What's new

New Fighter Pack or New MK11?

Do you want NRS to make another Fighter Pack or NRS to focus more on MK11?

• I want another Fighter Pack

• Give me MK11 sooner than later

• Focus on both equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want MK11.

I was getting bored of IJ2 before the Legendary Gear came out and gave me something different to try for and an excuse to try out different characters, which got me right back into it. I can't see myself still being into it a year from now and will want something different.

Mk11. Injustice 2 is clearly not my cup of tea. I've heard inj2 is more balanced but the fun factor imo in MKX blows it away free. But that's just my opinion. But it's also unfair to people who like injustice to be cut off earlier than expected also and we have to understand that.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
As far back as at least 2012, Capcom has been in dire straits, financially. Multiple started & cancelled projects and failed endeavors.
But you said someone bailed them out? Capcom has made multiple games since 2012...

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It's all but guaranteed that MK11 will be here spring of 2019 anyway. NRS has been on a 2 year development cycle for quite a while now. With that said, neither. I'm still dreaming of UMK9 with rollback netcode, a final balance patch, input bug fixed, P1 advantage fixed, and I'll just play that forever.

trufenix

bye felicia
But you said someone bailed them out? Capcom has made multiple games since 2012...
It's a fun fgc fallacy to claim Capcom was "saved" by Sony because they paid for SF5. It's nonsense, but its fun to say. Capcom makes games the way they do because they're cheap and don't take risks, not because they're dying. FGCers just have a tough time processing that SF isn't Capcom's chief game series anymore.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Id prefer the game to just improve all in all. I hate dropping one game for the next in 2 years. It needs be a long running franchise, not a consumer product. We all know what happened to CALL of duty.
Mortal Kombat and Injustice ARE NOT in any shape or form like Call of Duty. COD gets one game every and they barely innovate, and even when they do, they don't bring the new stuff to the right places. MK and IJ games ALWAYS have tried to innovate and refresh things up, all the way from the old MK games in the 90's. MK tried more stuff then any other FG series. NRS/WB games are indeed more casual friendly, yes, but they are not like COD, period.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
It's a fun fgc fallacy to claim Capcom was "saved" by Sony because they paid for SF5. It's nonsense, but its fun to say. Capcom makes games the way they do because they're cheap and don't take risks, not because they're dying. FGCers just have a tough time processing that SF isn't Capcom's chief game series anymore.
The fact that SF isn't their chief game series was exactly my point. Their SF business model has failed to give them the return that they banked on, especially with the growing visibility of the FGC. Regardless of their projects, they've come in under projections pretty consistently for the last 6 years or so. No where near what the legacy and visibility of that title should suggest. Releasing one underdeveloped game, and doling out bit of content over the next several years has only hurt the brand.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
The fact that SF isn't their chief game series was exactly my point. Their SF business model has failed to give them the return that they banked on, especially with the growing visibility of the FGC. Regardless of their projects, they've come in under projections pretty consistently for the last 6 years or so. No where near what the legacy and visibility of that title should suggest. Releasing one underdeveloped game, and doling out bit of content over the next several years has only hurt the brand.
Honestly I don't think you know what you are talking about....

trufenix

bye felicia
I just want to know what the "sf business model" is, how it "failed" and how you know about their "projections" for the past 6 years. You sound like a really smart guy.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I just want to know what the "sf business model" is, how it "failed" and how you know about their "projections" for the past 6 years. You sound like a really smart guy.
Plus, a lot of these companies have financials that are either public, or easily obtainable for the purposes of investment analysis.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm not voting because I'm torn.

Boon has hinted towards another Fighter Pack, but I'm sure he did that to get 500K twitter followers. However, would another Fighter Pack be too much for one game? That's a shit ton of characters for one game.

MK11? Who doesn't want to know what kind of game they're working on now, but at the same time it'd be sweet and refreshing if NRS would actually find a way to keep supporting INJ2 even after the next MK game comes out.

I don't want to see a game like INJ2 die off because they announce the next MK.

EVO 2013 was sweet. It was the second and final year (so far) that my wife and I went to EVO and I was able to watch MK at EVO (DJT won) and the next day Injustice GAU (KDZ won). What I'm getting it was it felt like NRS was a powerhouse that year with support of both games.

Can you imagine if we as a community still supported MK9 the way Smash players support their older games?

I'm torn because we're still in the cycle we're known for.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
The game hasn't even been out a full year. I say lets get another Fighter pack. Mk11 in 2020. Give this game some time to grow. KIT is pretty lit. This game is still hype. I just feel if they release mk11 sooner than later then it will kill Injustice 2 rapidly while i feel it still got some life left.

da800don

Noob
Mortal Kombat and Injustice ARE NOT in any shape or form like Call of Duty. COD gets one game every and they barely innovate, and even when they do, they don't bring the new stuff to the right places. MK and IJ games ALWAYS have tried to innovate and refresh things up, all the way from the old MK games in the 90's. MK tried more stuff then any other FG series. NRS/WB games are indeed more casual friendly, yes, but they are not like COD, period.
Nice elaboration, but I wasnt comparing COD to NRS games. Nice rant though.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I used COD as an example of "any game" that can become too motivated by money and/or consumers and they begin pumping out new games consecutively.
How is that not a comparison? That's what you pretty much did. On top of that, MK is already a long running franchise, and both MK and IJ are two separated franchises that come every 4 years each, and there are players who play only one of them at a time. I see players on RZA's Streams like Nausea who keep playing MKX on a high level but barely touch IJ2 if at all, and just this past weekend at KIT there was an MKX tourney that was on stream with a bunch of top players like Sonic Fox and Forever King, in addition to IJ2. Just because WB doesn't allow NRS to support the games after 2 years while they sell millions of copies for each game that doesn't indicate anything, and even 2 years is still more then the one year that COD games have, as not only the support ends for those games after just one year, but the next game in the same franchise is released. That's not the case with MK11, a game in one franchise that will be released 2 years after IJ2, a game from another franchise. Same publisher and same developer, and tons of sells and money, but two separated franchises still, and four years between games in each franchise still.

And BTW, back in Midway, Ed Boon made only MK games 90% of the time (except the Grid) and they also came once every one year or three years, and thy sold huge amounts of copies already back then and even then they weren't consumer-only products. So how they can be consumer-only products now?

You don't want to drop the game after 2 years? Then just don't drop them, plain and simple. Keep playing what you wanna keep playing. I myself play them both right now :)

da800don

Noob
How is that not a comparison? That's what you pretty much did. On top of that, MK is already a long running franchise, and both MK and IJ are two separated franchises that come every 4 years each, and there are players who play only one of them at a time. I see players on RZA's Streams like Daphanate and Nausea who keep playing MKX on a high level but barely touch IJ2 if at all, and just this past weekend at KIT there was an MKX tourney that was on stream with a bunch of top players like Sonic Fox and Forever King, in addition to IJ2. Just because WB doesn't allow NRS to support the games after 2 years that doesn't indicate anything, and even 2 years is still more then the one year that COD games have, as not only the support ends for those games after just one year, but the next game in the same franchise is released. That's not the case with MK11, a game in one franchise that will be released 2 years after IJ2, a game from another franchise. Same publisher and same developer, but two separated franchises still.

And BTW, back in Midway, Ed Boon made only MK games 90% of the time (except the Grid) and for the most part they came once every one year or two years, and even then they weren't consumer-only products. So how they can be consumer-only products now?

You don't want to drop the game after 2 years? Then just don't drop them, plain and simple. Keep playing what you wanna keep playing. I myself play them both right now :)
Thank you sir

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Both please. No need for me to drop IJ2 when MK11 is released, different games with totally different characters.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Didn't vote . . . The correct answer is BOTH.
Both please. No need for me to drop IJ2 when MK11 is released, different games with totally different characters.
Welp, the people have spoken and Uncle JBeezY has heard your words. So WHOOP THERE IT IS, I've added a "BOTH" option for those who feel strongly enough to place your vote. I appreciate the input. So Righteous of y'all ;)