What's new

New Reptile Resets

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Well, I can tell you that you're crying about new Reptile tech, so at the very least, you're annoying me just for that.

This isn't so good that Reptile won't be manageable. To that end, it isn't worth bitching about. QED, you need to stop bitching.
I will not dignify this with a response.

Yes, it is good that things are still being found out about the game.

In this particular instance, if I were a reptile player I would be ecstatic. If I were anyone else I would be unhappy, to put it lightly.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Remember, the full details on this isn't fully known. It could potentially turn into something not even worth using. But who knows.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Hmm interesting because Kung Lao makes me rage hard lol.

And yeah I love how new things are being found. LOVE IT I LOVE ITTTTTT!
LOL sadly KL make a lot of people rage lol
but sad ly, for me, reppy is my worst matchup.

and now to top it all off, my son started maining him, his only 9, but after watching CHECK4900 combo videos of reppy? boy is he giving me fits already, and he just started yesterday and hes doing the 3,2,1,bf+2,njp combo starter :confused:
i am so proud of him :)

but yes, this is great for reppy fans, i personally am glad that this was discovered ;)

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Remember, the full details on this isn't fully known. It could potentially turn into something not even worth using. But who knows.
True. It all comes down to how much block stun there is on 1+2. It sure does look like a lot though.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
That'd be a shame because I'm busting my nut over here thinking this will make me destroy Kung Laos at will lol.

At least it gets style points. I'm gonna be using it at the end of every combo for a while now hopefully find some cool stuffs to do

THTB

For sure it is. And I don't think people have factored in that Reptile can dash cancel 1+2 (Not entirely sure on block if he can...but I know on hit he can).

I wish there weren't people having nudist time in my game room! :Soap:

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
For sure it is. And I don't think people have factored in that Reptile can dash cancel 1+2 (Not entirely sure on block if he can...but I know on hit he can).

I wish there weren't people having nudist time in my game room! :Soap:
Have you tried canceling the 1+2 on block into slide? Since the 1+2 has to be blocked standing this could possible cause a gurrented slide? Or else good for mix ups if you can also into handball as well. Overhead/low

Raiman

Noob
So Reptile can deal 36% damage and then continue pressure without the fear of wake up? Or if you let the 1+2 hit then he can still dash instantly after a 43% combo? Sounds fair. I'll be waiting to see even more Reptiles every where now. If NRS take sout cyrax bomb resets, sub zeros resets, nerfs kung laos spin or hat, I don't see how this will stay in either, its just as OP.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well from what I gather you just have to let the 1+2 hit you then if you don't want to be reset? That sucks either way. I still think reptile's standing 3 should be changed to a true high. That block string alone is godlike because all hits aren't true highs. I didn't think one of the best in the game could get better. Oh well I just sent the vid to my boy TBK and cursed while doing it.

Yup. It might not be that way if you spent some time trying to figure out some new tech for the poor instead of whining about new Reptile resets!
Just to play the devil's advocate: KT_Smith_NYC mains Smoke I believe, and the last time someone found new breakthrough tech with Smoke it was removed from the game. Not because it was OP mind you, but because it was "unintended" according to the game developers. This new Reptile tech also seems "unintended," so maybe a guy who mains Smoke and regularly tries to help other Smoke players in the character forums is someone you shouldn't be picking on.

unlike in the video though, end your combo with a 2* F3 1+2 not just the F3 1+2...the connect is easier and more damage is a plus.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
unlike in the video though, end your combo with a 2* F3 1+2 not just the F3 1+2...the connect is easier and more damage is a plus.
Yeah. He does a 35 instead. In the video he was just doing a basic Bnb.

THTB

so reptile can deal 41% damage and then continue pressure without the fear of wake up? sounds fair. I'll be waiting to see even more reptiles every where now. if NRS take sout cyrax bomb resets, sub zeros resets, nerfs kung lao spin or hat, i don't see how this will stay in either, its just as OP
No, he either gets 41% or he gets the reset. And the 41% option leaves him with wakeup pressure, but you have your wakeup attack available.

I don't see how this particularly constitutes as nearly as busted as Cyrax getting 80% for touching you lol.

Raiman

Noob
No, he either gets 41% or he gets the reset. And the 41% option leaves him with wakeup pressure, but you have your wakeup attack available.
So if you let Reptile do the 2+1 then you can wakeup? why would anyone blocke it then, all this does is give Reptile an extra 3% damage. whats the big deal? A free dash or invisibilaty afterwards? I just won't be blocking the 2+1. i still think it will be removed though, just as TheJaquio said, it was probably unintentional just like OTG bomb and that got removed.

Altaire

Noob
Because as Cyrax players, anything that snuffs our wake-up doesn't really do shit ... ya know because we have no wake-up options lol.

Still cool find. Props.
EX cartwheel. Voila, you have a solid wakeup option to get you out of all sorts of pressure, and a safe one at that. You could even EX teleport if you were really desperate.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hmm Cat from MKU told me to get here.

first off, this is not new to me to be honest. and I DID mention this before as well. and THTB , dude are u drunk? lol remember when we were talkin about f+3? and i said the only good use for it is for corner pressure in combos? other wise no use?

"about the f+3. i actually felt the same. Though i did put it to the test...and seriously i cant find a SOLID reason to use except for corner ender (for just a change of mix ups) or in general a combo finisher. it has the same Time doin Oki FB, even better in my opinion in some cases due to the ground stagger"

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4816-CHOMP-CHOMP-HISS!-The-Reptile-Matchup-Thread/page19

secondly, good finding anyways. but here's some stuff so people understand before going crazy over nothing....and no this is far from being OP or that it requires nerf at all :S

-This is not a reset. simply it's a block OTG

-in general if u want this stagger effect, opponent have to block!! why would opponent EVEN block in a middle of a juggle like this?
Smoke, kenshi or jade OTG resets Requires that U MUST block or else u will eat a re cycle of corner combos, or even mid screen (Smoke and Kenshi).
for reptile case, why would u even block? :S ....u dont block....

-f+3,1+2. if block, yes it has quick recovery, but it nulls the frames to zero afterwards. By means it's completely frame war...a simple poke or a quick special move will stuff reptile in case of reptile blocking or not.

-If you think this is Useful mid screen, then i would like to tell ur wrong. Opponent might fall for it once or twice TOPS! afterwards, whether block or not, it's seriously a SERIOUS GAMBLE due to the faster frame war afterwards.

-As of Oki wise on hit/midscreen.
it's Okay ....but it's exactly as if ur doing : 1,2,2,1. dash in f+2,b+1~ OKI FB. or a simple dash elbow x4 trap. or 3,2,1~Elbow dash~ NJP, 3,2,~ FB, 3,2,1~Dash/ SFB non EX
this Oki wont give Reptile advantage like his other setups due to the fact Reptile will be able to control ONLY defensive and not offensively.by means u cannot follow up with dash and pressure after due to the Distance. making it easily escapable by Armors, some wake up specials moves, or even a simple jump forward on wake up.
i am not saying it's bad, but it's not as strong as the other OKI setups form mid screen hands down.
so to conclude on hit while used in mid screen, the only viable Pressure after wards is 2 or 3x dash, which is a gamble in it's nature. the same case like a simple dash knockdown followed by 3xdash.
any FB oki afterward, are simply Rolled back easily, and reptile wont be able to go Offensive with dash. due to the distance, it will shorten the Capabilities of pressure afterwards as well as easier escape window
so the only follow ups are:
A) FB wait and bait
B) FB if opponent roll, DASH...though be aware if they woke up with a move, reptile will be countered in most of the situations (Example any teleport in the game)
C) Easier escape from opponent
D) the perfect use would be either dash in cr+4~ acid hand after FB (which escapable by jump), or a Multiple elbow dash setups

-As of Oki on block in midscreen.
It's really easily countered due to the frame reset after. yes can be used for baits, and yes can be used to confuse. but whats the point when u can do EXACTLY the same effect after a simple 3,2,1~njp, 3,2~fb, 3,2~regular SFB Oki..... or even as an ender 3,2,1~ Dash x3.
instead due to the block effect, it makes it slightly a threat! a mistake from reptile, and opponent gain regain strength back if countered correctly :S
and trust me.....it's Counter able by a LOOOOOOOOOT.....LOOOOOOOOOO......etc
so by means, it's a simple Gamble like any of the other string guard gambles

-Major dis advantage is the distance if f+3,1+2 hit . making it a more Oki defensive setup than offensive UNLESS IF BLOCKED, and in such case, it's completely gamble

Now into the usefulness of this setup:

1-Corner pressure like his other regular Combo setups/ or Oki setups

2-Anti play dead like the regular Oki setup or combo setups. by means, u will still be able to either dash or cr+3~ Acid hand or cr+3~ 3,2,1 corner pressure. though like any regular anti play dead, escapable by pokes or jumps.

3-On block, if not expected, it can keep the flow still goin on by 3,2,1~ acid or slide mix up or simple 3,2 gaps into throws or singular hits. though like regular combo setups, it reset frames, making it the faster frame or move have the advantage

so to conclude from all of this. f+3,1+2 in combos, is simply ANOTHER way of doin either
A) combo ender with regular SFB Oki.
B) simple dash bait traps/confusion if it hit
C) in corner IF BLOCKED! it can be very tricky depending on opponent response. though the same situation can be applied on his regular combo setup. in fact the other will score a guaranteed knock down without a chance of standing block after. making it a regular combo setup whether to anti wake up game after or simply cr+3 anti play dead (like the other setups)

so.....making regular combo finisher of 3,2,1~ FB way better due to distance control, whether defense or offense. unlike f+3,1+2 in mid screen.

to conclude again:

1-Dont block if u goin to cry about it
2-simply another way of preforming any of his regular oki
3-Only useful in corner, which is NOT that rewarding at all as well in case of Block....simply will be used more as of damage instead of slide Finisher or the desired action by the player.
4-if u have EX meter, WHY THE HECK, would u finish ur combo with such a move(f+3,1+2) anywhere beside corner? simply regular FB after 3,2,1 finisher will make better Pressure effect due to distance control. and also using Meter for the ACTUAL complete pressure after, is tons better(EX SFB).

hope i was informative. and anyways, great stuff showtime....keep up the reptile discoveries guys.

PS: just dont block :S

Raiman

Noob
1-Dont block if u goin to cry about it
2-simply another way of preforming any of his regular oki
3-Only useful in corner, which is NOT that rewarding at all as well in case of Block....simply will be used more as of damage instead of slide Finisher.
4-if u have EX meter, WHY THE HECK, would u finish ur combo with such a move(f+3,1+2) anywhere beside corner? simply regular FB after 3,2,1 finisher will make better Pressure effect due to distance control. and also using Meter for the ACTUAL complete pressure after, is tons better(EX SFB).

hope i was informative. and anyways, great stuff showtime....keep up the reptile discoveries guys.
Thanks, you answered all my questions. So basically all thats different unless you block the 1+2 is the extra damage. So now Reptiles maximum damage without meter is 43%. no biggie, i bet it gets scaled though. NRS didn't like Reptiles big damage last time

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Thanks, you answered all my questions. So basically all thats different unless you block the 1+2 is the extra damage. So now Reptiles maximum damage without meter is 43%. no biggie, i bet it gets scaled though. NRS didn't like Reptiles big damage last time
pretty much raiman. reptile will risk his Anti wake up MAJOR GAME (core game for reptile) to have an extra 7%.

if a simple EX SFB was done as a finisher, and opponent BLOCKED(afriad...without any legit escapes). the Damage done by the follow up pressure is more than the f+3,1+2 finisher :S

1+2 finisher will add 7%, those example will add about the same if not more:

-Elbow dash JP (or even without JP), 3,2,1~ ACID into wutever u would like after, and EX SFB wont be yet touching the opponent. making total Guard pressure damage more than 10%

-a simple cr+4~ Acid hand while OKI EX SFB still on the way as well. opening the bracket of COntinued guard pressure game if opponent still blocking. Around 8% - up to more depending on the follow up or even on hit or not.

even if u dont have meter, Regular FB follow up will be Better due to the distance that the finisher(3,2,1~SFB) puts u at...making reptile in full control offensively or defensively

so really, f+3,1+2 beside corner use, is simply another Oki setup which is escapable easily unlike 3,2,1~ EX SFB series. Not only that, it will have a slight dis advantage of pressure strings and opponent escapability options due to the distance reptile will be in. making this f+3,1+2 not as strong as the regular Oki setups as well.