What's new

New Fighter Pack or New MK11?

Do you want NRS to make another Fighter Pack or NRS to focus more on MK11?

• I want another Fighter Pack

• Give me MK11 sooner than later

• Focus on both equally.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raider

Noob
I thought 2 years was the perfect life span for MKX, just as I was getting bored Injustice 2 came out. However I'm already getting vored of Injustice 2... its just nowhere near as fun to play. Bring on MK11
I find Injustice 2 more fun than MKX.
I wasn't really big fan of Injustice: TGAU but i think that i prefer Injustice 2 over MKX. I feel like there is more content and depth in Injustice 2.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I find Injustice 2 more fun than MKX.
I wasn't really big fan of Injustice: TGAU but i think that i prefer Injustice 2 over MKX. I feel like there is more content and depth in Injustice 2.
I also feel like theres more content and depth in this game. It's also much better balanced. But the gameplay just isnt as fun for me, and thats a million times more important to me.
With my main in mkx I was devoted to discovering tech, spending time in the la and sharing what I found on here. In injustice, I enjoy my main, but nowhere near enough to spend as much time discovering tech like I did in MKX. Feels more like a chore for me. I think I'll get another month out of this game and I'll be done sadly :(

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
The FGC has failed to keep any NRS game "alive". Gear doesn't factor into that at all. These games all have an expiration date, and that is usually a few months after a new NRS game is announced. Furthermore, it isn't their responsibility to keep the game "alive", it's yours. It's the communities. Keep playing. Keep showing up for tournaments. Keep stream numbers high. Organize and keep the interest. The whole point of a "community" is exactly this.
This actually makes sense

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Mk and injustice are very different games which is what keeps things fresh. I would like to have gear in all the future installments if its purely cosmetic. Mkx was great but it had a lot of tier shifting nonsense/ unbalanced crap. Injustice 2 does a better job here and I believe NRS games can only get better from this point. A lot of people here really dislike casual players. I don't get it. The bigger the community, the better

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Honestly, I really did not get into depth with MKX like most of you did. I really did not like the running mechanics of that game and it was too fast paced. So i see why MK9 is still popular in alot of minds.

So Uncle JBeezY's new question is....For MK11 would prefer more of the mechanics of MKX or MK9 ?Question mark?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Honestly, I really did not get into depth with MKX like most of you did. I really did not like the running mechanics of that game and it was too fast paced. So i see why MK9 is still popular in alot of minds.

So Uncle JBeezY's new question is....For MK11 would prefer more of the mechanics of MKX or MK9 ?Question mark?
More MK9. I like the dash option and that pretty universal compared to the other games I play and it's fine. I do miss the mechanic that was not intended (dash blocking) and doubt NRS will ever bring that back. But boy did that movement feel so nice when I played MK9 lol.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

Don't care lol I just want tag back so bad :'(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

I didn’t play 9 but MKX without run, no stamina, toned down 50/50s, better zoning, less of the crazy half screen mids, and no more double digit plus frames

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
More MK9. I like the dash option and that pretty universal compared to the other games I play and it's fine. I do miss the mechanic that was not intended (dash blocking) and doubt NRS will ever bring that back. But boy did that movement feel so nice when I played MK9 lol.
Honestly, now that i think about it, i really did have more fun with MK9. Well, at least i played it longer than MKX lol

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I don't think it's healthy to view this through a binary lens. Injustice 2 does a pretty masterful (in my opinion) job of appealing to a wider range of players than most fighting games. The genre is a bit of a niche by definition, so to have real success in the market there needs to be some sort of hook to grab players who wouldn't pick up a fighter normally. A game like MvC usually relies on brand and character roster, although they hamstrung themselves a bit leaving off X-men and other fan-favorites. Injustice 2 has a great license, incredibly high production value, story mode that isn't a glorified tutorial, and long term PvE appeal with the multiverse/gear grind. Gear is pretty obviously targeted towards the casual player, but has some crossover appeal. I don't think either demographic (casual players or hardcore fighting game enthusiast) is being under served here.
You're right, and to be clear I wasn't implying anyone got underserved. I was trying to make clear why specifically NRS fighting games have this issue of needing to update their game / making more DLC characters, while some other fighting games don't seem to have this problem. Not saying one situation is better from the other per se.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I'll say it: Gear has killed this game more so than variations "killed" MKX.

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.

Give us Fighter Pack 4. DLC stages. New premier skins. Legacy characters (Shazam & Sinestro plz) and keep the game alive. Begging for MK11 so soon just makes the whole short cycle of ppl playing NRS games until the new one drops even worse.

Lengthen the game's life cycle NRS. Give us QoL changes. More plz.
This 100%

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I see your point but the casuals like the gear system. It's definitely kept more people playing the game who would of otherwise dropped it.
Very true. Not to mention that there is likeness to the Gear in the competitve scene. Let's be honest, we all like customizing the chars, and some of us go after the Legendary Gear and try it in the none comeptitive settings. On top of that, the support for this game would have end anyway, and that is because of WB and not NRS. it has nothing to do with the Gear and the Gear only helped IJ2 just like the Variations only helped MKX.

MK11 , that's for sure ! I like this life cycle with MK and Injustice coming out each 2 years between them, so, Injustice had its highlight in 2017, and still will be relevant in 2018, but, in 2019, it's time to a new MK game come out and shines ! I like Injustice and enjoy the game, but I simply love the MK franchise more, so, I'm always first a MK fan, so, I think majority here just cannot wait for the leak news about a new MK to start to appears sooner or later this year, hehe ! :D
So true as well. Always an MK fan first. IJ is a great series but MK is the best fighting franchie.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

Either of them will be great in their own right. If they bring another set of mechanics that is completely new, that's good as well. Also, have you ever played UMVC3? That game is WAY faster then MKX.

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The obvious answer should be 'both'. Surely they have enough money at WB that they can leave some of the team on continuing support for Injustice 2 until MK11 comes out. The year gap where there's no new content for the old game and we're still waiting on the new game is weird.

Roy Arkon

The obvious answer should be 'both'. Surely they have enough money at WB that they can leave some of the team on continuing support for Injustice 2 until MK11 comes out. The year gap where there's no new content for the old game and we're still waiting on the new game is weird.
Yeah, if I would have to pick one I would go for MK11 for sure, but if both things could've happen then yeah that should be the answer. Maybe WB just want to give NRS the proper time to work on the nest game, and if that's the case I suppose it is fine, not to mention that IJ2 is already full of characters and content.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Yeah, if I would have to pick one I would go for MK11 for sure, but if both things could've happen then yeah that should be the answer. Maybe WB just want to give NRS the proper time to work on the nest game, and if that's the case I suppose it is fine, not to mention that IJ2 is already full of characters and content.
If they continue to patch it and add shaders and maybe some gear and whatnot we don't need more characters, but leaving the game for dead after a year is a peculiar NRS problem that should stop.

Roy Arkon

If they continue to patch it and add shaders and maybe some gear and whatnot we don't need more characters, but leaving the game for dead after a year is a peculiar NRS problem that should stop.
I don't mind it that much TBH, but yeah shaders and Gear could be nice. And maybe they will add them. NRS did patch MKX several months after KP2 came, maybe they will add another patch at the end for IJ2 and this time with new Gear and shaders. Of course if they won't I won't be surprised, considering what WB focuses more and what they allow NRS to do.

Roy Arkon

What's funny is they find time to add content to MKX mobile, but not MKX. I know that's where the money's at. Doesn't stop it from sucking any less though.
It is a lot easier to add content to a mobile game then a console and/or PC game, that another reason in addition to money.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'll say it: Gear has killed this game more so than variations "killed" MKX.

And by "kill"--I'm saying that the time and resources that the NRS team is putting into something strictly cosmetic has taken away from development of other assets within the game. The FGC is what keeps games alive, not 13 yr old Timmy who wants a Green Arrow hood and is grinding multiverse to get it.

Give us Fighter Pack 4. DLC stages. New premier skins. Legacy characters (Shazam & Sinestro plz) and keep the game alive. Begging for MK11 so soon just makes the whole short cycle of ppl playing NRS games until the new one drops even worse.

Lengthen the game's life cycle NRS. Give us QoL changes. More plz.
And Lex and Doomsday

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
WOOOOOW! 27 voted I want another Fighter Pack

and 63 voted Give me MK11 sooner than later.

90 votes total, almost 100! The amount of responses is fuckin' awesome! THANK YOU! Keep it up guys! Y'all are so Righteous ;)