What's new

New Fighter Pack or New MK11?

Do you want NRS to make another Fighter Pack or NRS to focus more on MK11?

• I want another Fighter Pack

• Give me MK11 sooner than later

• Focus on both equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The lifespan of this game has been a rollercoaster to say the least. Injustice 2 had its ups and most definitely its downs. BUT the game has had success winning awards for Best Fighting Game of 2017 at the Game Awards. But is that enough to keep our interest after the final character in FP3 is released or are we ready for the MAIN course, Mortal Kombat!

So what do you guys want to see after the TMNT release. Do you want another Fighter Pack for Injustice 2 or do you want NRS to focus on the development of MK11. Uncle JBeezY made a poll. HEEEEY! Vote and let me know in the comments below!

Let's have a discussion!

Righteous ;)

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Or we could be like every other FG community and not need any other incentive other than the game itself to keep playing. This kind of shit feeds into why our games plummet in life span after two years.

With that said, the answer should be both.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'm thinking spring 2019.
It matches their usual timeline, the only reason I say 2020 is cause I remember reading an article awhile back saying that NRS planned to step away from their modded unreal engine 3.5 after Injustice 2's release. I'm hoping they pick up Unreal Engine 4 and work on fixing the current consistency and hitbox issues we see so many complaints over.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Or we could be like every other FG community and not need any other incentive other than the game itself to keep playing. This kind of shit feeds into why our games plummet in life span after two years.

With that said, the answer should be both.
It doesn't help that NRS insists on releasing a game every 2 years and dropping all support for the previous release. I'm still playing MKX even though hardly anyone else is. Would still be playing MK9 if the online wasn't totally dead and MKX hadn't spoiled us with the updated netcode. People are always gonna jump ship to the newest release. It's sad. Wish NRS would space their releases out a little bit. Hell Capcom waited 8 years to go from SFIV to SFV.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I'll say it: Gear has killed this game more so than variations "killed" MKX.

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.

Give us Fighter Pack 4. DLC stages. New premier skins. Legacy characters (Shazam & Sinestro plz) and keep the game alive. Begging for MK11 so soon just makes the whole short cycle of ppl playing NRS games until the new one drops even worse.

Lengthen the game's life cycle NRS. Give us QoL changes. More plz.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It doesn't help that NRS insists on releasing a game every 2 years and dropping all support for the previous release. I'm still playing MKX even though hardly anyone else is. Would still be playing MK9 if the online wasn't totally dead and MKX hadn't spoiled us with the updated netcode. People are always gonna jump ship to the newest release. It's sad. Wish NRS would space their releases out a little bit. Hell Capcom waited 8 years to go from SFIV to SFV.
I feel what you're saying, and of course ppl are always gonna naturally go to the newest game, but they always go back to the classics that were super fun! Personally, to me, i do NOT see myself going back to this game once its complete. It hasnt even been out for a full year i believe and already im just over it. Its fun when the new characters come out every month, but the mechanics of the game, the characters, the failed execution of great ideas just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth in this game. Not even to mention the bitching EVERY FUCKING DAY about something ppl find wrong with this game. Its annoying, and im hella over it. And by looking at the poll, alot of ppl feel the same way as well.

I have a feeling the new MK won't be released until there's a new PlayStation console, more like 2020.

I don't even particularly want new characters either. The roster is fairly huge. What I'd love to see are regular balance patches, and instead of new characters if they could find a balanced way to allow gear moves into competitive play.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I feel what you're saying, and of course ppl are always gonna naturally go to the newest game, but they always go back to the classics that were super fun! Personally, to me, i do NOT see myself going back to this game once its complete. It hasnt even been out for a full year i believe and already im just over it. Its fun when the new characters come out every month, but the mechanics of the game, the characters, the failed execution of great ideas just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth in this game. Not even to mention the bitching EVERY FUCKING DAY about something ppl find wrong with this game. Its annoying, and im hella over it. And by looking at the poll, alot of ppl feel the same way as well.
I'm over it as well. Went back to MKX about 2 months after I2's release. That being said, I never was big into DC anyways, always been an MK guy. Stuck it out through IGAU, but I just couldn't do it this time around.

Skedar70

Noob
I think this game is dying faster than mkx. Lets see if there is another season of the pro league. I doubt any more fighter packs will come out. People who bought the complete edition wont be happy if they have to buy more characters.

I want MK11 soon. I loved MK9, IGAU, & MKX but for some reason Injustice 2 doesn't click with me all that much. I still play it but it's on and off with me and currently i'm only really back to see if I like Enchantress. The "fresh idea" with this game was supposed to be gear, which I think was executed poorly. It's way too tedious and the addition of AI fighting for you makes it seems like they knew that people weren't gonna wanna do it. The zoning meta makes online unfun, as well as the constant Supergirls. I don't hate this game at all and I enjoyed it at the start but it never really attracted me long term unlike MK. Honestly after a couple weeks of Enchantress i'm probably not gonna play until the Turtles come out. As much as I love DC I want MK11 more than anything else. I really hope they fix these problems with IJ3.