What's new

NetherRealm scene on fire as question sparks debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
Pig's tweet reminds me of the old guard approach of hyping things up so that is always welcome. Games should have storylines, drama and dialogue. People treat all storylines like they're toxic for some reason lately.

This just seems like an example of people not staying in their own lane.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This question/Tweet stemmed from a private DM group of 50 where sonic and dragon were in good nature going back and forth debating on who is actually the champion.

All of us chimed in, the debate was fun and awesome. We in the chat were getting hype for 2018 so i took the conversation in good nature to the public eye for more hype, create some interest in KIT and other future tournaments and then the CEO of the company shits on me in public for doing so.

It’s insanely uncalled for, in 24 hours i received more than 3k notifications about the topic. People were magically hype and interested again. I tried rivakry of champions has been born and the NRS head shut down the hype and made me look like an asshole.

So if the head of the company shits on me what’s the point of aiding the scene, creating hype events, helping develop narratives and storylines that we sorely miss from 2011-2014 era HELL even 2015 era w Yomi and CO. Vs Cowboy.

This was a puzzling move by Ed and I’m frankly pissed off about it. All of you know i don’t compete anymore because of career and family and this basically shuts down any energy i had to be an advocate for the scene and hype.

I’ll also add there was no demoralizing toxicity at all in the original tweet, i even told a dude who tried to make toxic to “keep it respectful and hype”

Super disappointing move

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
This question/Tweet stemmed from a private DM group of 50 where sonic and dragon were in good nature going back and forth debating on who is actually the champion.

All of us chimed in, the debate was fun and awesome. We in the chat were getting hype for 2018 so i took the conversation in good nature to the public eye for more hype, create some interest in KIT and other future tournaments and then the CEO of the company shits on me in public for doing so.

It’s insanely uncalled for, in 24 hours i received more than 3k notifications about the topic. People were magically hype and interested again. I tried rivakry of champions has been born and the NRS head shut down the hype and made me look like an asshole.

So if the head of the company shits on me what’s the point of aiding the scene, creating hype events, helping develop narratives and storylines that we sorely miss from 2011-2014 era HELL even 2015 era w Yomi and CO. Vs Cowboy.

This was a puzzling move by Ed and I’m frankly pissed off about it. All of you know i don’t compete anymore because of career and family and this basically shuts down any energy i had to be an advocate for the scene and hype.

I’ll also add there was no demoralizing toxicity at all in the original tweet, i even told a dude who tried to make toxic to “keep it respectful and hype”

Super disappointing move
I like what you did Pig. And remember that there is no bad publicity...maybe the fact that Boon chimed in at all means that this will get even more attention

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Super disappointing move
Well, luckily for you and the vast majority of the community who wants to see it, I don't give a fuck about the backlash and will do everything in my power to make this exhibition happen.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I think Pig of the Hut gave Dragon more credit than most in the community. At this point I believe most write off Dragon as the best player despite his accomplishments and I think that Pig creating a poll is answering a question a lot of us have. Let's not forget that Pig was one of the first people hyping up Dragon sometime last year at a major when he got top 16 (can't remember the specific tournament) and congratulating him afterwards. I think Dragon is the best player in INJ2 right now because Sonic is trying to make a name for himself in every community while also being top 4 whil hardly playing.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ed Boon.. One of the biggest trolls in Twitter history... Doesn't like drama.... ?

*Hands back your logic -- here my friend, you've dropped this at the door* :p
lol I mean serious drama that nobody cares for, not throwing people off for fun.:p Put yourself in his position, you have millions of fans telling you what to do, who to put in, what would you do? lol Nothing wrong with a little fun man, his trolling is innocent fun. Drama though, never ends well. I'd say TMNT hyped the game enough with that reveal, wouldn't you say? We can have friendly competition without getting serious but sadly there's always those who incite it to be serious. It's a game. Nah I just call it how it is bro. There's more important things to worry about what can I say?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I found his response to the debate odd...there wasn't any disrespect meant by it. It was a legit debate on what the people think. And it sparked hype at the thought of an exhibition between the two. It could have been ridden really hard and would have been super fun to see build up. Would have been good for the scene, as well.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
lol I mean serious drama that nobody cares for, not throwing people off for fun.:p Put yourself in his position, you have millions of fans telling you what to do, who to put in, what would you do? lol Nothing wrong with a little fun man. Drama though, never ends well.
Asking who's the best in a game or sport is definitely not 'serious drama' -- I'd categorize it as 'competitive hype'.

And I can't think of a single case of it not ending well -- usually it's lots of fun for everybody involved and results in some of the most memorable matches (CD Jr. vs. Tyrant, Cowboy vs. King, GGA vs. the EU, Sonic vs. PL, etc).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I’m all for the drama lol stir that shit tf up Pig!

This is site and scene is pretty dry atm so why not have a little debate?

Shit I’ll add to it. I think Sonic is the best NRS player, but when it comes to being the best I2 player, you can’t really argue that it’s Dragon. I mean, Evo and ELeague...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I’m all for the drama lol stir that shit tf up Pig!

This is site and scene is pretty dry atm so why not have a little debate?

Shit I’ll add to it. I think Sonic is the best NRS player, but when it comes to being the best I2 player, you can’t really argue that it’s Dragon. I mean, Evo and ELeague...
This depends on if you're talking about skill, or accomplishments :)

We don't have a true playoffs (The only one we did have, IPS, Sonic won), so ELEAGUE and EVO are still essentially just two individual tournaments.

I'm a big Dragon supporter (nicest guy of all time), and he is no doubt the winner in accomplishments -- but I think this is actually an interesting debate skill-wise.

MKF30

Asking who's the best in a game or sport is definitely not 'serious drama' -- I'd categorize it as 'competitive hype'.

And I can't think of a single case of it not ending well -- usually it's lots of fun for everybody involved and results in some of the most memorable matches (CD Jr. vs. Tyrant, Cowboy vs. King, GGA vs. the EU, Sonic vs. PL, etc).
Constantly comparing two talented players for drama always gets serious. Do Fox and Dragon have issues with each other? I'm curious, if not then I see no reason to go nuts over this. See, I see a difference between "competitive hype" and "inciting unnecessary drama" there's friendly competition but I can tell when people try to turn it into a war or personal issue. I agree that always fun seeing solid players play other solid players in general whether it's online or off, tourneys etc. I just don't see the need to make it personal at this point. You think NRS wants people to fight over their game or have friendly competition? Dude, I used to take this shit personally too way back lol but I've come to learn it's not a big deal. I support NRS, I buy their games, buy their tourney skins etc but I personally don't care for any drama surrounding players.

I look forward to this site for updates, game updates, watching good matches but the personal drama I couldn't care for. It's just not needed, my opinion but you can disagree if you wish. That's fine.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Constantly comparing two talented players for drama always gets serious. Do Fox and Dragon have issues with each other? I'm curious, if not then I see no reason to go nuts over this. See, I see a difference between "competitive hype" and "inciting unnecessary drama" there's friendly competition but I can tell when people try to turn it into a war or personal issue. I agree that always fun seeing solid players play other solid players in general whether it's online or off, tourneys etc. I just don't see the need to make it personal at this point. You think NRS wants people to fight over their game or have friendly competition? Dude, I used to take this shit personally too way back lol but I've come to learn it's not a big deal. I support NRS, I buy their games, buy their tourney skins etc but I personally don't care for any drama surrounding players.

I look forward to this site for updates, game updates, watching good matches but the personal drama I couldn't care for. It's just not needed, my opinion but you can disagree if you wish. That's fine.
There's nothing personal about asking who's better.

That's just sports, baby (I'm guessing you're not a sports fan).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This depends on if you're talking about skill, or accomplishments :)

We don't have a true playoffs (The only one we did have, IPS, Sonic won), so ELEAGUE and EVO are still essentially just two individual tournaments.

I'm a big Dragon supporter (nicest guy of all time), but I think this is actually an interesting debate.
I couldn’t care less for Dragon lol but I mean, he has the 2 biggest I2 tournaments under his belt.

I love sonic. He knows that. Everyone knows he’s the best player, but he doesn’t have the 2 wins. I’m sure he’ll beat dragon free but when it comes to accomplishments, Dragon has that

This reminds me of the PL vs REO debate back in MK9. PL is dragon. Reo is sonic.

MKF30

There's nothing personal about asking who's better.

That's just sports, baby (I'm guessing you're not a sports fan).
Just saying drama isn't necessarily, but friendly hype sure.

Of course but this is video games lol not sports man. Not knocking it or anything but you have to be mentally as well as physically skilled in real sports. I used to play. I've also played MK and gaming at higher levels before, trust me real sports are far more difficult and demanding of your body. I'm a big sports fan actually, used to play baseball, hockey, bowling, dodgeball and love Yankees, Rangers(NHL), Giants. Huge Yankee fan. With my newer job I hardly have time to post in general online. That's fine though, I'm making more money so it's all good.

Last edited:

nugava

Noob
It's always fun to read and watch Pig of the Hut. He's so emotional. Like Tom Brady, when he gets pissed off, it's fun to watch. And I love Pig and Brady, I always root for them. And they've done so much for the community.
Pig of the Hut and Tom Brady, they're like John McEnroe... You love them, but when the referee strike against them, you can't contain your laughter.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
How you go about though is the difference and this isn't sports, it's a video game esports... Not knocking it but you can't compare a video game to actual real sports come on, you have to be mentally as well as physically skilled in real sports. I've also played MK and gaming at higher levels before, trust me real sports are far more difficult and demanding of your body. I'm a big sports fan actually, used to play baseball, bowling, dodgeball and love Yankees, Rangers(NHL), Giants. You don't know me very well but that's normal lol. With my newer job I hardly have time to post in general online. That's fine though, I'm making more money so it's all good.
Do you consider chess a sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.