What's new

New MK leak sounds believable

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
if these rumours are fake NRS or WB should inform the fans.. otherwise Everyone gonna make videos like "" ooo dissappointing, where is Havik? , What happened to Fujin? No Kombat Pack 2 trailer... and Spawn, Shang Tsung announcer voice, Scorpion's revenge all the Real good things gonna be ruined by them.

KCJ506

Noob
this is like the third time they scarpped her, they have been pretty much toying with Sareena fans since MK9.

Besides, Sareena is just as any Quan Chi assassin's, she is far more relevant when her trio is complete rather than soloing the MK universe.
Hell the only time she's ever been playable was in MKA. And that game didn't even have individual fatalities for the characters. I think she was also planned to be playable in MK4. Which would have made sense as that also had Quan Chi, Shinnok and Fujin all whom also appeared in Sub-Zero Mythologies

As I wrote in reddit, I think this is fake.

I mean, think about it.

They will announce the existence of a 2nd kombat pack before the first one is actually done?

Has any dev ever done that in the past?
Didn't Injustice 2 announce there was gonna be three character packs at the same time?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
this leak seems plausible and realistic, I'll consider this one as beliavable , due :

I believe KP2 will be this, the 3 already leaked, plus Havik, because he (Havik) is mentioned in some MK11 ladders ending; and NRS had take off his assistance moves in ToT, what means he is 100% to be as DLC, hehe :cool:

MK 1-3 HD remaster already has leaked in some store online site, so, it's accurate then

Sareena probably will be 100% in MK12; on account of this : in MK 9, Tanya almost did as part of final roster, being out at last minute; she was in the next game, MKX ..... Skarlet almost did it and was in MKX; next, she is in MK11 .... so, if Sareena was considered for MK11, she is safe bet for MK12. :rolleyes:

Regarding the Injustice 3, ok, that's is expected, no surprise. ;)

About this new crazy WWE game ? seems pure crap bullshit, lol ! I dunno if NRS fanbase will spend time and money in this , hehe :p

KCJ506

Noob
If my leak was right, KP2 should be: Fujin, Sheeva, Cyborgs, and Ash.

I think Reiko and Sareena got scrapped but I'm not too sure of their inclusions.
Sektor and Cyrax both have assists in the character towers, so I doubt they'll be playable. Which is why I also now think Reiko won't be playable.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
if these rumours are fake NRS or WB should inform the fans.. otherwise Everyone gonna make videos like "" ooo dissappointing, where is Havik? , What happened to Fujin? No Kombat Pack 2 trailer... and Spawn, Shang Tsung announcer voice, Scorpion's revenge all the Real good things gonna be ruined by them.
Why is NRS responsible for checking fans' self-fabricated expectations from "leaks" that have 0 solid basis for being real? The fuck?

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Why is NRS responsible for checking fans' self-fabricated expectations from "leaks" that have 0 solid basis for being real? The fuck?
There is a department called community management. And the community Blows their mind with the leaks or rumours more than officialy confirmed contents.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
If wrestling rumor is true then NRS can go fuck themselves. Also I3 rumor is pure bs cause I remember them saying that they’ll take a big break after MK11.
if they are going to release KP2 like the first one then I pity them as game developers cause they have no clue how to support a game.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
A wrestling game could be...something...

Hopefully, the WWE game is false. I'd rather see NRS work on other games like a Marvel fighting game or an adventure game of sorts with some of the mechanics used in the Krypt, but obviously expanded etc. Just keep the WWE games mobile cause who really cares?

But at least we're getting an Injustice before that happens. All I want is one more solid Injustice game, without the shitty loot system and then I'm good for NRS to do whatever it is they wanna do. "Injustass" ya mothers. Haters. I haven't been working on an Injustice 3 wishlist for months just for y'all to ruin the dream. :rolleyes:

MK11 for next-gen consoles sounds dope. I'm already planning on buying the XSX. As long as my gear and skins carries over then I'm solid. However, I wonder if you'd have to buy a new disc altogether, or if they'll be an update or something like that. Cause we already know Xbox One games will still be playable on XSX cause of backwards compatibility etc.

Anyway we'll find out if this is fake soon enough. Final Kombat isn't too far away and at least some of our questions will be answered.

Let's say a prayer for Mileena, Rain, and Sareena and fuck WB cause I know they're trashy booty cheeks and probably the reason MK11 isn't getting the content it deserves. We deserve a full roster and more content for DLC characters.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
There is a department called community management. And the community Blows their mind with the leaks or rumours more than officialy confirmed contents.
I dont think you understand that NRS is not obligated to respond to leaks / rumors and it is, in fact, in their best interest NOT to respond. Any official response will be problematic as it'll spoil what future content is or will not be. That entirely kills hype if said it isnt true or completely undermines the marketing plan if said it is true. Both are negative outcomes so again, NRS shouldnt respond.

Whatever the community does to whip themselves into a hype fury from "leaks" or rumors is entirely the community's fault as it isnt official news from the source.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Fujin is already konfirmed in my mind. I suppose Cyrax and Sektor are coming too, since there wouldn't be NPCs this time.

Sheeva is alright, I'm not really a fan. Havik is cool, but Hotaru will be missed.

I think WB cancelling stuff for the game (extra story mode chapters, new Krypt areas) is absolutely true.

edit:

Injustice 3!

If that last parts true about those who work for NRS wishing me wasn't as successful are dumb, would they rather have some deadend job? Lol I swear some people are ungrateful. How many of us would kill to work for NRS or on an mk game...yeah I heard they work you hard but isn't that like every job? I used to work for target then quit due to the stress and changes and my friends work for Amazon who say pays good but they abuse the shit out of you.

But anyway, could be true the fact that this is posted on game faqs makes me skeptical to be honest but the wrestlers vs alien people etc sounds a bit farfetched. I think I'll believe that one when I see it.

The dlc could be true with ash, but I hope havik is true. Fujin is the only one 100% in due the audio leaks. At least that much is true.

I pray the mk 1-3 had remake is true because no way in hell I'm playing mk 11 for another 5 years. I really hope their new iP isn't some lame wrestling game.
Don't want to derail this thread to dive into a discussion about the challenges of corporate software culture, but as someone who has worked for a FAANG company as a software developer for almost 6 years, working for a good team can make you feel really grateful, but working for a slave driving team completely takes the money and "cool" factor of the job out of the equation. I've worked for both types of teams. Until you've worked in an environment where you have been grinding out 12+ hour days and weekends in order to deliver a high-visibility product that directly impacts customers, it's very hard to understand how it feels to just not care anymore about the money you're making or the cool stuff you're building. It's just all about the minute-to-minute stress you're experiencing and how that defines and consumes what your life is. (To be clear, I'm not making a blanket statement about whether the big-ass FAANG company I work for is a good or bad place to work. It's just like any other software company that has good teams and bad teams to work for, I'm just drawing a parallel between a bad team and what is being described about working for the NRS MK team.)

I completely get the standpoint that there are people who are in a different/worse type of awful situation (can't pay their bills at all, or are working the same amount as what I described but are still not making good money), but it isn't as simple as being grateful or not grateful. Even high-income earners on neat projects are bound by the limitations of sanity and human psychology. They don't have to worry about money or how other people feel about their job, but that's just two stressors that they don't have to worry about in the short term. They still worry about losing their job for not working hard enough, disappointing millions of people who are using the thing they're sacrificing their sanity to build, dissolution of their families because they're never around, health concerns associated with the stress and long working hours, etc.

To un-derail this, the only way I think this is leak real is when all of that stuff gets confirmed during Final Kombat. It sounds like a grounded, realistic assessment of what could be going on behind the scenes, but anyone with familiarity about what it's like to work for a software company in the gaming industry could have written something like that.

Xelz

Go over there!
If this leak is real - and that's a humongous if - a few points don't bode well:

• NRS doubling down on Towers of Time. It's MK11's worst game mode, and the only improvements they made to it was to tone down the random BS. But they haven't found a way to make the mode fun and addictive. It's just a dull grind to get gear that's difficult to obtain in any other mode. Anyone who may have continued to play MK11 primarily for ToT has likely long since abandoned the game
  • The lack of long-term investment in MK11 if a WWE game will really be the next game after I3 (specifically 4 more characters in KP2 rather than 6, no krypt expansions, etc.). I assume the quote "MK won't be back for 5-6 years" basically implies a launch 2yrs after the WWE game per NRS' standard release schedule, which means a 4yr hiatus for the MK franchise after I3 launches and takes over the NRS tournament scene. If this is true, it makes sense why NRS wanted MK11 to have a longer-term future, but it sounds like reality sunk in and that vision faded
  • The suggestion that some NRS upper managers resent MK's success and don't want to work on another Injustice game; basically implying that NRS wants to move on from their two core franchises. Which in a way isn't hard to believe - plenty of studios openly admit they want to work on different material rather than iterate the same content over and over again, and Boon mentioned in a MK11 pre-launch interview that NRS would like to work on something new. That attitude has led to some successes (Uncharted, Horizon: Zero Dawn, the first Dragon Age) but also disasters (Anthem, Fallout 76). So NRS may be entering refreshing yet risky territory. More disheartening, however, is that it suggests NRS' heart really isn't into MK or Injustice anymore, and you can't help but see that attitude manifest in MK11, such as retreading Towers/Multiverse concepts, lack of innovation in multiplayer modes, dull/uninspired move sets for many characters, etc. Their passion for MK does seem to be waning, whether this leak is true or not
Edit: Typos

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
NRS WWE game? I can't believe that at all. That sounds like total BS to me.