What's new

NetherRealm scene on fire as question sparks debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I'm just wondering if Boon would have reacted the same way if someone else asked the same question - verbatim - on Twitter.

Anyways, feel free to resume the discussion, but keep it classy please.
I don't think it would've been any different, TBH.

I've never agreed with the negative connotations attached to arguments. People can discuss and argue their points, even passionately, without being hostile or demeaning toward others.

Also, someone asked earlier if chess was a sport (I think not but), does anyone here play online? I love the game

Belial

Noob
Apparently no matter how Ed Boon tries to keep in touch with pro-scene he doesnt understand it, which is sad, at the very least.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm just wondering if Boon would have reacted the same way if someone else asked the same question - verbatim - on Twitter.

Anyways, feel free to resume the discussion, but keep it classy please.
Clearly not, because other people asked or alluded to this before Pig and even EventHubs I believe had an article about this and Boon didn’t respond to anyone but Pig.

I actually don’t miss competing one bit. There’s nothing for me to gain from it and t definitely isn’t worth the effort. The question was fair to ask and received over 4K notifications, this stemmed from a private DM and it was me asked to put it out there. Kindly fuck off kid
Don't care how it's done, its the fact that you think nrs needs you to hype the game up. Actually competitors are hyping the game up not this twitter poll nonsense. Move on

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Anyway no more need for this, i deleted the original tweet to stop the notifications and move on. Peace
Probably for the best bro but yeah this was a super weird overreaction from Boon. Like why did a Twitter poll obviously in the vein of building hype of all things trigger him lol? Like are we the general public missing some vital context clue as to why he'd snap on you specifically? Did you make fun of his eyebrows lol?

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I'm sorry but you're wrong on that one. Both games had equal amount of viable playstyles.

Reptile, Mileena, HQT Predator, Quan Chi, Sektor, Acidic Alien himself all have great Zoning. For defensive specifically, Noxious Reptile is a more balanced Variation between offense and defense. Also Reptile was a good character against Alien and Quan, I myself beat almost every Alien I've faced with my Reptile and Quan wasn't that much of a problem either.
Quan chi was universally regarded as the least defensive character in the game!!! He was the definition of a glass cannon. Bad/slow armored attacks, and the worst wakeup in the game. In vanilla, even his pokes sucked.

Dude, you post so much, but you're wrong so often it's crazy. And you're so damn stubborn.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Quan chi was universally regarded as the least defensive character in the game!!! He was the definition of a glass cannon. Bad/slow armored attacks, and the worst wakeup in the game. In vanilla, even his pokes sucked.

Dude, you post so much, but you're wrong so often it's crazy. And you're so damn stubborn.
I was talking about Quan's Zoning, not his defense capabilities. Just this week alone we had a discussion about Zoning can be offensive. You even contributed and proved to that point with your post on Dr. Fate. Even in this particular post, I've separated, the defense and Zoning parts for Quan, as I've only talked about Noxious Reptile regarding defense specifically. I wasn't saying Quan was a defensive char nor that his Zoning was for defense whatsoever.

Read the post carefully and please remember your own posts before you post another one and make yourself look stupid. I'm sorry.

Now can we please go back to the topic?

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Probably for the best bro but yeah this was a super weird overreaction from Boon. Like why did a Twitter poll obviously in the vein of building hype of all things trigger him lol? Like are we the general public missing some vital context clue as to why he'd snap on you specifically? Did you make fun of his eyebrows lol?
This is not how snapping on someone looks like.
Boon is not some random dude who has nothing better to do than to not only follow every shitposter on the web, but also to reply to everyone. He occasionally uses Twitter though, so there's that.

How can you keep the competitive scene interesting without raising hot topics like this? Not like this question is new.
I dunno, I was under impression we have competitive events for that specific purpose.

If players feel like maintaining some sort of rivalry they will manage to do so themselves, without this "help" from bitter ex-player who maintains a small community so infested with toxicity and sense of exclusiveness that I'm occasionally starting to believe in this entire "I'm making NRS community a favour" narrative just because he keeps this shit contained.

But on the other hand, SF and Dragon don't mind playing along, so who am I to judge vOv

Frankly, I don't see anything really wrong with Pig's actions either, but it confuses me a great deal as to why people decided to stir drama around Boon's response. Okay, I get it, Pig can't take some heat, even imaginary, but the rest?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Frankly, I don't see anything really wrong with Pig's actions either, but it confuses me a great deal as to why people decided to stir drama around Boon's response. Okay, I get it, Pig can't take some heat, even imaginary, but the rest?
Y’all are completely missing the point.

First of all, Pig didn’t do anything to warrant “heat” in the first place. He wasn’t talking shit, wasn’t attacking anyone, etc. He proposed a harmless question.

Secondly, if some random dude said “Stop stirring shit up”, he woulda been ignored most likely. But Ed Boon isn’t some random dude. He’s the co-creator of MK, the creative director for NRS. Why is he getting involved in this manner? Even IF Pig WAS talking shit or purposely “stirring shit up”, that still wouldn’t make sense for Boon to call Pig out like that. It would be more warranted on Boon’s part, but it still wouldn’t make sense for someone of his stature to be commenting in the nature that he did. But all of that is moot because Pig tweet was harmless and wasn’t meant to be what Boon’s making it out to be.

Like I said in a previous post though, it’s not like it’s the end of the world. It’s just a strange move by Boon.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Y’all are completely missing the point.

First of all, Pig didn’t do anything to warrant “heat” in the first place. He wasn’t talking shit, wasn’t attacking anyone, etc. He proposed a harmless question.

Secondly, if some random dude said “Stop stirring shit up”, he woulda been ignored most likely. But Ed Boon isn’t some random dude. He’s the co-creator of MK, the creative director for NRS. Why is he getting involved in this manner? Even IF Pig WAS talking shit or purposely “stirring shit up”, that still wouldn’t make sense for Boon to call Pig out like that. It would be more warranted on Boon’s part, but it still wouldn’t make sense for someone of his stature to be commenting in the nature that he did. But all of that is moot because Pig tweet was harmless and wasn’t meant to be what Boon’s making it out to be.

Like I said in a previous post though, it’s not like it’s the end of the world. It’s just a strange move by Boon.
Well, the thing is that I think people overreact to Boon's comment the same way others may think Boon overreacted to Pig's question. I know it's customary to read deeply into what higher-ups say or post, but for all we know Boon could just be an old-fashioned man who didn't think of concept of making hype in a way that in some other situation could be something leading to conflict at the time of posting. Or something along these lines.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I was the one who posted that EventHubs article. I can confirm that I never heard anything negative about it from Ed Boon or anyone from the NRS team. Figured it was just a harmless topic...
That's likely because noone cares about articles on that particular site.
Also, you asked who's accomplishments are greater, when Pig asked who's the true champion. There's a difference.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Exactly. I mean this whole thing sounds a bit blown out of proportion. The "true champion" topic at hand though is pretty interesting.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This is not how snapping on someone looks like.
Boon is not some random dude who has nothing better to do than to not only follow every shitposter on the web, but also to reply to everyone. He occasionally uses Twitter though, so there's that.
I don't follow you. Is this a language barrier thing? I mean "snap on/at" based on the idiom. As in Boon had an usually harsh response to a seemingly neutral Twitter poll.

Cashual

I was talking about Quan's Zoning, not his defense capabilities. Just this week alone we had a discussion about Zoning can be offensive. You even contributed and proved to that point with your post on Dr. Fate. Even in this particular post, I've separated, the defense and Zoning parts for Quan, as I've only talked about Noxious Reptile regarding defense specifically. I wasn't saying Quan was a defensive char nor that his Zoning was for defense whatsoever.

Read the post carefully and please remember your own posts before you post another one and make yourself look stupid. I'm sorry.

Now can we please go back to the topic?
You were replying to a question regarding what characters in MKX were strong at playing a viable defensive playstyle and I think you're just wrong.

Yes his zoning in summoner was phenomenal....but I don't necessarily think of full screen mixups applied in his style really constitutes defense whatsoever.

I do agree that zoning can be defensive, absolutely, but I don't think that applies here really at all. And the fact that Quan had good zoning in and of itself doesn't make him a strong defensive character when considered with the rest of his tools, or lack there of, defensively.

To get cornered as Quan on a stage with no armorable escape interactable was lights out.

You are moving the goalposts, and that seems to be a trend with you.

Cashual

Which MKX chars had strong defensive tools? which didn’t get mopped by Alien or mixed up by Summoner Quan? I mained Sorcerer/Summoner btw.

Seems to me like you didn’t play the game.
@Roy Arkon

This is the post you quoted and replied to. So unless your point was that Quan Chi was good against Alien or against....Quan Chi.....

Honestly you're exhausting to go back and forth with because you never admit that you're wrong, nor do you back down from any of your opinions, even faced with evidence to the contrary.

Anyway I'm done, I've helped derail 2 threads in 2 days, so clearly I need a break lol.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
@Roy Arkon

This is the post you quoted and replied to. So unless your point was that Quan Chi was good against Alien or against....Quan Chi.....

Honestly you're exhausting to go back and forth with because you never admit that you're wrong, nor do you back down from any of your opinions, even faced with evidence to the contrary.

Anyway I'm done, I've helped derail 2 threads in 2 days, so clearly I need a break lol.
I just started to ignore un moveable people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.