Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Dr Fate

Votes: 28 16.9%

• Total voters

AkioOf100

I play Raph
im sorry but what LMFAO just no my eyes
? I feel lik
Cheetah's lunge/pounce mobility is her great strength. The low profiling is part of her design and her pounces require a lot of thought to be useful -- if you YOLO you get punished. That execution should be rewarded. Her f3 is the best in the game, probably, but it's also just about her only way to advance safely.

She is balanced by having the following flaws:
  • Almost all her strings have very punishable gaps
  • No real neutral game to speak of: no forward-advancing special, no good advancing strings or normals, stubby arms
  • No projectile
  • No real chip
  • Divekick is punishable
  • Wake-up is full combo punishable
  • Poor MB roll versus the rest of the cast
  • Highly meter-dependent for damage unless you have trait
She's good, don't get me wrong! Solid character. But she is not OP by any means. Very high-risk/high-reward. You just need to learn the matchup if you're having trouble punishing her, because she's very punishable.

I play Cheetah and Canary, and if you asked me which of those rushdown mix characters you should really be worried about, Cheetah would not be my answer.
Well do you mind helping me “learn the matchup”? My PSN is AkioOf100.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
You have a Black Adam avatar, I’d be careful asking for nerfs to other characters
Here are Adams weaknesses for those who haven't touched the char for more than 5mins.

Short backdash
Slow backdash
Poor invincibility on backdash (all above makes it hard to impossible to whiff punish advancing strings or gaps within strings)
Slow walk speed
No wake up attack
D2 is decent but loses to strong air attacks
No far reaching advancing mids
F12 is a great whiff + combo punisher but gets low profiled, it can't just be thrown out there on the neutral. Any decent player will react and punish you.

B12 (trait)is my mid of choice though limits combo opportunities without trait.
D1 into anything has gaps, making his counter attack game a bit risky.

He's not a zoner, doesn't have the best rushdown tools & he doesn't have the best defensive tools either.

We couldn't say he is an all around archetype like SF Ryu or MK9 Lao.

Adam is strong but definitely not OP.

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Only reason I think cheetah is so strong is because of her ability to get in and hit you, while making it extremely hard to hit her. I think it’s really easy to open someone up with cheetah.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Here are Adams weaknesses for those who haven't touched the char for more than 5mins.

Short backdash
Slow backdash
Poor invincibility on backdash (all above makes it hard to impossible to whiff punish advancing strings or gaps within strings)
Slow walk speed
No wake up attack
D2 is decent but loses to strong air attacks
No far reaching advancing mids
F12 is a great whiff + combo punisher but gets low profiled, it can't just be thrown out there on the neutral. Any decent player will react and publish you.

B12 (trait)is my mid of choice though limits combo opportunities without trait.
D1 into anything has gaps, making his counter attack game a bit risky.

He's not a zoner, doesn't have the best rushdown tools & he doesn't have the best defensive tools either.

We couldn't say he is an all around archetype like SF Ryu or MK9 Lao.

Adam is strong but definitely not OP.
Flash is also strong but not OP

There is a 6 frame-ish buffer window for frame perfect normals so once you get the hang of it, it’ll be clear as day.
Is it confirmed 6 frames? I had thought it was an extra 2 so 6 frame punishes had a total 3 frame window of success.

And I only assume that because of a post of a tweet

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I think Supes, Black Adam, and Super Girl are gonna be your top tiers--in that order. But IMO I would only give slight nerfs to either Supe's zoning or his pressure (not both), slightly adjust mb low lightning or mb divekick on Black Adam, and maybe make slight hitbox/pushback adjustments to Super Girl.

Firestorm could very well be a problem, but it's too early to tell.

Scarecrow needs to have the recovery frames on a whiffed command grab increased so you can punish his pressure with a backdash/neutral jump easier.

Catwoman needs her blockstun adjusted so her negative moves actually punishable (much like Robin's run issue).

That's it though. The rest seems fair to me.

So anyone without a 6frames d1 is stucked in a frame trap? also 6frames gap lol you gotta be frame perfect.
212 has a 7f gap you can stop it consistantly with his 6f d1 once you lab it, none of his trait cancel are plus they are all negative the best one 212 trait cancel is still -1 you get a free d1 check If you have a 6f d1.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Is it confirmed 6 frames? I had thought it was an extra 2 so 6 frame punishes had a total 3 frame window of success.

And I only assume that because of a post of a tweet
I mean, it’s tight and all.The timing is much more lenient than frame perfect(frame perfect is absolute bs for me) so I suppose that it is a 6~ frame buffer window.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I mean, it’s tight and all.The timing is much more lenient than frame perfect(frame perfect is absolute bs for me) so I suppose that it is a 6~ frame buffer window.
Pretty sure the normal buffer window is 3f, but it's been ages since the post explaining it, and I'd have a hard time finding it again.

grogchugger

99 percent sodium free!
it's okay if some characters have things that are broke as long as they have weaknesses in other areas. those are my thoughts like, nerfing cheetah and flash is kinda silly.

Wigy

There it is...
Not saying otherwise, just make his rushdown mix ups less brain dead.
You have a 3/4 screen launcher that jails into f12 on block.

Black adam is definitely just as braindead.

Probably way more tbh. Everyone has a pocket adam.

If we’re nerfing flash based on him being too strong, plenty of characters that should go first, if we’re nerfing cause hes braindead, again there are much worse offenders most of which are higher tier.

If people want to design cause of his polarising ‘really weak here so really stupid here to make up for it’ i’d be annoyed if they didnt redesign cheetah.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
You have a 3/4 screen launcher that jails into f12 on block.

Black adam is definitely just as braindead.

Probably way more tbh. Everyone has a pocket adam.

If we’re nerfing flash based on him being too strong, plenty of characters that should go first, if we’re nerfing cause hes braindead, again there are much worse offenders most of which are higher tier.

If people want to design cause of his polarising ‘really weak here so really stupid here to make up for it’ i’d be annoyed if they didnt redesign cheetah.
It seems you have not touch Adam for even a minute, MBDK is only plus at certain angles, f1 is a high... good to decent players won't let you get away with it.

DK is one of the best tools in the game, no doubt, have you noticed Dragon only dks like once or twice a match vs good players? wonder why?

Flash is not the only char I want normalized either. All we are asking is for one of his 50/50s that lead to 70-90% corner carry combos to be more punishable on block.
Again only one of two, letting him mix till he opens you up without consequences is brain dead.

Also Flash is not a "really weak here" type char, he's an overall good char, very little to no weaknesses.