Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Dr Fate

Votes: 28 16.9%

• Total voters

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Who is my main.. I don't even know how to play Supergirl. LOL. Firstly. I main Beetle. :x
I take that one back then.
Still, command throws are roughly the damage of a regular throw, and for Bane, it's actually less than normal throw. Even by BB standards that isn't "huge", especially now that the patch has landed.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
if its a 50/50, you should be rewarded for guessing right.
If it deals 1/3 of full combo damage, is it okay that you only get your full combo reward 1/3 of times for a correct guess? (Unless you know what you are doing ofc)

Otherwise, what is the point of spending effort to set up a mixup, which requires winning neutral game and conditioning your opponent to not push buttons if it's a zero-sum game at best even then?

Just talking about 50/50 is talking about things in a vacuum. Character tools don't exist in a vacuum. And who knew, some characters are supposed to be scary at the only range where they can do anything. Too bad it's debatable if some of them really are.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Ok .. but you're forced to deal with the guess and if you guess right they're still in the right range to keep their game going.... LOL. My bad for guessing right? I'll guess wrong next time I guess.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Ok .. but you're forced to deal with the guess and if you guess right they're still in the right range to keep their game going.... LOL. My bad for guessing right? I'll guess wrong next time I guess.
They are at disadvantage after that though. At that point only Bane can really get his game going (others have range, but not on that grab), but he is still limited to a very unsafe reads if he decides to. The only exception is if you jump that throw late and do so as a crossup or neutral jump and use slow normal and he reads that to beat it with venom uppercut hopefully in correct direction. Even then the possible trade with air normal makes it a wash in terms of damage. Sure, he still gets his oki, but timer is ticking and it's not Bane's friend in that situation. Remember, that's all in what's supposed to be his forte territory. He is ofc, but it's not like you're out of options even there.

The problem here is that average players like most of us are at best tend to have problems with Injustice 2 pace when it comes to momentum shifts. You know how people complain about trying to punish Flash and his -12 only to get hit with an abare normal? That's literally the same issue. Injustice may be relatively moderately-paced all around, but hoo boy it does have almost Japanese airdasher-tier dynamics in point-blank game, what's with existing framedata and character- and move-specific punishes everywhere.

But that's the name of the game in FGs, I guess. Last (and probably the only) time we were entitled to almost all our punishes was in MK9.

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
But still, my bad for guessing right. Because at that point, Bane armors his next command grab/special, whether or not we decide to take our turn. So. Ya. Hope you can hit twice on the next move AND/OR guess right. Not to complain, just saying. LOL. It's a little ridiculous that you guessed right and the reward is you getting a couple frames of advantage.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
But still, my bad for guessing right. Because at that point, Bane armors his next command grab/special, whether or not we decide to take our turn. So. Ya. Hope you can hit twice on the next move AND/OR guess right. Not to complain, just saying. LOL. It's a little ridiculous that you guessed right and the reward is you getting a couple frames of advantage.
Because it's not just the fact you guessed or not, it's about risk and reward. Bane gets 100-150 points in rewards in that particular situation (and some damage in return, so even less) while your reward clocks up to 400, although that depends on character. You may guess wrong like 4 times and still tie the situation off your 5th guess if it's correct.

So, being minus is still not advantageous for him, even though he fares better there than most characters.

Not to mention that he can't really meaty like he used to in IGAU. MU-specific stuff aside, that means he must condition you into not pressing button, which means playing this guessing game with odds not really in his favor a lot.