less powerful it seems. It's not nearly as useful as Kabal's standing reset, which is what I was afraid it would be. Could you imagine? Reptile having a Kabal style standing reset after a full combo? jesus christ lol.

Also I always hold block while being combo'd; theres no reason not to. If they drop it or a move whiffs and I'm holding block I get to escape the rest of the damage.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Its still great by the way.

I have never found any other use for f3 2+1, other than this. In a corner is where it is most effective.

Smart opponents will most likely take the hit at the end.

Cat

So if you do the reset and go into a enhanced forball. If the opponent just blocks the forball will be gltched. And there's a invisible ball now. If the jump back. Release the forball and you can dash up into a cross over. So good.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Remember, the full details on this isn't fully known. It could potentially turn into something not even worth using. But who knows.
I agree, but if it is proven to work, then reptile just became even more devastating than he already was.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
i still like end my kombos with 321 slow ball just bc i like that pressure better. More consistant. But i dont understand why is it that people use 321 ex slow ball when standard slow come out if you the slow first in the combo.. I think its a waiste of meter to do ex slow

Consistent? there's nothing called consistent....this is not a game were u only spread one tactic and that's it. Reptile is aint smoke.
"But i dont understand why is it that people use 321 ex slow ball when standard slow come out if you the slow first in the combo"
i really didnt get wut u meant in here....But there's something i noticed that you, as well as a lot of other people in here didnt get or dont know

OKI: Only happen when YOU have full control while opponent still on the ground. hence it's complete frame advantages and pressure for u, while opponent is still on the ground cant do anything. thus, opponent will wake up FORCED TO BLOCK DUE TO THE FACT that reptile has already initiated a move and on pressure scene already.

If you did SFB regular, opponent will wake up while reptile still in the active frame of the move :S.... so by means, this Setup is more of pressure guard than an Okizeme unlike EX SFB examples..... by means, Regular SFB is not actually an Oki setup, it's simply a pressure follow up in most of the cases except in few situations.
U cannot even compare this to EX SFB,because EX SFB will always be an OKI example 100% of all times. if u think EX SFB Oki is a waste of meter,then i really dont know what to tell u :S....

I always block against other reptiles whilst being juggled, just in case they drop their combo and hit me with a forceball reset. I don't do it myself, but I have seen others do so (probably not on purpose actually).

how will blocking in the middle of the juggle save you from FB setups? in that case, if u actually having trouble against Reptile's Oki setups, i suggest u practice that with a friend....cause blocking is not the answer or ONLY answer, as well as u dont require to block in the middle of a juggle in the WHOLE GAME except for few characters (3 so far only)

If anyone want to be a good fighting game player, then everyone must learn Hit confirm or aka button at a time. means no mashing, no extra inputs, no useless inputs, and NO Multiple plinks input that are not required. these are basics!

also if reptile Droped his combo and then tried to do FB setups, then this is not Okizeme :S......Also this is not a reset.

Reset = You are forced to wake up again GUARANTEE eating a guaranteed damage or follow up, and that you cant do anything about it.Some other reset are escapable by few ways ONLY, making the trap viable in every other situation beside the ways to actually escape it. example in this game, Jax corner unblockables Setups, or cyrax Saw bomb trap reset.

Reptile doesnt have a single reset!

Smith NYC:
"Ok so, if I understand that correctly, Reptile doesn't have so much advantage that you can't jump out or counter-poke after being forced into stand block by 1+2."

correction, that YOU CAN JUMP....not Cant*

"If this is the case, what you want to do is block the 1+2, block check for a dash, and then counter with a poke OR jump out/cross up immediately. There's no reason to eat 7% unscaled damage and then let Reptile set up oki. That's bad."

Not correct. the oki follow up after hit f+3,1+2 is really horrible compared to the others due to the distance and windows of what reptile can do after wards.
as i mentioned to Raiman, you can do MORE DAMAGE than the 7% with the Other Oki due to the follow up. so why waste ur whole actual setup and core damage, mix ups to just have an Extra 7% , while u can do more damage if blocked and another chance of hit connection setups? in that case, this 7% damage u eat is garbage

so if u blocked, u simply mitigated the 7% damage that u sacrificed your whole setup for! and not only that, afterwards u can easily escape and or punish reptile severely :S

Also I always hold block while being combo'd; theres no reason not to. If they drop it or a move whiffs and I'm holding block I get to escape the rest of the damage.

I agree...in general there's no reason not to. I, as a fighting game player, i dont do any extra or un necessary inputs. an input is an Input! ...few stuff that i actually press multiple Inputs due to MORE success hit confirm. other than that, you are not required to put any extra input if u want to play the game as a high level player.

I would agree in such case for now, that no threat of holding block while in middle of a juggle if it's not gonna make u roll from ur wake up on accident. though, for reptile case, YOU DONT NEED IT! you have A LOT of time afterwards to either play dead, roll or even wake up attack.
that if it's the case that your afraid from reptile Oki setups :S
reptile doesnt cause any reset....so if u (as opponent against reptile) blocked reptiles f+3,1+2 in a juggle, then it's ur fault completely. no reason to hold block in a juggle anyways.

usedforglue:

Its still great by the way.
I have never found any other use for f3 2+1, other than this. In a corner is where it is most effective.
Smart opponents will most likely take the hit at the end.

yes , corner is the good use for this setup due to the close distance it puts reptile after....and it's not smart opponents, it's ANY opponent :S i still dont understand WHY would someone block in a middle of a juggle :S. if anyone do that beside fighting either kenshi, jade or Smoke, then you guys have to know it's a bad habbit and u have to stop doin such a thing! it's your fault.

Cat:

So if you do the reset and go into a enhanced forball. If the opponent just blocks the forball will be gltched. And there's a invisible ball now. If the jump back. Release the forball and you can dash up into a cross over. So good.

No. the only use for this glitch setup is in corner in such case. THAT IF OPPONENT BLOCKED THE f+3,1+2 SETUP. u cannot do the glitch setup midscreen due to the distance f+3,1+2 puts reptile at. thus u will has to DASH first and then do the FB glitch setup.....this is completely frame war as i said :S opponent can hit reptile, jump escape or even Punsih reptile before he even input his own FB glitch trap after the dash.

and again, ur basing biased WUT IF opponent did that to a whole series of Situation IF OPPONENT did what u exactly wanted....this is 1 out of 10 shots, very low probability.
read up top on what i posted, it's exactly as if u saying, i will do a combo which deal 50%. after i do it i will do it again! that means opponent is done, thus will make me win the round .......this will happen IF OPPONENT didnt have breaker, if opponent didnt escape, if opponent didnt read and punish....etc

Game doesnt work that way , sadly :S or else no point in playin the game

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Something i noticed and i have to say it. a LOT of people in here seems to not know reptile ! some people give me the feelings they dont even know reptile at all!!

so whether u main him or not, put reptile to the test. try those stuff urself EVEN in practice mode. go online try those stuff out. try them with friends...etc.

the least, hit reptile in the lab...know him. check his movement, combos, try to do the setup and see for urself what can u do!....etc

it seems people are just either crying or Afraid ...while not even knowing reptiles capabilities , or just responding due to theory on paper or what they saw. life doesnt go that way :S in that case, i can say every character is OP, and every character is better than reptile hands down :S

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I do recall testing the f3, 1+2 out a while ago in practice mode but I didn't think that it'd work like a reset. Probably should have tested it out online but I dismissed it as something that just looked cool lol.

And also I don't know why people are saying this is overpowered or whatever (most popele I think are joking). But I don't think it will really change how Reptile plays, especially if people just end up not blocking it. I think I did find a new possible combo with the reset though in the corner:

321 acid hand, 321 slow ball, 321 enhanced fast ball, f3 1+2

not really mindblowing or anything but I think it'll end up being good in the corner since it'll keep them there no matter what and can potentially get rid of their wakeup

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Smith NYC:
"Ok so, if I understand that correctly, Reptile doesn't have so much advantage that you can't jump out or counter-poke after being forced into stand block by 1+2."

correction, that YOU CAN JUMP....not Cant*

"If this is the case, what you want to do is block the 1+2, block check for a dash, and then counter with a poke OR jump out/cross up immediately. There's no reason to eat 7% unscaled damage and then let Reptile set up oki. That's bad."

Not correct. the oki follow up after hit f+3,1+2 is really horrible compared to the others due to the distance and windows of what reptile can do after wards.
as i mentioned to Raiman, you can do MORE DAMAGE than the 7% with the Other Oki due to the follow up. so why waste ur whole actual setup and core damage, mix ups to just have an Extra 7% , while u can do more damage if blocked and another chance of hit connection setups? in that case, this 7% damage u eat is garbage

so if u blocked, u simply mitigated the 7% damage that u sacrificed your whole setup for! and not only that, afterwards u can easily escape and or punish reptile severely :S

So... wait, are you agreeing with me? I can't tell.

To be clear, what I said was after a blocked f3 1+2 combo ender you should:

-block the 1+2

THEN

-block check for a dash
-poke or some other fast counter

OR

-jump away

and these will work as escapes.

Cat

You don't need to dash after the reset to do the ehanced fb set up. You do it where you stand and if they block it will glitch. Good luck trying to hit reptile when he does his ehanced fb.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator

So... wait, are you agreeing with me? I can't tell.

To be clear, what I said was after a blocked f3 1+2 combo ender you should:

-block the 1+2

THEN

-block check for a dash
-poke or some other fast counter

OR

-jump away

and these will work as escapes.
hmmm... alright lets say it that way.

if it's blocked it's escapable by the way u mentioned. if you got hit, it's not that great of an Oki setup, leaving only the option of general offense (non Oki). The only Oki u can do After f+3,1+2 that it an ACTUAL OKI, is the EX FB....and it's not that great compared to the other setups due to the distance.

now what i am saying....Why would Opponent even block? so both case, mid screen...this setup is not powerful compared to the others at all!! and if it's blocked, then it's luck dependable on opponent fault" blocking", as well as luck dependable if opponent reacted afterwards or not.
this is too much of Probability dependable on two series of "what if", unlike other setups....hence, aint even worth it

:) hope u got what i mean this time.

Cat:

You don't need to dash after the reset to do the ehanced fb set up. You do it where you stand and if they block it will glitch. Good luck trying to hit reptile when he does his ehanced fb.

?? lol

alright, lets say you are correct about the FB glitch set up (which i will try later today to make sure, cause i was trying dash in or not with cr+4~ EX FB not just directly EX FB)
Reptile EX FB is stuff able by TONS :S.. any faster normal, pokes, special moves or even jump ins kicks and punches in some scenarios. check your sources next time.

EX FB = 18 Frames.

Good luck doin the math on knowing what can beat that.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
just tried it online and good find but honestly not worth it.. you barely have any advantage whatsoever and ex fb is still a much better alternative as well as normal sfb