What's new

New MKX TIER LIST Presented by Team YOMI! (12/03/15)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Denzell thinks Tremor loses one match up at the highest level, maybe two. He thinks Tremor can hold his own against almost any character in the game.
ah right fair enough if its from his mouth so, thanks for the reply.
what are the (maybe) two he thinks? df liu i think is his worst for me, maybe jax too.

agree he can hold his own vs near any char though

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Jacqui and F/T higher than Cage and Jax? Nerfed Predator is top 3, but D`vorah is in A? Tempest is not top 1 but Hollywood? U better explain yourselves! :D

All characters are placed in ALPHABETICAL ORDER within a tier group.
Oh, im sry, now i get it.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
tremor better than jax ??? dunnoooooooo man...
erron black & kitana same group as Kano... duunnnoooo mannn

im going back to the $1000 mm thread. might be safer there as this progresses. lol
IMO tremor crystalline is top 5 db1 to make stuff safe armor setups plus rock drop setups i think that can beat jax can't it?

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Goro gets beat by all of S tier except Cassie and Tremor (he actually does really well against Tremor imo) so I get the low placement. Still think he belongs above Kenshi though. B+ tier would help.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Goro gets beat by all of S tier except Cassie and Tremor (he actually does really well against Tremor imo) so I get the low placement. Still think he belongs above Kenshi though. B+ tier would help.
Really? Can you tell me what beats him?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
A lot of people in this thread are kidding themselves - let's not pretend that the reason this list looks so balanced isn't because it assumes that you're using the character's best variation. If this was a variation tier-list it'd look very different.

But for a character tier-list it seems pretty good, though you can't really have 17 characters in one tier without some kind of ordering lol. It assumes that Ferra/Torr and D'Vorah are equally as good as each other.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
safe tier list is safe. Needs more than lumping half the cast in one tier.
A tier needs a tier list, IMO.

Online Ermac is A tier, too.

haketh

Noob
Only thing I think should change is maybe Lui & Tremor switching *I would still have Tremor like A Plus* & I honestly think Goro is like on the upper mid side of A Tier personally. Playing Dragons Fang more I don't think Kung Lao is a bad MU against any of Lao's variations.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Not sure how Jacqui is placed that high. She's definitely one of the most improved characters, but her t-rex limbs keep her from using her frame traps and her wakeups are more of a liability than a benefit. She also gets outzoned by charactets with better limbs and wakeups, making her essentially a worse version of those characters.

She also suffers from "scrub syndrome", in that as soon as you pick her, the scrubs start crying "spammer!".

Last edited:
Does this only account for how many winning matchups a character has, or also by how much a matchup is won by? For example, if there's a character goes 5-5 with all the cast, and a character who goes 6-4 with half the cast but 4-6 with the other half, are they in the same tier, or does the 6-4 one place higher because it has more winning matchups?

Kano's upper mid tier? Uh, not seeing it. Kitana is placed relatively high (how did that come to be?) I thought the general consensus was that she was more on the lower side of the mid tier?

This crap is so inaccurate they play amongst themselves so why bother even listen to these people (no disrespect to them) . If they don't play with other people besides their self then_______________
Lue Kane is S tier
Cassie Cage is A tier. I am not commenting on the rest.

Remember these are the same people that said Lue Kane is top 16. I leave it at that.

ive missed you so much

Also, where's the A+, S+ and things like that? It's much harder to distinguish who's lower mid tier or superbly the best in the game (for me at least).

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I know this is in alphabetical order within lists, but you really should separate A tier into + and -, since that seems to be throwing people off

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
@1man3letters
@Superman Rz
@HoneyBee
@Qwark28

Denzell thinks Tremor loses one match up at the highest level, maybe two. He thinks Tremor can hold his own against almost any character in the game.

Because all the characters in A tier are extremely good in their own way and saying one or a select few of them are better than the rest of their tier is a pretty bold statement for this game, IMO.

Like some others have said, MKX is shaping up to be the most balanced NRS game to date. There's a LOT of really good characters.

Jacqui is really good across all of her variations. Ferra / Torr and Kotal Kahn are probably the best designed characters in the game with how great all three of their variations can be.

As far as why Goro is placed so low it's only because of the losing match ups we had down for him which are: Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Predator, Tanya, Kano, etc. I'm sure some of the well established Goro players can chime in on this segment. @Decay @Espio @Mortal Komhat @Alright RyRy
@ARMOR