What's new

Tech - Cyrax New hard to blockable into hard to blockable

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
^ you could also do F3 insead of that double-dash S1.
Yes with a little walk forward. However this makes the opponent fly over your head and doesn't give conversions into double bombs, which is very valuable. I'd much rather use F3 for consistency if you could show it that would be cool.

If you are closer to your opponent or can run in you definitely want to do F3 as you can do an easy NJP far bomb conversion.

With no stamina and fullscreen this was the best I could find.

Last edited:

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Quick question everyone, is there a option select htb for the double bomb setup? Like im talking when they dont even armor or delay wakeup. Im guessin b1 24 is best for that because it still combos after the first bomb goes boom. But the b3d4 doesnt seem to work.

@scarsunseen @Zionix @Bruno-NeoSpace

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Quick question everyone, is there a option select htb for the double bomb setup? Like im talking when they dont even armor or delay wakeup. Im guessin b1 24 is best for that because it still combos after the first bomb goes boom. But the b3d4 doesnt seem to work.

I'm still not sure about how consistent is b3,d4 on the double bomb setup... i'm still working on it.

You can do the entire string and be safe on block and against delayed wakeup. And on hit it'll do around 7~21% which is very good

Last edited:

Sunny_D

I'm still not sure about how consistent is b3,d4 on the double bomb setup... i'm still working on it.

You can do the entire string and be safe on block and against delayed wakeup. And on hit it'll do around 7~21% which is very good
Thats what i usually do an also if you do just b1 you still get a htb if they dont delay and it breaks some armors and b1 is -1 so your safe an can maybe do that deep neutral jump combo from the other thread.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Thats what i usually do an also if you do just b1 you still get a htb if they dont delay and it breaks some armors and b1 is -1 so your safe an can maybe do that deep neutral jump combo from the other thread.
Im posting a video that is probably known. Costs no meter; but is safe, stops button mashers. stuffs 1 armor and trades favorably with safe armor. Yes the opponent has options, but its designed to deter safe armor buttons and destroy people who mash out of the b3d4 and once you condition them to block you go for the b3d4.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Im posting a video that is probably known. Costs no meter; but is safe, stops button mashers. stuffs 1 armor and trades favorably with safe armor. Yes the opponent has options, but its designed to deter safe armor buttons and destroy people who mash out of the b3d4 and once you condition them to block you go the the b3d4.
Nice! Hey bro, ckeck it out... Reaper's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/elreaper25/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd... there are A LOT of Cyrax's crazy stuffs there... maybe you can ressurect some stuffs that everybody has forgot :D

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

An option select that I use sometimes is F21-DB1. On hit, you get a saw, and you're safe if they block. On whiff, you get the full F211 string, which is good if they delay wake-up.

Sunny_D

An option select that I use sometimes is F21-DB1. On hit, you get a saw, and you're safe if they block. On whiff, you get the full F211 string, which is good if they delay wake-up.
Any option select for the htb though? like lowverhead kind

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Nice! I havent finished the vid yet but instead of uppercut maybe you can do a grab and it does the same function as the uppercut but safer and possibly full combo if they tech/ if you tech into ex saw!
Grab doesn't work, doesn't launch them into the second bomb, does less damage overall; you can't get any safer than the uppercut. The uppercut and double bombs does just over 6% chip aswell and good spacing after, its pretty good.

The throw into ex-saw is always a solid choice when they are respecting or always blocking your HTB, but this is best used when they are respecting your HTB not mashing on wake-up

You either trade the uppercut big or just block if you can't take the damage from a two armor safe wake-up.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I don't see any reason to use this over the HTB setup. Maybe if you're trying to close out a round and you expect them to armor wake-up, but I'm pretty much never doing this.

Bruno-NeoSpace

I don't see any reason to use this over the HTB setup. Maybe if you're trying to close out a round and you expect them to armor wake-up, but I'm pretty much never doing this.
Against characters that you will have to respect their armor, so there is no way to do the double bomb setup into B3,D4 (like against Kano's EX ball), that D2 is pretty good... you will take I think 10% damage but will do 14% damage. That is good :D

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'd rather bait and punish/make them waste meter. I'd prefer not to take any damage. But you do your thang and i will do mine.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
its explained, in detail, in the video.

A goro is never going to eat your hard to blockable, he will armor every chance he gets. With this, you will do more to him than he will to you and he loses 1 meter.

It is a deterrant, to use to get further ahead in the round. Not when you are on deaths door, in this situation its obvious to block and stay safe.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I didn't say bait and punish safe armor. I said bait and punish/make them waste meter.
I showed in the video when its best to just bait and punish. It isn't a waste of meter for the opponent when they get out of the HTB and some offenders such as goro can be plus from it and deal good chip.

I played Neo today and I armored out every-time because if i didn't I couldn't block it and i'd be taking another 30%. If he used the uppercut every now and then, I'd of lost even harder.

You never have to use it, that's okay but it makes me just not want to bother posting when you shit over it every-time.

Sunny_D

Well if you know they will armor you could just punish with a grab or 50/50 and not ridk taking the damage. However i actually used this to close a set today so its something to consider

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I showed in the video when its best to just bait and punish. It isn't a waste of meter for the opponent when they get out of the HTB and some offenders such as goro can be plus from it and deal good chip.

I played Neo today and I armored out every-time because if i didn't I couldn't block it and i'd be taking another 30%. If he used the uppercut every now and then, I'd of lost even harder.

You never have to use it, that's okay but it makes me just not want to bother posting when you shit over it every-time.
I didn't "shit over" your post. I'm just not into it. I've never said anything rude or disrespectful to you, and I don't have any reason to. If you don't like how I respond to your posts, STOP TAGGING ME. If you want to use and share your tech, you have every right to so. You don't need anyone's approval or permission. Maybe your post will help someone who isn't me. I hope it does!