What's new

New Fighter Pack or New MK11?

Do you want NRS to make another Fighter Pack or NRS to focus more on MK11?

• I want another Fighter Pack

• Give me MK11 sooner than later

• Focus on both equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think this game is dying faster than mkx. Lets see if there is another season of the pro league. I doubt any more fighter packs will come out. People who bought the complete edition wont be happy if they have to buy more characters.
That's another very good point. I bought the Ultimate edition and if NRS decides to come out with another FP i know damn well i will NOT buy anymore content for this game.

I want MK11 soon. I loved MK9, IGAU, & MKX but for some reason Injustice 2 doesn't click with me all that much. I still play it but it's on and off with me and currently i'm only really back to see if I like Enchantress. The "fresh idea" with this game was supposed to be gear, which I think was executed poorly. It's way too tedious and the addition of AI fighting for you makes it seems like they knew that people weren't gonna wanna do it. The zoning meta makes online unfun, as well as the constant Supergirls. I don't hate this game at all and I enjoyed it at the start but it never really attracted me long term unlike MK. Honestly after a couple weeks of Enchantress i'm probably not gonna play until the Turtles come out. As much as I love DC I want MK11 more than anything else. I really hope they fix these problems with IJ3.
ALL OF THIS! Except...IF they IJ3 is ever made. I never played Injustice 1 so this is my first time experiencing this franchise, but after this....i dont think Uncle JBeezY will go for Part 3, especially since Supergirl will more than likely be in it..

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Hell Capcom waited 8 years to go from SFIV to SFV.
You just know they didn't do this on purpose though. Capcom didn't make SFV earlier because they couldn't, the fact that they had to make a deal with Sony for it and also considering the state which the game was released in confirms this.

I have a feeling the new MK won't be released until there's a new PlayStation console, more like 2020.
I hope not. While it'd be nice to start the new generation fresh with a MK game I'd hate to have to buy a new system again just for it.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
MK11 , that's for sure ! I like this life cycle with MK and Injustice coming out each 2 years between them, so, Injustice had its highlight in 2017, and still will be relevant in 2018, but, in 2019, it's time to a new MK game come out and shines ! I like Injustice and enjoy the game, but I simply love the MK franchise more, so, I'm always first a MK fan, so, I think majority here just cannot wait for the leak news about a new MK to start to appears sooner or later this year, hehe ! :D

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
You just know they didn't do this on purpose though. Capcom didn't make SFV earlier because they couldn't, the fact that they had to make a deal with Sony for it and also considering the state which the game was released in confirms this.
They've always done that bro. SF was born in '87, SFII released in '91, SFIII Third Strike released in '99, SFIV in 2008, SFV in 2016. Lots of 8-9 year gaps.

They've always done that bro. SF was born in '87, SFII released in '91, SFIII Third Strike released in '99, SFIV in 2008, SFV in 2016. Lots of 8-9 year gaps.
but u cant compare that with nrs. yes lots of 8-9 year gaps but dont forget games like sf alpha, capcom vs snk, marvel vs capcom, sf ex series among others existed too.

xiskza

Underworld
You forgot Alpha in 1995 which is also a main entry.

But these games get lots of updates through the years with several versions of the game. SF4 was in 2009 btw, and SFV would be released in 2018 had it not been anticipated 2 years cause of Sony.

Plus if you mix spin-offs like SFEX and crossovers like MVC and CvSNK there were plenty of games getting released.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Chervy thing is dude, every other franchise isn't as successful of late as NRS games are and are often relying on redoing older games a million times over because their newer games are blah.

I2 already has boatloads of content, they have to cut it off at some point. MK11 is common sense and I3 is a no brainer.

I'd love for both but at this point MK 11 is probably more realistic.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
You forgot Alpha in 1995 which is also a main entry.

But these games get lots of updates through the years with several versions of the game. SF4 was in 2009 btw, and SFV would be released in 2018 had it not been anticipated 2 years cause of Sony.

Plus if you mix spin-offs like SFEX and crossovers like MVC and CvSNK there were plenty of games getting released.
Yeah like @MAPUSA said SFIV was 2008. Same year MKvDC came out.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'll say it: Gear has killed this game more so than variations "killed" MKX.

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.

Give us Fighter Pack 4. DLC stages. New premier skins. Legacy characters (Shazam & Sinestro plz) and keep the game alive. Begging for MK11 so soon just makes the whole short cycle of ppl playing NRS games until the new one drops even worse.

Lengthen the game's life cycle NRS. Give us QoL changes. More plz.
I see your point but the casuals like the gear system. It's definitely kept more people playing the game who would of otherwise dropped it.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.

Give us Fighter Pack 4. DLC stages. New premier skins. Legacy characters (Shazam & Sinestro plz) and keep the game alive. Begging for MK11 so soon just makes the whole short cycle of ppl playing NRS games until the new one drops even worse.

Terrible take

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Or we could be like every other FG community and not need any other incentive other than the game itself to keep playing.
I think there's actually an interesting reason behind this. A lot of players that get into NRS games come from non-fighting games, whose online is kept alive through the use of updates and additional content (paid and/or free DLC). Taking this mindset into NRS fighting games is what I think causes communities like /r/injustice on reddit to constantly want new content.

Meanwhile games like Street Fighter and Tekken may be kept alive more by the community itself because they're not approached from the non-fighting game mindset. If someone starts playing SF or Tekken, they're less likely to be a casual player and if they are, most of the community might not be which doesn't give any leeway into the 'more content keeps the game alive' mindset.

-----

Back in topic, MK11 because I like playing as more MK characters again. That's my only reason frankly.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

The FGC has failed to keep any NRS game "alive". Gear doesn't factor into that at all. These games all have an expiration date, and that is usually a few months after a new NRS game is announced. Furthermore, it isn't their responsibility to keep the game "alive", it's yours. It's the communities. Keep playing. Keep showing up for tournaments. Keep stream numbers high. Organize and keep the interest. The whole point of a "community" is exactly this.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The FGC has failed to keep any NRS game "alive". Gear doesn't factor into that at all. These games all have an expiration date, and that is usually a few months after a new NRS game is announced. Furthermore, it isn't their responsibility to keep the game "alive", it's yours. It's the communities. Keep playing. Keep showing up for tournaments. Keep stream numbers high. Organize and keep the interest.

OOOO i wouldnt go too far-fetched with that thought. Its the developers job to make a game awesome fun to play to KEEP US INTERESTED, so that we can stream, so that we can have a community to even talk about the game, for us to even wanting an interest in having tournaments for a game. We as a community are NOT obligated to do shit, ESPECIALLY since we're not even getting paid. We are PAYING the developers for a great game. And if we dont get great, then they dont get great results. Its more of a "help me help you" type relationship.

Cuz ill be damn if im gonna stream a shitty ass game that i absolutely hate.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
OOOO i wouldnt go too far-fetched with that thought. Its the developers job to make a game awesome fun to play to KEEP US INTERESTED, so that we can stream, so that we can have a community to even talk about the game, for us to even wanting an interest in having tournaments for a game. We as a community are NOT obligated to do shit, ESPECIALLY since we're not even getting paid. We are PAYING the developers for a great game. And if we dont get great, then they dont get great results. Its more of a "help me help you" type relationship.

Cuz ill be damn if im gonna stream a shitty ass game that i absolutely hate.
NRS made a quality title. They promoted it, released additional content, and made balance adjustments/fixes. They have done everything that a game developer should do. Much, much more than most. Everything else is on the "community". Otherwise, what the actual fuck is the point of a community? Of course the community bears the responsibility of keeping it alive. Anything else is just laziness and entitlement.
Oh wait, the NRS community is quite frequently lazy and entitled.
I don't think you were even born when we had to actually math out our own frame data.
Y'all spoilT.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MidTierHarley, debatable but you do realize if not for MK you'd have no injustice right? lol :p

@Dutch
I think there's actually an interesting reason behind this. A lot of players that get into NRS games come from non-fighting games, whose online is kept alive through the use of updates and additional content (paid and/or free DLC). Taking this mindset into NRS fighting games is what I think causes communities like /r/injustice on reddit to constantly want new content.

Meanwhile games like Street Fighter and Tekken may be kept alive more by the community itself because they're not approached from the non-fighting game mindset. If someone starts playing SF or Tekken, they're less likely to be a casual player and if they are, most of the community might not be which doesn't give any leeway into the 'more content keeps the game alive' mindset.

-----

Back in topic, MK11 because I like playing as more MK characters again. That's my only reason frankly.

Honestly man, I think while you raise good points it's also true that mostly casuals also play SF like NRS games more so than hardcore players because of the sales alone, majority of sales/people who buy these games are casuals or simply fanboys of such(ie DC comics or SF or MK etc) whatever. Not to take away from the competitive or tourney communities but, they will always be outnumbered by casual numbers at the end of the day. Could be MK, Smash, SF, Tekken whatever but sadly another fact is fighting genre will also almost always take a backseat to other genres like FPS's, RPG's etc As someone who grew up in the 80's and 90's I'm just happy that FG's in general are still relevant and mostly because of SF and MK making a killer comeback 5 + years ago now.

Last edited:

I don't think it's healthy to view this through a binary lens. Injustice 2 does a pretty masterful (in my opinion) job of appealing to a wider range of players than most fighting games. The genre is a bit of a niche by definition, so to have real success in the market there needs to be some sort of hook to grab players who wouldn't pick up a fighter normally. A game like MvC usually relies on brand and character roster, although they hamstrung themselves a bit leaving off X-men and other fan-favorites. Injustice 2 has a great license, incredibly high production value, story mode that isn't a glorified tutorial, and long term PvE appeal with the multiverse/gear grind. Gear is pretty obviously targeted towards the casual player, but has some crossover appeal. I don't think either demographic (casual players or hardcore fighting game enthusiast) is being under served here.