What's new

New Fighter Pack or New MK11?

Do you want NRS to make another Fighter Pack or NRS to focus more on MK11?

• I want another Fighter Pack

• Give me MK11 sooner than later

• Focus on both equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.

smoke420

Noob
MK 11....
WITH DASH BLOCKING !
NO RUN BUTTON /
NO VARRIATION /
NO GEAR !!!!
TAG
MORE COSTUMES

PLEASE... JUST LEAVE THOSE THINGS TO MKX AND INJ2. .. MK9 WAS GOOD, WHY F THAT UP ... I ALSO HATED IN MKX WHEN YOU JUMPED, THAT YOU WOULD "FLOAT" , JUST KEEP IT A SINGLE AIR FLIP.. I HATED MKX BECAUSE OF THAT . SKARLET WOULD BE NICE.. WHY WASTE A GOOD CHARACTER..

If only... If only the DLC were more ... like Non zoners.... But I get it... in this kind of game even a garbage can will have a projectile. If they made more bane like characters... but It's too late now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
NRS made a quality title. They promoted it, released additional content, and made balance adjustments/fixes. They have done everything that a game developer should do. Much, much more than most. Everything else is on the "community". Otherwise, what the actual fuck is the point of a community? Of course the community bears the responsibility of keeping it alive. Anything else is just laziness and entitlement.
Oh wait, the NRS community is quite frequently lazy and entitled.
I don't think you were even born when we had to actually math out our own frame data.
Y'all spoilT.
As far as bringing content. updating the game, yes they have done their job. Listen, I know i haven't been here for along time like you probably have, and i get what you're saying but hear me out. All im saying is even the community gets bored with a game if it doesn't grab their attention to keep playing. The developers can do all the promoting and updating in the world! But if the game is missing that "IT" factor, then it wont keep me playing VS another game that is more fun to play. PERIOD. But thats just my take on it. And i came from a time where we didnt givesAfuck about frame data. Hell, i just NOW in 2017 ALONE found out what frame date is and ive been playing video games all my life! Its all about the fun factor, baby. Without it, the game dies, regardless of its community. Period.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Can anyone formulate into a coherent thought what their problem with gear is?
Its the gear stats and gear moves people seem to have a problem with. Well, the ppl who play competitively that is. Practically useless in that regard. BUT for the look, I'm all for personal customization. Another gripe with that in this game, some designs were just dull and poorly executed. Like some characters such as Raiden had badass, and diverse gear pieces, while others like Cheetah were just....meh.....

Its the gear stats and gear moves people seem to have a problem with. Well, the ppl who play competitively that is. Practically useless in that regard. BUT for the look, I'm all for personal customization. Another gripe with that in this game, some designs were just dull and poorly executed. Like some characters such as Raiden had badass, and diverse gear pieces, while others like Cheetah were just....meh.....
Right, but if you play competitively gear just doesn't affect you at all...it might as well be window dressing or just fun for people who like to swag out their favorite characters (poor folks like Cheetah to a lesser extent). Gear existing doesn't serve as any detriment to competitive play.

EDIT: Also, if a handful of characters have an uninspired cosmetic selection, that's not an indictment of the gear system as a whole, or gear systems in general. It's a safe bet they were pretty limited in terms of creative license, i.e. they had to run any designs by DC and they definitely would have limited their options. On their own IP (MK), Netherrealm might really try some wild, fun shit.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Right, but if you play competitively gear just doesn't affect you at all...it might as well be window dressing or just fun for people who like to swag out their favorite characters (poor folks like Cheetah to a lesser extent). Gear existing doesn't serve as any detriment to competitive play.
Righteous. It surely doesn't. But i guess ppl like to bitch just to bitch ;)

I will say this tho...my personal gripe with that is, NRS should have gone further with the gear creatively as far as design goes. Like mentioned above, some were cool as fuck and others were just lame as fuck. That's all.

da800don

Noob
The lifespan of this game has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Injustice 2 had its ups and most definitely its downs. BUT the game has had success winning awards for Best Fighting Game of 2017 at the Game Awards. But is that enough to keep our interest after the final character in FP3 is released or are we ready for the MAIN course, Mortal Kombat!

So what do you guys want to see after the TMNT release. Do you want another Fighter Pack for Injustice 2 or do you want NRS to focus on the development of MK11. Uncle JBeezY made a poll. HEEEEY! Vote and let me know in the comments below!

Let's have a discussion!

Righteous ;)
Id prefer the game to just improve all in all. I hate dropping one game for the next in 2 years. It needs be a long running franchise, not a consumer product. We all know what happened to CALL of duty.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Id prefer the game to just improve all in all. I hate dropping one game for the next in 2 years. It needs be a long running franchise, not a consumer product. We all know what happened to CALL of duty.
It got overwatched by Overwatch lol

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You mean like how Capcom ran things with SF? The most "popular" FG in the world. Even though they kept releasing content, charging a mint for it, and "supporting" their game for years and years. You do realize that they could not sustain that, and needed to be bailed out, yeah?

I like gear, I think it's cool how you can make your character your own. However, in my opinion the way you get gear is really tedious and unfun. I understand a couple little towers but I don't enjoy three 12 man towers. If they can find a way to make getting gear fun then i'm all for it.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
OK, NRS is a company and its prime goal is to make money. They are answerable to WB / stock owners not the FGC. Sometimes I think some competitive players have a bit of an over-inflated opinion of their importance in the grand scheme of things.

I'll say it: Gear has killed this game more so than variations "killed" MKX.

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.
WRONG!!! 13yo Timmy is much more important than you to NRS in reality. There are millions of "13yoTimmy's" and comparatively very few people like you. He keeps the game alive. If he wasn't buying it, there would be no IJ/MK... so if "13yo Timmy" wants a pretty outfit, he will get one.

Always remember that it is the casuals that make money - these are the primary targets for their products. They want all of the people that play a game for a month and then move on to the next thing - that is where they make their millions.

Ultimately, the FGC is not that important to them when it comes to decision making. Making hardcore fans happy is a nice bonus, but it is not their main objective. They could make a more technical game with the depth of VF/BB/Tek etc to make people like you happy, but they know that it is isolating to casuals and it would not sell as much.

I don't mean this in a rude way, but sometimes it is good to have a reality check

[/QUOTE]

Do you think that MK11 won't have a gear system??
Think again...
I don't think it will will. They said something about trying to keep features for each titles separate. There may be a little more customization (eg Kitana with and without masks), but I would doubt that they will do gear.

BRING ON MK11 I SAY!!!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
These are my honest thoughts. Before I say it I wanna say I think MK is AWESOME and Sub-Zero is my favorite video game character ever, but...

You guys who say the gear system killed Injustice are nuts, it didn’t hurt it at all, it barely does anything, it does nothing the way we play except help us make our characters look dope. The alternative is Superman getting 12 skins and most characters having no customization. Any of you guys who play less known characters like Swamp, Fate, Grodd, or any DLC character would have NO customization.

And honesty Injustice is a much better game. Maybe I’m biased because I didn’t play MK9, but MKX is sooooo much more one dimensional than I2. In 12, there is a GOOD character for ANY playstyle, and even the worst character in the entire game like Grodd is god tier compared to a low tier MKX variation like Lackey or Outlaw. Meanwhile Supergirl isn’t nearly as mind numbing and insulting to pay against as Imposter or Mileena or pre patch Alien. Or half the MKX cast for that matter. Variations were trash, you were holding yourself back if you didn’t pick the best variation in 98% of cases and they focused too hard on making 3 different styles then having any cohesion and vision in most of the cast. Some characters like Reptile were well designed, but Sub, Predator, and Erron Black we’re horribly designed but could have been great without the variation system. It had some great things to it but MKX would have been much better without the clusterfuck of 100 different characters, about a third of which being cheap and unfun and repetitive to fight as they almost all do the same thing, another third being garbage, and the other third being a waste of time because nobody uses them. Stamina sucks ass!!! The run button and limiting backdashing is garbage!!! But most of all, after being spoiled by the back to block in Injustice, I don’t wanna go back to the block button. It’s such a shitty mechanic man, you risk getting launched just walking backwards without back to block, especially when there’s assholes like D’Vorah, Kotal, Alien, Cage, and Cassie with fast half screen mids. Not that you’ll get hit by these every time or even a majority of the time, but it’s such an unnecessary thing to have to keep in mind especially when even if you blocked it, Kotal and Alien would get a 50/50 off it on block lmao, or maybe Johnny who got to be +17 pre patch. And just 50/50s in general. Just eww

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
You mean like how Capcom ran things with SF? The most "popular" FG in the world. Even though they kept releasing content, charging a mint for it, and "supporting" their game for years and years. You do realize that they could not sustain that, and needed to be bailed out, yeah?
Huh? Who bailed them out? And you do know they make more games then just SF right?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Oh god how do people not get this. Look at Red Hood, pretty boring huh? Now look at Red Hood with Gear moves wow this character is all of a sudden cool now, this is the same deal for several characters, to the point where I don't even want to watch trailers for these characters anymore what's the point of getting excited for a character when half the shit in the trailer is crap I'll never do. It's like wow look at all the neat stuff in this game that I'm not allowed to do without turning all this other crap on, not to mention having to get lucky with the lootboxes to even have the moves in the first place. The variation system had issues sure but if I wanted to use unbreakable Sub Zero in a competitive match I fucking could no problem.

Last edited:

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Both really. I think it would be smart for NRS to put in more into I2, stages, gear, characters, etc. There is a strong casual market for DC fans that products content for both competitive and casual players can enjoy. Like the game isn't even a year old yet.

As for MK11 I'm sure we will see news of it in a few months after the turtles drop and then we will be back to blood and violence in 2019

Oh god how do people not get this. Look at Red Hood, pretty boring huh? Now look at Red Hood with Gear moves wow this character is all of a sudden cool now, this is the same deal for several characters, to the point where I don't even want to watch trailers for these characters anymore what's the point of getting excited for a character when half the shit in the trailer is crap I'll never do. It's like wow look at all the neat stuff in this game that I'm not allowed to do without turning all this other crap on, not to mention having to get lucky with the lootboxes to even have the moves in the first place. The variation system had issues sure but if I wanted to use unbreakable Sub Zero in a competitive match I fucking could no problem.
Abilities are an opportunity for NRS to allow players to play around with busted-ass powerful moves (especially to even the playing field against tough multiverse bosses), I don't think they should be considered a "missing" part of a character kit. I've heard plenty of horror stories about the cancerous builds out there in non-competitive PvP. Also, Red Hood is boring? That's your opinion, and one that a fuckload of people would disagree with.

Raider

Noob
Also we on PC just got the game like 2 months ago and i think that Injustice 2 still have a lot to offer.
It would be so cool if they released one (free for everyone) stage with every Fighter Pack, that's 3 bonus stages. I am saying this because i see lots of requests for new stages. Feels like a wasted opportunity to me.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I thought 2 years was the perfect life span for MKX, just as I was getting bored Injustice 2 came out. However I'm already getting vored of Injustice 2... its just nowhere near as fun to play. Bring on MK11