What's new

New MKX TIER LIST Presented by Team YOMI! (12/03/15)

Jack Ashe

Jaded
Lol, you've explained nothing, i said her wakeups are good explained why and got nothing in reply, i said you could tele back on wakeup and do her air normals to punish any attempt to punish tele, which she can.

You're just talking out your ass now. I'm done.
Let me explain why that's shit tech.. i can punish(or at least check) all of her options on recovery and on hit, so i have no reason to run up and do anything while you are in the air.

Wigy

There it is...
Let me explain why that's shit tech.. i can punish(or at least check) all of her options on recovery and on hit, so i have no reason to run up and do anything while you are in the air.
Theres an explanation. You can still use it to bait out people being overly aggressive on wakeup, the worst you get when they start respecting it is probably getting a blockstring or maybe a tight punish if the character has a fast advancing move. It is situational and based on read and i've said time and time again, not fullproof but as i said originally, its one of the only usable non ex moves aside from slides and cassies and laos 6f wakeups.

Not sure if it was you or the other salty salty boy who was saying her wakeups were shit; but lol, thats like saying jc's frame traps are shit.

Jack Ashe

Jaded
Theres an explanation. You can still use it to bait out people being overly aggressive on wakeup, the worst you get when they start respecting it is probably getting a blockstring or maybe a tight punish if the character has a fast advancing move. It is situational and based on read and i've said time and time again, not fullproof but as i said originally, its one of the only usable non ex moves aside from slides and cassies and laos 6f wakeups.

Not sure if it was you or the other salty salty boy who was saying her wakeups were shit; but lol, thats like saying jc's frame traps are shit.
You are the only person who would argue that but whatever. nether of use where saying her wake ups where shit! we where saying that 50/50 part of them isn't at all a thing.

Wigy

There it is...
You are the only person who would argue that but whatever. nether of use where saying her wake ups where shit! we where saying that 50/50 part of them isn't at all a thing.
I can't be assed finding quote but the other dude said something along the lines of 'outside ex tonfa which requires meter all her wakeups can be bated and are ass'..

You can't say the 50/50 factor doesn't matter. If they are sitting baiting a wakeup outside tonfa range and u decided to wakeup, you have a 50% higher chance to get out of that wakeup situation than you would without it. Not to mention they overhead has great range the low has good range so stops characters laying down a meaty projectile in some situations.

Jack Ashe

Jaded
I can't be assed finding quote but the other dude said something along the lines of 'outside ex tonfa which requires meter all her wakeups can be bated and are ass'..

You can't say the 50/50 factor doesn't matter. If they are sitting baiting a wakeup outside tonfa range and u decided to wakeup, you have a 50% higher chance to get out of that wakeup situation than you would without it. Not to mention they overhead has great range the low has good range so stops characters laying down a meaty projectile in some situations.
You can jump back or njp and punish all of her wake up options

Wigy

There it is...
You can jump back or njp and punish all of her wake up options
Ex tele surely catches jump backs no?

Raiden you can low unblock everything except electric fly.

Johnny u can low unblock spaced properly EVERYTHING.

Tremor d'vora predator u can armour break everything

Her options are still better than most of the cast.

Now whos arguing a stupid point?

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Lol, you've explained nothing, i said her wakeups are good explained why and got nothing in reply, i said you could tele back on wakeup and do her air normals to punish any attempt to punish tele, which she can.

You're just talking out your ass now. I'm done.
your stupidity and inaccuracy gives me a head ache

Jack Ashe

Jaded
Ex tele surely catches jump backs no?

Raiden you can low unblock everything except electric fly.

Johnny u can low unblock spaced properly EVERYTHING.

Tremor d'vora predator u can armour break everything

Her options are still better than most of the cast.

Now whos arguing a stupid point?
Tele doesn't have armor and on njp it won't hit you, like i said no one is arguing that her armor is bad just the 50/50 isn't at all a problem.

Wigy

There it is...
Tele doesn't have armor and on njp it won't hit you, like i said no one is arguing that her armor is bad just the 50/50 isn't at all a problem.
I dont get how you can say her armoured 50/50 which can lead to a combo is not adding to an arsenal on wakeup. You can njp it as you said, but if she doesn't wakeup you will probably eat an uppercut etc

So your options are beat out all her wakeups and risk being antiaired on the njp or loosing all your momentum by jumping back or block and bait wakeups where she will either be safe or have a 50/50 chance of hitting you, one for a full combo. Is that wrong?

Sounds better than most of the cast at least you have options as tanya, some of which lead to some decent damage.

Jack Ashe

Jaded
I dont get how you can say her armoured 50/50 which can lead to a combo is not adding to an arsenal on wakeup. You can njp it as you said, but if she doesn't wakeup you will probably eat an uppercut etc

So your options are beat out all her wakeups and risk being antiaired on the njp or loosing all your momentum by jumping back or block and bait wakeups where she will either be safe or have a 50/50 chance of hitting you, one for a full combo. Is that wrong?

Sounds better than most of the cast at least you have options as tanya, some of which lead to some decent damage.
The low you can get around 26% and end with a hard knockdown that +4 so you can't oki vary well, her OH is 16% that ends 0 so you can't oki at all. i think her wake up game is solid and it's mainly what keeps her alive but i don't think it's "Stupid" or "Broken" at all.

Jack Ashe

Jaded

But people are acting as if you have no options against it

Wigy

There it is...
The low you can get around 26% and end with a hard knockdown that +4 so you can't oki vary well, her OH is 16% that ends 0 so you can't oki at all. i think her wake up game is solid and it's mainly what keeps her alive but i don't think it's "Stupid" or "Broken" at all.
Never said it was.

I was just addressing racoon or whatever his name is and his salty downplaying.

Jack Ashe

Jaded
Never said it was.

I was just addressing racoon or whatever his name is and his salty downplaying.
There's no downplaying here lol, where saying she isn't S tier or top 5 and we had people yelling at use about stuff that doesn't actually work.

Wigy

There it is...
LOL girl what? First of all Tanya is not necessarily bad but she is definitely not S tier and anyone who says so is too stubborn to press training mode and see the 1 trillion options you have against her OK let me explain how Tanya has no options her 50/50 wake ups are unsafe and full combo punishable and high risk low reward so anyone using that needs to reevaluate their gaming career. Her mb tonfa swipe like any wakeuo can be baited and if she does two swipes she's -4 and if she goes for a 3rd she creates an armorable hole and a back dash opportunity. Tonfa swipes on hit you can back dash out of mb tonfa toss can be low profiled almost always and even if u don't low profile it you can back dash after it returns. Her "pressure" is not existent cause you can poke or armor or dash out of her teleport cancels. Her delayed tinfa swipes have huge holes in them and sometime delaying them slightly gives it a hole which u can armor out of or back dash out of and get a whiff punish. and even if u don't delay and mb burn the last part of tonfa swipe it sometimes can be low profiled And lord knows the bitch can't anti air for shit besides down 2 which is very inconsistent. Her only true option is to threaten a mb tonfa swipe and even then if blocked she can't do much with it. But I bet no one knew any of that cause everyone is in the delusion that she's impossible to beat
You're right about the tonfa pressure, though it still works well on characters who don't have a decent poke or backdash. The rest is the saltiest downplaying i've seen in months. LOL. I'm done now. Feel free to get the last word in but im bored.

ArmageddonUMK

LongJohnCena
I'd love to see a tier list with individual variations. Of course it'd be an absolute nightmare to make, but if anyone could do it, itd be yomi

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Predator is Deff not S tier and no not in my opinion -FACT.

Predictor can't do anything against characters like jax, Kung Lao, Lui kang, reptile, the list goes on.

As soon as half the cast get in on pred he can't even wake up cuz it'll get beat- so he's S tier because of his zoning ability?

Lui kang needs to be S tier.
Tremor is just outside it.
And ermac needs to go up I think.

I stand by my argument that Cassie is over-hyped.
I am one of the original true Cassie believers in how good she was since day 1. Only recently have I knocked Cassie out of the top 5. @Slips may be right again. Here is what I am thinking now. "Has Slips ever been wrong?"

Y'all are sleeping on goro breh... Safe, 2 hits or armor, launching, that you could also meter burn to launch, special...set ups to guarantee a free stomp..excellent pokes..good damage output..good armor breaking with that kick..and he has a mix up game going nothing crazy but he has mix ups as well..
When I looked into Goro after his buffs I thought he was really, really good to the point of up-playing him. I still think he is really good, but maybe I was just playing against too much Summoner Quan Chi and got frustrated and went back to my first love Jason. Maybe he doesn't have as many bad MUs as we think... maybe.

Is it weird that she looks super hot here? Or am I just adding in her personality here and getting a skewed number?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I am one of the original true Cassie believers in how good she was since day 1. Only recently have I knocked Cassie out of the top 5. @Slips may be right again. Here is what I am thinking now. "Has Slips ever been wrong?"

When I looked into Goro after his buffs I thought he was really, really good to the point of up-playing him. I still think he is really good, but maybe I was just playing against too much Summoner Quan Chi and got frustrated and went back to my first love Jason. Maybe he doesn't have as many bad MUs as we think... maybe.

Is it weird that she looks super hot here? Or am I just adding in her personality here and getting a skewed number?
She's alwaysssssssssss hot

Please......this is a genuine question. Could someone please tell me Predator is "S-tier"...i hear a lot saying his" wake-ups" are quite bad and such. So why would "Yomi" put him in S-tier. If any Yomi player or anyone else could explain it to me please. Thank you.