Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Dr Fate

Votes: 28 16.9%

• Total voters

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Beetle didn't get overbuffed imo. I know we don't have the patch yet, but no matter how I turn it around it's hard to think he's been overbuffed. Did he need buffs? Well, yeah sort of. Depending on your thought process. I want everyone character to be top 10. So in that regard, yes. Was he a super good mod tier that did just fine before? Absolutely.

Most Beetles who are any good don't whiff shield bash in the first place and if you're setting up the whiff with a bait of some kind then you'll still have enough time to punish. Same more or less goes for traited bash. It recovers faster already but only lost 6f. Now admittedly, the buffs here are going to help beetle avoid damage occasionally but Beetles losing because of whiffed shield bashes (me) aren't the beetles you need to worry about to begin with.

Beetle does really decent damage, I've always maintained that, but since I started maining him I've come to realize how situational his big damage is. Reports that I've seen are noting like 20-40 more damage per certain combos, and most of his big damage stuff isn't going to effected much/at all in the first place. So if we see an extra 100-150 damage spread across a pair of life bars, that's ABSOLUTELY a buff and a damn good one, but I just don't see it skyrocketing him up, or over doing it. It's still situational, but it's super nice.

Hitbox fixes and such don't count.

I'm forgetting something..

Anyway, I think Beetle is going to be great this patch. Potential top 10 and even potentially a position or two in to the top 10. But I still don't think he competes in terms of raw power with the likes Catwoman and SG and Adam and all that.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Joker works out after the patch. I've always found him interesting. I still wish they had made his trait.. not his trait. Or attached some property on to certain specials that auto gained a level.of trait or someshit. I dunno.

Xzyj

Noob
How about we stop nerfing at this point and just buff everyone else to the fun levels of gameplay? Even top tiers of the game at this point don't feel unbalanced, they seem like complete characters, while others struggle in a couple of minor things (even just fixing strings to hit reliably for everyone would be a huge improvement)

Cerbero

Always down for games.
How about we stop nerfing at this point and just buff everyone else to the fun levels of gameplay? Even top tiers of the game at this point don't feel unbalanced, they seem like complete characters, while others struggle in a couple of minor things (even just fixing strings to hit reliably for everyone would be a huge improvement)
Do you really think buffing every char in the game is a good idea? lol I want my Aqua buffs then.

omooba

fear the moobs
Flash has unfuzziable 50/50s that lead into 600 dmg conversions into 25/25/25/25 setups. I'm good. Make them more unsafe by making lightning kick -21 on block if not charged and remove the stagger-ability of d12. Also fix his crouching hitbox, he goes under stuff w/ normals other than sweep.
wasn't this already taken out

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
she need that damage. She have only 2 things: mobility and dmg. Remove 1 and recieve only mobility. She have no mixups, no zoning, no neutral, 1 shitty wakeup

.. She has no mix? She has two unreactable, unblockable command grabs that lead into very high damage combos. I mean, I know you have to read stand or crouch and all that, but thats still a mix. She has mix off her strings using them, she can mix you with lunge cancels, lunge cancels into the grab, she has + frames that lead into pressure. God help you if you ever have to block a F3. Her crazy + restand leads to mix... etc.

I know she has gaps and weaknesses, of course she does, thats why shes not the best character in the game or anything.. But she's enormously strong and she doesnt *only* have mobility and damage.

And before someone comes in with "OMG NO SHE DOESNT HAVE MIX YOU CAN POKE AND OS AND FUZZY AND BLAH BLAH AND NO ONE GETS HIT UNLESS THEY'RE BAD" etc then the best players in the world must be AWFUL because I watch good Cheetah's use her tools to mix and open up some of the best players in the world. I'm not basing this off my own struggles vs Cheetah - which are many, I'll grant you.

LAstly, this is TYM, so if I dont add this disclaimer it'll start a shitshow.

I dont think Cheetah is broken. I dont think she is OP. I dont think she needs nerfs. I think she's actually one of the most interesting and fun character to play and play against (I get shit on, but its an interesting match, its never boring) in the game. I just wanted to address the "She has nothing but mobility and damage" comment above.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
No one really needs to be nerfed after this patch imo. I would let this patch ride it's course for a bit and see if anybody is unviable or close to it and give them a buff or two. If not, then there's no need for tier shifting patches.

If we had to do more NERFS than I can only speak for my main Supegirl. If I had to Nerf her I would revert her damage. This will allow her to be as versatile as she is but has to win neutral with these tools more. Often I believe instead of taking away her strengths that she already had give her back the weakness that wasn't completely holding her back from being viable.

Besides that we have to wait and see but I think we are at the point in Balance where the top are the best but fair. We need to focus on buffs to lower tiers like Captain Cold, Swampy, Ivy, GRODD, ect

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I think @Zhidoreptiloid should have this topic nerfed via deletion because this is a toxic as fuck topic to even make on this forum.

Supergirl is fine, she punishes bad fundamentals. Stop pressing buttons and not putting pressure on after b123

Firestorm is fine. He'll be better. Don't take this away from Firestorm mains

Black Adam is fine, he's the Quan Chi of this game. He gets mauled on defense and does superb on offense.

Superman is fine, he's the most one dimensional character in the game next to Cheetah.

The Flash is fucking fine, I can't believe you're gonna even suggest he needs to be touched. HE NEEDS that damage, now that he's had the restand glitch with bf1 removed he needs it more than ever. The minute he loses his 500-600 one bar+trait conversions there is ZERO REASON to play him over a character like Blue Beetle post-patch. You're supposed to prevent him from getting in or out mix him. There's also this wonderful tool in the game called push blocking, you should try it sometime.

Cat Woman is fine for the same reason SG is fine, she punishes bad fundamentals.

Braniac doesn't need to be nerfed. The characters a delicate balancing act. He could be made into a trash garbo character too easily.

Dr Fate is fine. Stop forward dashing after getting hit by fireballs.

This community drives me nuts. You guys need to level up, I have to wonder how most people begging for nerfs to everyone they don't like would've done in the no-patching era of FG's?

TamedLizard

Buff George
Do people not realize the quantity of nerfs Catwoman has received? (Not insinuating they weren't deserved, vanilla Selina was busted af but lawd...)

Honestly not sure what else people want aside from returning her to IGAU form.

If anything, make 2D2 0 or -1 on block and leave the poor girl alone.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Relax, this patch is to see if Black Adam and Supergirl will end up dominating tournaments. If they do, then those will be the characters that need adjusting.