What's new

Tech - Cyrax New hard to blockable into hard to blockable

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I didn't "shit over" your post. I'm just not into it. I've never said anything rude or disrespectful to you, and I don't have any reason to. If you don't like how I respond to your posts, STOP TAGGING ME. If you want to use and share your tech, you have every right to so. You don't need anyone's approval or permission. Maybe your post will help someone who isn't me. I hope it does!
The tag was in the post i quoted, it wasn't intentional.

Whether it be your intention, your choice of words are the direct opposite of supportive. They come across quite negative and its disheartening.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

Hope this is useful. more to come :D
VERY nice stuff man. I've had an opponent realise that a really good response to the set-up is just doing NOTHING (not even blocking) and B3D4 only gives you that tiny damage, and if I go for B12+4, it costs a bar to combo and is very high execution to make that happen. I needed to get around to labbing out an option that covers this option, but you've saved me the time and uppercut covers so much more and gets favorable trades even if they armor! I'm going to lab out a way to combo it into another double bomb set-up tho. BTW please dont stop posting videos man your videos are great and delivered very well

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
If you're interpreting language that way, it has nothing to do with me. I didn't use any negative and/or disheartening words. I quite literally said "do your thang." I support you doing whatever you do. Keep on posting.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
I'm going to lab out a way to combo it into another double bomb set-up tho.
I'm not on my PC atm to lab out a way to combo it into another double bomb set-up but I think that you can do this:

D2 (Cyrax's opponent will fall onto a bomb) - long air bomb - F4,3 - long air bomb - 1,1,1 - short air bomb - walk backward a tiny - 2,1 - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup

God Confirm

BTW guys, new corner tech here

double bomb set-up off meterless Net starter (F13, 111, 50/50, etc). Does a little more damage then the current BnB.

Execution isn't easy but is easier than some things like B3D4 HTB loops. There's a trick to it, hold backwards after F43 before doing the NjP, but not for so long that you can visually see it. Once you get this, the first bomb will launch everytime.

20%?! Well... that's a very good trade :D
and they lose a bar!

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
VERY nice stuff man. I've had an opponent realise that a really good response to the set-up is just doing NOTHING (not even blocking) and B3D4 only gives you that tiny launch, and if I go for B12+4, it costs a bar to combo and is very high execution to make that happen. I needed to get around to labbing out an option that covers this option, but you've saved me the time and uppercut covers so much more and gets favorable trades even if they armor! I'm going to lab out a way to combo it into another double bomb set-up tho. BTW please dont stop posting videos man your videos are great and delivered very well
Thanks !

Awesome to hear.

There might even be something better to do to cover the options, I haven't tried everything, but this works quite nice.

I even had a guy unblock after blocking the uppercut/first bomb (to try to punish) only to be launched by the mid bomb behind ! lol

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'm not on my PC atm to lab out a way to combo it into another double bomb set-up but I think that you can do this:

D2 (Cyrax's opponent will fall onto a bomb) - long air bomb - F4,3 - long air bomb - 1,1,1 - short air bomb - walk backward a tiny - 2,1 - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup
They actually have gravity from the first bomb close bomb that launches, so i don't know how this changes things overall, but this looks really solid. I will try it!

Neospace's Cyrax is godmode.

Bruno-NeoSpace

BTW guys, new corner tech here

double bomb set-up off meterless Net starter (F13, 111, 50/50, etc). Does a little more damage then the current BnB.

Execution isn't easy but is easier than some things like B3D4 HTB loops. There's a trick to it, hold backwards after F43 before doing the NjP, but not for so long that you can visually see it. Once you get this, the first bomb will launch everytime.

and they lose a bar!
Interesting combo... I've seen it sometimes on Reaper's channel and I tried to do it sometimes and I tought it kinda hard to do because sometimes the first air bomb does not hit my opponent... but i'll try it later again. :D

There's a corner combo that I have in mind that is similar to your combo but maybe it's easier... I saw it today when I played with Zionix, I saw he trying a combo that's something like this:

Net - short ground bomb - F1,3 (??? i don't remember very much if he did a F1,3 but it's something that has a good hit adv to link with the bomb) - (he missed the rest of the combo but I can imagine that is the same thing like that corner combo that ends in a double bomb setup :D ) NJP - mid air bomb - F1,3,1 - short air bomb - run - D2 - two bombs setup

Try it, please :p

God Confirm

it works - the problem is, if the first bomb HIT (and didn't chink armor) because they just woke up without blocking or armor - something that this set-up was designed to check - it means that they've been hit with the 2 bombs from the double bomb set-up and a third one in combo, and it will no longer let you get any bomb set-up at all.

However, the exact same combo ended with 21~mid air bomb into NJP (instead of 21~mid ground grenade NJP) is pretty much exactly the same and gives a double bomb set-up. 33% btw :)

EDIT: its actually kinda inconsistent, they often get launched over the top of you during the double bomb set-up unless you are very fine with your execution. might need to find something else.

Interesting combo... I've seen it sometimes on Reaper's channel and I tried to do it sometimes and I tought it kinda hard to do because sometimes the first air bomb does not hit my opponent... but i'll try it later again. :D

There's a corner combo that I have in mind that is similar to your combo but maybe it's easier... I saw it today when I played with Zionix, I saw he trying a combo that's something like this:

Net - short ground bomb - F1,3 (??? i don't remember very much if he did a F1,3 but it's something that has a good hit adv to link with the bomb) - (he missed the rest of the combo but I can imagine that is the same thing like that corner combo that ends in a double bomb setup :D ) NJP - mid air bomb - F1,3,1 - short air bomb - run - D2 - two bombs setup

that's exactly what this combo is, except 114 replaced with F131, which gives you slightly less damage. It does work, if thats what you want to know.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

You got it, my close to the corner conversion using the hit adv from F1,3 to link the explosion. Works pretty much anywhere on screen just change the bomb to far bomb after NJP

Mid or close ground bomb, F1,3 - late NJP - mid air bomb - f1,3,1 - short air bomb - run - D2 - two bombs

Bruno-NeoSpace

it works - the problem is, if the first bomb HIT (and didn't chink armor) because they just woke up without blocking or armor - something that this set-up was designed to check - it means that they've been hit with the 2 bombs from the double bomb set-up and a third one in combo, and it will no longer let you get any bomb set-up at all.

However, the exact same combo ended with 21~mid air bomb into NJP (instead of 21~mid ground grenade NJP) is pretty much exactly the same and gives a double bomb set-up. 33% btw :)

EDIT: its actually kinda inconsistent, they often get launched over the top of you during the double bomb set-up unless you are very fine with your execution. might need to find something else.

that's exactly what this combo is, except 114 replaced with F131, which gives you slightly less damage. It does work, if thats what you want to know.
You got it, my close to the corner conversion using the hit adv from F1,3 to link the explosion. Works pretty much anywhere on screen just change the bomb to far bomb after NJP

Mid or close ground bomb, F1,3 - late NJP - mid air bomb - f1,3,1 - short air bomb - run - D2 - two bombs
Very nice, guys! Keep it up!

God Confirm

Very nice, guys! Keep it up!
just making sure you saw my edit

"its actually kinda inconsistent, they often get launched over the top of you during the double bomb set-up unless you are very fine with your execution. might need to find something else."

I can't even seem to replicate it. Need something that doesn't cross them up over me

EDIT: the trick is walking back the right amount and then getting a fast NjP out. This one works, if we can't find anything better, its a little tricky tho.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
just making sure you saw my edit

"its actually kinda inconsistent, they often get launched over the top of you during the double bomb set-up unless you are very fine with your execution. might need to find something else."

I can't even seem to replicate it. Need something that doesn't cross them up over me

EDIT: the trick is walking back the right amount and then getting a fast NjP out. This one works, if we can't find anything better, its a little tricky tho.
nice ill put some work in to see if theres a more consistant conversion.

Bruno-NeoSpace

There's a new combo that I've seen Mustard (shout-outs to him) using it but he ends it into a simple bomb setup, so, I labbed it and I figured it out that you can end it with the double bomb setup.

It's F4,3 into EX air grab. The old one that I used to do is this one: F4,3 - EX air grab - S4 - net - long air bomb - run - S4 - short air bomb - jump back kick - mid air bomb - D2 - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup (37%)

The new one: F4,3 - EX air grab - F1 - S4 - net - long air bomb - 1,1,4 - mid air bomb - D2 (maybe you'll need to do a tiny walk backward to do the D2) - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup (38%)

1% more damage... it's not a huge thing but it's something and the combo it's easier to do. :D

God Confirm

here it is

There's a new combo that I've seen Mustard (shout-outs to him) using it but he ends it into a simple bomb setup, so, I labbed it and I figured it out that you can end it with the double bomb setup.

It's F4,3 into EX air grab. The old one that I used to do is this one: F4,3 - EX air grab - S4 - net - long air bomb - run - S4 - short air bomb - jump back kick - mid air bomb - D2 - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup (37%)

The new one: F4,3 - EX air grab - F1 - S4 - net - long air bomb - 1,1,4 - mid air bomb - D2 (maybe you'll need to do a tiny walk backward to do the D2) - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup (38%)

1% more damage... it's not a huge thing but it's something and the combo it's easier to do. :D
I saw it too, but I like that the old one isn't spacing dependant and even works from the corner though. Worth keeping in mind. And it is really consistent anyway just make sure you use Jump Back 4 for this one. Someone with the mental capacity for it can probably learn both. I'm gunna stick with the old though.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

I seen mustard do F4,3 - EX air grab - F1 - S4 - net - long air bomb - F1,3,1 - mid air bomb - D2 - mid ground bomb - NJP - two bombs setup (38%)

I copied him a few weeks ago and this has been my go to

God Confirm

@Zionix I labbed out a corner conversion for your uppercut tech

Here's a meterless F13 opener to give you a double bomb set-up in the corner, which the D2 then catches them on, and ends in another double bomb set up.

[Bomb] Uppercut, Far Bomb [Bomb] 111~Close Bomb, Jump Back Kick, Mid Bomb, NJP

30%

Although it's not TOO strict you need to do the Far Bomb as late as possible (this means they get launched later after 111 hits them so they are in the air longer, which makes the Jump Back kick connect - its weird) so you have plenty of time to recognise to whether it goes through or not

Last edited:

God Confirm

Okay, so this D2 tech is DOPE

@Zionix mentioned in his video that it's safe, but forget that for a second

there is a gap after the blocked D2 before the second bomb, where many characters can get out. I was able to punish the uppercut (-15) with Jason's 13f B1 AND get myself out of the hitbox of the second bomb, no matter how close together i got the bombs. And Jason's wasn't cherry picked, he was just the first character I tried, although his mid DOES advance him pretty far, but reversal slide / ball / whatevers are also gonna be able to punish it. I was also able to just run straight out of the bomb, even with jason's crappy run. The easiest was simply jumping out, but Triborg recovers into to AA even Jason's jump in so its not gonna punish anything. Alien's jump in maybe I dunno.

However, the timing for punishing with a normal was extremely tight because pushback, and the risk is that its so easy to get caught by the second bomb, although special reversals will be a bit easier, they will need to 1.) have an advancing one, 2.) be waiting for the D2, and 3.) be aware that they can even do this.

I think it's safe to say for the most part, the bulk of the time people are just gonna hold the second bomb. It's the kind of punish I really dont see happening often at all.

So, if they DO hold the second bomb, you aren't just safe - you are significantly plus. Not sure exact frames, but AFTER a blocked D2 I was able to RUN up a little bit and still jail a B3 first time I tried it - so basically, if they block the uppercut and keep blocking till the second bomb goes off, it gives you a guaranteed 50/50 that armor doesn't get you out of (they can armor the Overhead, but that is still making a read on the 50/50 because attempting it gets you punished by the low) :)

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
@Zionix I labbed out a corner conversion for your uppercut tech

Super good

Here's a meterless F13 opener to give you a double bomb set-up in the corner, which the D2 then catches them on, and ends in another double bomb set up.

[Bomb] Uppercut, Far Bomb [Bomb] 111~Close Bomb, Jump Back Kick, Mid Bomb, NJP

30%

Although it's not TOO strict you need to do the Far Bomb as late as possible (this means they get launched later after 111 hits them so they are in the air longer, which makes the Jump Back kick connect - its weird) so you have plenty of time to recognise to whether it goes through or not

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Okay, so this D2 tech is DOPE

@Zionix mentioned in his video that it's safe, but forget that for a second

there is a gap after the blocked D2 before the second bomb, where many characters can get out. I was able to punish the uppercut (-15) with Jason's 13f B1 AND get myself out of the hitbox of the second bomb, no matter how close together i got the bombs. And Jason's wasn't cherry picked, he was just the first character I tried, although his mid DOES advance him pretty far, but reversal slide / ball / whatevers are also gonna be able to punish it. I was also able to just run straight out of the bomb, even with jason's crappy run. The easiest was simply jumping out, but Triborg recovers into to AA even Jason's jump in so its not gonna punish anything. Alien's jump in maybe I dunno.

However, the timing for punishing with a normal was extremely tight because pushback, and the risk is that its so easy to get caught by the second bomb, although special reversals will be a bit easier, they will need to 1.) have an advancing one, 2.) be waiting for the D2, and 3.) be aware that they can even do this.

I think it's safe to say for the most part, the bulk of the time people are just gonna hold the second bomb. It's the kind of punish I really dont see happening often at all.

So, if they DO hold the second bomb, you aren't just safe - you are significantly plus. Not sure exact frames, but AFTER a blocked D2 I was able to RUN up a little bit and still jail a B3 first time I tried it - so basically, if they block the uppercut and keep blocking till the second bomb goes off, it gives you a guaranteed 50/50 that armor doesn't get you out of (they can armor the Overhead, but that is still making a read on the 50/50 because attempting it gets you punished by the low) :)
I noticed when using it that it might be plus if they hold the second bomb, but didn't think it was that plus!

Remember this setup is specifically designed to trade with safe armor spam and make people block if they are trying to mash out or just press nothing to stop the htb launching.

Against an opponent who is more knowledgeable you will need to do this on a safe armor read and no tech roll.

It SMASHES ranked match, in a 1 game set its a blow out. I've never played quicker games.

Also note that its a 50/50 for your opponent they can't react to uppercut or b3. As soon as you get the block respect its straight back to standard double bomb htb.

Last edited:

God Confirm

I noticed when using it that it might be plus if they hold the second bomb, but didn't think it was that plus!

Remember this setup is specifically designed to trade with safe armor spam and make people block if they are trying to mash out or just press nothing to stop the htb launching.

Against an opponent who is more knowledgeable you will need to do this on a safe armor read and no tech roll.

It SMASHES ranked match, in a 1 game set its a blow out. I've never played quicker games.
the cool thing is tho, even if you misread you get to keep your turn and actually jail into a 50/50 if they hold that second bomb, so props for this, it's the missing piece I needed for my oki game

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
the cool thing is tho, even if you misread you get to keep your turn and actually jail into a 50/50 if they hold that second bomb, so props for this, it's the missing piece I needed for my oki game
This what i thought when i found it, a way to not only launch from double bombs back into double bombs but to alsokeep the life lead against safe armor which is a big downside to rax.

People will be skeptical at first but i do believe this is absolutely necesarry tech going forward.

Especially with the 50/50 after it.