What's new

New Reptile Resets

LOL i asked tom brady about this in like week 2 of the stbl show. he laughed at me and is prolly doing the same when he reads this thread.

are you guys using 2,f3,1+2 or just f3,1+2

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
LOL i asked tom brady about this in like week 2 of the stbl show. he laughed at me and is prolly doing the same when he reads this thread.

Either way it ends up being the same thing basically because the 1+2 is what does the reset. And from using it a bit online it seems like it's not a huge deal. The worst that can happen to the opponent is they take the unscaled 7% but in that case I think the combo ends up doing the same amount as the normal bnb. I think what it's going to boil down to is if there are useful options for when they don't block it. If there's not much to do after they get hit by it, then I don't think it'll be useful unless the opponent screws up and blocks midstring.

However people might find some interesting things to do. So far I haven't lol

lmaaoooo This reset is SICK! I pulled it on ranked today, After the Barrel roll, I did his 321 NJP combo into a Enhanced super slow ball mix up, reptile can now just have constand pressure on the fools. Amazing.

Don't know if I'm following up the 'reset' correctly, but I don't play online much, but when I attempt it on Expert AI after F3 1+2, I try to go for a grab or a 321 Acid hand, the AI always seems to hit me before I can grab or I'm a bit out of reach for the grab. Am I doing something wrong or not getting something?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This doesn't seem to be very practical for Reptile, it's fun to use and mix it up with but not really worth all this fuss.

reptile's forward dash is so shitty that he really cant do much of anything with the adv on the 1+2 besides d1/d4, you get zero pressure. if you back dash/jump back reptile has to put his entire bar on the line to try to punish you for it.

CitizenSnips

Fuck, now reptar is gonna be even more annoying -_-
I really don't think it's going to be used often. I've done it a couple times but there's nothing that really makes it that great. Chances are the Reptile won't even pull it off since the opponent dictates whether they get the reset or if they want to take the damage

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I really don't think it's going to be used often. I've done it a couple times but there's nothing that really makes it that great. Chances are the Reptile won't even pull it off since the opponent dictates whether they get the reset or if they want to take the damage
True, but in the hands of a high level player like chris G, jeezuz christo id shit my ass LOL

He has ridiculous pressure already plus this especially in the corner? DAMN

CitizenSnips

True, but in the hands of a high level player like chris G, jeezuz christo id shit my ass LOL

He has ridiculous pressure already plus this especially in the corner? DAMN
Well like I said it almost completely relies on what the opponent decides to do. If you just sit there and take the damage it won't be much different from ending with 3, 2, 1 then slow ball for pressure. If they choose to block for whatever reason, then yes in the corner they might get stuck there but I don't know why someone would want to do that. This reset is nothing on the level of Cage or Cyrax, it's more of an option rather than something you will really be focusing on.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The opponent can croutch block instead of stand and then uppercut. It will still prevent the wake up attack though.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Well, think of it this way.

On hit you deal 42% which is our highest BnB without meter.

On block you can always do cr.4 xx Green Hand and get 35 + 5% guaranteed chip plus the meter for three blocked hits and a special move.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ya, Now that I really see what you mean I have used this before but not much. It only does the reset if the opponent blocks. F3 is one of Reptiles best pokes. Even if you wiff the attack 1+2 will not come out which is excellent because you don't get punished.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
reptile's forward dash is so shitty that he really cant do much of anything with the adv on the 1+2 besides d1/d4, you get zero pressure. if you back dash/jump back reptile has to put his entire bar on the line to try to punish you for it.
:d:bk into Acid Hand or :en Acid hand is a good enough reason for me to use the ''reset''.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

I mainly use the F3-1+2. The reason is simple. F3 is a 15 frame attack, which is faster than most sweeps in the game and if the f3 is blocked the 1+2 will not come out. Because the 1+2 does not come out on block or wiff it makes it very difficult to punish this unless that character has a fast advancing special.