What's new

New MK leak sounds believable

Gamer68

Fujin!
There was some stuff left out of the GameFAQs summary, so here's all the key points I could find (also saves a click):
  • Leaker claims they were apart of NRS QA.
  • At Final Kombat they will announce Cary Tagawa's Shang Tsung as an announcer for MK11, the MK Remastered Kollection game that was leaked before (with "amazing netcode"), and KP2 along with what has already been confirmed to be there. KP2 reveal will be at the end of Spawn's trailer and will be a name reveal. Sounds similar to the KP1 reveal in Shang's trailer.
  • KP2 is a four character pack including Fujin, Sheeva, Ash Williams, and Havik (also apparently releasing in that order?).
  • Two stages are coming, which are Soul Chamber and Deadpool as previously leaked.
  • Fujin has wind traps, a flying knee special, and looks like he's from Injustice. Says he has the cape from MK Mythologies.
  • Sheeva has a more "brutal" punchwalk and tele-stomp. Same look as in the story.
  • Ash Williams can use the Necronomicon to summon demons and uses a fair amount of Leatherface's animations for MKX. Has both Bruce Campbell's likeliness and voice.
  • Havik is the last character getting released and the furthest behind in development. Doesn't have gameplay details but it seems his design is finished and the leaker says he will have more armor and less cloth. His body is also missing chucks of flesh in multiple places instead of just his face.
  • MK Mobile is getting more exclusive characters; Stryker, Rain, Onaga, and Kronika. All MK11 characters will be added as well.
  • MK11 will have a next-gen port which includes both KP1 and KP2.
  • Says Mileena, Shinnok, Takeda, Sareena, Reiko, Rain and Chameleon were all considered at one point as being either base-game or DLC characters, but in the end they were all scrapped.
  • Story was going to get an expansion of same kind but WB didn't want to fund it (seems they want to fund new projects because of what is said below).
  • Krypt was going to have an expansion that added the Living Forest, but that was scrapped as well. It was going to include stuff for the DLC characters but got scrapped so they could push "Living Towers" more (I'm guessing they meant Towers of Time).
  • Injustice 3 is already in development and seems to be the next game.
  • After that they will release a new IP focused around WWE superstars. Dwayne Johnson, John Cena, and others are in the game. Some characters get possessed by alien beings who want to take over the world, so the wrestlers have to step in and save the world. Apparently it's a "dream game" for the upper staff and NRS. Sounds similar to that one mobile game they came out with years ago -- WWE Immortals.
  • Says the upper staff sucks at NRS and made life hell for employees, especially temp works who they blamed for the original MK11 leaks. Says they would steal ideas for said temp workers and wouldn't really pay them. Claims there was a lot of homophobia. After the news broke about NRS' "studio culture" a while back all of the upper staff became scared but they still treat the workers like shit while saying it's "acceptable work efforts". Says there are a lot of two-faced people at NRS (I guess people who pretend to be nice in public but are shitty behind closed doors?), but "Ed is nice though for what its worth"
Personally I think it's BS because a lot of this stuff has already leaked and other things seem like safe bets. Havik is the only character that wasn't in the DLC line-up that's already been leaked, but we know NRS devs like him, he showed up in Joker's ending, and that one leak for WAY back (the one that leaked story details) got all of the DLC characters right but also claimed that Sareena, Reiko, and Havik were being considered. Other details like the cancelled characters and expansions don't really matter because we'll never know anyway. We also already know about NRS' work conditions for the reports a while back, and this seems to piggyback off of it especially since the leaker specifically brought it up. Injustice 3 is a safe bet and we've already known since before MK11 came out that NRS wants to make a new game. Making a game about WWE superstars is the safest bet for a new IP project since we know that they were able to get Ronda Rousey with no problem and they already have a mobile game that seems very similar to the project.

Too safe, too obvious.

But I guess we'll find out if it's true at Final Kombat. If they announce everything they claimed will be there then I guess we'll know it's real.

If it is real, though, I've got to say the WWE game sounds fucking awful and is not at all want I wanted from NRS. Also sounds like MK11 won't be support for as long as they were implying, which would also been really disappointing.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
There was some stuff left out of the GameFAQs summary, so here's all the key points I could find (also saves a click):
  • Leaker claims they were apart of NRS QA.
  • At Final Kombat they will announce Cary Tagawa's Shang Tsung as an announcer for MK11, the MK Collection Remaster game (with "amazing netcode"), and KP2 along with what has already been confirmed to be there. KP2 reveal will be at the end of Spawn's trailer and will be a name reveal. Sounds similar to the KP1 reveal in Shang's trailer.
  • KP2 is a four character pack including Fujin, Sheeva, Ash Williams, and Havik (also apparently releasing in that order?).
  • Two stages are coming, which are Soul Chamber and Deadpool as previously leaked.
  • Fujin has wind traps, a flying knee special, and looks like he's from Injustice. Says he has the cape from MK Mythologies.
  • Sheeva has a more "brutal" punchwalk and tele-stomp. Same look as in the story.
  • Ash Williams can use the Necronomicon to summon demons and uses a fair amount of Leatherface's animations for MKX. Has both Bruce Campbell's likeliness and voice.
  • Havik is the last character getting released and the furthest behind in development. Doesn't have gameplay details but it seems his design is finished and the leaker says he will have more armor and less cloth. His body is also missing chucks of flesh in multiple places instead of just his face.
  • MK Mobile is getting more exclusive characters; Stryker, Rain, Onaga, and Kronika. All MK11 characters will be added as well.
  • MK11 will have a next-gen port which includes both KP1 and KP2.
  • Says Mileena, Shinnok, Takeda, Sareena, Reiko, Rain and Chameleon were all considered at one point as being either base-game or DLC characters, but in the end they were all scrapped.
  • Story was going to get an expansion of same kind but WB didn't want to fund it (seems they want to fund new projects because of what is said below).
  • Krypt was going to have an expansion that added the Living Forest, but that was scrapped as well. It was going to include stuff for the DLC characters but got scrapped so they could push "Living Towers" more (I'm guessing they meant Towers of Time).
  • Injustice 3 is already in development and seems to be the next game.
  • After that they will release a new IP focused around WWE superstars. Dwayne Johnson, John Cena, and others are in the game. Some characters get possessed by alien beings who want to take over the world, so the wrestlers have to step in and save the world. Apparently it's a "dream game" for the upper staff and NRS. Sounds similar to that one mobile game they came out with years ago -- WWE Immortals.
  • Says the upper staff sucks at NRS and made life hell for employees, especially temp works who they blamed for the original MK11 leaks. Says they would steal ideas for said temp workers and wouldn't really pay them. Claims there was a lot of homophobia. After the news broke about NRS' "studio culture" a while back all of the upper staff became scared but they still treat the workers like shit while saying it's "acceptable work efforts". Says there are a lot of two-faced people at NRS (I guess people who pretend to be nice in public but are shitty behind closed doors?), but "Ed is nice though for what its worth"
Personally I think it's BS because a lot of this stuff has already leaked and other things seem like safe bets. Havik is the only character that wasn't in the DLC line-up that's already been leaked, but we know NRS devs like him, he showed up in Joker's ending, and that one leak for WAY back (the one that leaked story details) got all of the DLC characters right but also claimed that Sareena, Reiko, and Havik were being considered. Other details like the cancelled characters and expansions don't really matter because we'll never know anyway. We also already know about NRS' work conditions for the reports a while back, and this seems to piggyback off of it especially since the leaker specifically brought it up. Injustice 3 is a safe bet and we've already known since before MK11 came out that NRS wants to make a new game. Making a game about WWE superstars is the safest bet for a new IP project since we know that they were able to get Ronda Rousey with no problem and they already have a mobile game that seems very similar to the project.

Too safe, too obvious.

But I guess we'll find out if it's true at Final Kombat. If they announce everything they claimed will be there then I guess we'll know it's real.

If it is real, though, I've got to say the WWE game sounds fucking awful and is not at all want I wanted from NRS. Also sounds like MK11 won't be support for as long as they were implying, which would also been really disappointing.
You got me at MK Collection remaster. Fake though, they forgot to write it with "K":DOGE

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If Ash plays like Leatherface, I'll end up maining him just to have back the comfort zone.

I cannot wait to see what Havik and the new stages look like. Also VERY curious about everyone coming to the mobile game; I don't intend on ever playing it, but Onaga? The Dragon King? Yes, I would like to see what he looks like now.

I hope the WWE fighting game is great.
That excites me immensely.
Give me anyone from ECW, and I'm good.
The Sandman Cane Combos alone would make it 100% worth the effort.

KCJ506

Noob
I'm not saying that it's real or fake, but Ash, Sheeva and Fujin were datamined and had leaked intro dialogue(just like all the KP1 characters) and I thought Havik would be likely as he initially had an assist, but it got removed pretty early.

Art Lean

Noob
Won't make any assumptions, but at least this gives me some hope for a Shang Tsung announcer pack.

They got Cary in to the studio to replay a role from 25 years ago in a movie that is still considered one of the best video game movies of all time, that he replayed in Legacy, that he narrated for the Krypt... and at no point did they think "hey lets get him to record every character's name alongside the lines 'flawless victory' and 'fatality' " it's so damningly obvious a decision to make, that it's baffling that it doesn't exist already.

I use Kronika as my announcer since it's so fresh to her a female announcer, but hot-damn, if there was a Shang Tsung movie announcer pack, I'd happily spend good money on that and never look back!!!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If that last parts true about those who work for NRS wishing me wasn't as successful are dumb, would they rather have some deadend job? Lol I swear some people are ungrateful. How many of us would kill to work for NRS or on an mk game...yeah I heard they work you hard but isn't that like every job? I used to work for target then quit due to the stress and changes and my friends work for Amazon who say pays good but they abuse the shit out of you.

But anyway, could be true the fact that this is posted on game faqs makes me skeptical to be honest but the wrestlers vs alien people etc sounds a bit farfetched. I think I'll believe that one when I see it.

The dlc could be true with ash, but I hope havik is true. Fujin is the only one 100% in due the audio leaks. At least that much is true.

I pray the mk 1-3 had remake is true because no way in hell I'm playing mk 11 for another 5 years. I really hope their new iP isn't some lame wrestling game.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Considering they did Alien vs Predator in MKX, I've been low-key hoping they would do a Robocop vs Terminator for MK11. I knew it was a slim chance, but damn, Robocop would have been such a good fit in this game (1987 version, not that 2014 "Ro-bro-cop" nonsense). Oh well, here's hoping Spawn, Sheeva, and Ash are fun.

Both this leak as well as the other recent one claiming we’d also get Michael Myers, Sareena, Quan Chi, Cyrax Sektor and Takeda orginated at 4chan

Won't make any assumptions, but at least this gives me some hope for a Shang Tsung announcer pack.

They got Cary in to the studio to replay a role from 25 years ago in a movie that is still considered one of the best video game movies of all time, that he replayed in Legacy, that he narrated for the Krypt... and at no point did they think "hey lets get him to record every character's name alongside the lines 'flawless victory' and 'fatality' " it's so damningly obvious a decision to make, that it's baffling that it doesn't exist already.
This.

The leak seems legit. We know that Sheeva and Fujin are there, and ash williams too....the question mark was related to the next one, and in my head there were two possibilities: Sareena or Havik. They confirmed Havik....so...I think this is it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Considering they did Alien vs Predator in MKX, I've been low-key hoping they would do a Robocop vs Terminator for MK11. I knew it was a slim chance, but damn, Robocop would have been such a good fit in this game (1987 version, not that 2014 "Ro-bro-cop" nonsense). Oh well, here's hoping Spawn, Sheeva, and Ash are fun.
I've never seen the 2014 version is it any good?lol

They have Dwayne Johnson and John Cena, as well as a bunch of others, in talks right now. They will be fighting each other, some possessed by alien beings, who want to take over the planet and the wrestlers have to step up to save us.
This sounds as amazing as it is super fucking fake.

Irregardless, someone please make this game. Please.

Vagrant

Noob
Please god no. Omfg.