What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Full combo punishable b12 and f1, so you want Mileena players to yolo 5050 every time?

Rip footsies

IMO the best demo Sonya nerf would be to make stun grenade disappear when you hit her, but not frags, that way you have a purpose for the frag, keeping the breaker style game plan with the nade, as long as you read it
If b12 was -9, I don't think it'll be full combo punishable by everyone due to the pushback.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
@FOREVER KING JR
I'm just going to step in for lasher and say keep ex whip flurry and MB who flurry -12, but make ex whip trip -22. Because to be honest his mix up game isn't the reason you play him. You play him for space control and he NEEDS whip flurry to be at least somewhat hard to punish to keep people at bay. With whip trip being unsafe you get rid of the safe 50/50 and make his armored launcher easier to punish. It is still a nerf that will affect him but it won't fuck with the characters playstyle. Since both those moves being so insanely negative at launch was a big reason as to why he sucked so much at that time.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I'm not sure how I feel about that -15 b3....it would make it trickier to get things going that's for sure. I don't necessarily agree that it would make his offense worse than it is, just a hell of a lot riskier.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Venomous Dvorah spray doesnt need to be safer on block, its pretty braindead currently but thats something i would happily take.
My ideal buffs would be to increase her meter gain and chip on blocked spray a bit more (EX spray should do 15%)(people should punish it)(low tier variation) and increase the time that venom dot damage ticks for, spreading the ticks out to add like 2-3 more seconds instead of increasing overall damage.
Allowing a few more seconds to tack on extra ticks would increase her passive damage a bit in neutral/poking situations and also rewards her if you land a poke/ovipositor hit after restands. Opponents should have to care about the stacking damage off your ovipositor hits so spreading the time out to add to the stacks actually gives them something to think about.

ando1184

Noob
As far as commando goes, df1 and ex df1 don't need to be mids. However I do think they shoulda whiff vs crouch blocking opponents and shouldn't whiff when canceled after f4, d3, and d4 on hit vs those crouching opponents. IMHO the tier list is kinda biased looking, no offense to you @FOREVER KING JR but some of these characters have buffs/nerfs that aren't their main issue. Like kenshi, his f4 is fine being a +2 high on block but you didn't list any improvements to his parry or whiffing issues with point blank rising karma? What I think should happen when it comes to these nerf/buff threads, is we should collectively gather a representative from each character's/variation community and have them all collaborate and discuss how to fix/balance said character/variation. We need people that actually lab and grind out the character's true strengths/weaknesses if we want to have a balanced game. I know that's asking a lot since this community never seems to agree but maybe by doing things this way we will at least have a more "honest" fighting game with less BS to deal with.

I'm not sure how I feel about that -15 b3....it would make it trickier to get things going that's for sure. I don't necessarily agree that it would make his offense worse than it is, just a hell of a lot riskier.
its not like its slower its just shinnok should be 100% punishable after blocking b3 rather than it being super hard to punish and unconsistently punishing it

myri

Time Warrior
He is right tho, most of these buffs/nerfs are pretty much spot on.
Could be but I was referring to Cyrax specifically. The problem with day one Cyrax wasn't 40% meterless damage it was the hard to blockables that looped into hard to blockables forever and ever and ever.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
BF2 should return to how it was originally where on hit it makes the opponent roll backwards
DB1 Meter Burn OTG should have less damage scaling
I won't comment on many changes but these do little to nothing to fix Necromancer's problems which are his ability to keep people out is subpar and, more importantly, he's meter hungry. Flick tracking is still iffy in many situations, rather slow, and MB Flick is nigh useless.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
@FOREVER KING JR , my vote is ''What could be improved on the buffs or nerfs'', so, here it is all the changes that I would like to see for Liu Kang:

3 nerfs:

- Hurtbox on D+3 slighty increased.
- U+4 is now a high.
- Dragon Fire now has 3 frames of added delay before you can cancel out of it on block. (this does not affect any current dash cancel combos and there is no delay on Hit)

13 buffs:

- U+4 start up now changed to 10 frames.
- U+4 now has a slightly increased upward hitbox.
- The last hit of Snapping Dragon (1,1,2) now has less pushback on hit.

Dualist:
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Instant air Soul Spheres have recovery reduced.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) now absorbs and negates all projectiles that it comes in contact with.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) no longer counts as a projectile and cannot be negated or absorbed by any other projectile based attack.
- All Soul Spheres now have a slightly increased hitbox on the explosion.
- All Soul Spheres now absorb 1 projectile that they collide with only when Yang (D,B+3) buff is active.
- Better healing.
- All Soul Spheres now start-up closer to Liu Kang.

Flame Fist:
- All fireballs now have a slightly increased hitbox.

Fixes:

- Flying Kick~MB (B,F+2~Meter Burn) hitbox adjusted so it no longer whiffs or switches sides against certain characters crouch blocking.
- Orbs does not explode on walls anymore.
- Mids being mids. F4,4/F4,4,4/etc

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Taking out the F3,4 for a-list means thats hes the only character without tp without an advancing mid string.

It means that if you run in full screen you can't dash cancel anymore.

It means i'd be a stunt double main.

Game doesn't need huge fixes, that's what puts people off these games. Just lower the impact of the top tiers a little so the lower tiers can compete.

I would fix conjurer for instance by making his crawler have better tracking. Not having no cooldown on drone.

Noob
Agree with the Erron rifle buff

Also his F3 should have more hit advantage, its currently at +1 and F2 start up change from 14 to 10.

And for gods sake NRS give outlaw's F3 4+2 a brutality,. It was meant to have one!! P.S and reduce the scaling on it pls, its terrible.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
So what your saying is to avoid getting punished trying to summon stunts you would rather have Meter Burn DB1 be a mid and have no cool down. SD without stunt cool down would be pretty ID since he has jailing pressure and gets a lot of guaranteed chip damage on block with meter
I didn't say to have no cooldown, like you said that would be OD. I'm saying it would be better if they made EX DB1 a mid on both hits than have the last one an overhead. The hard to block is bs and is the closest to and Unblockable as you can get in this game. Assuming you land it in the corner, Your opponent very well may lose the match all because of 1 hard to block and that is an incredibly harsh punishment to the other player. Yeah you could get out but say you have no Meter. SD builds that really fast so he isn't realistically gonna be super low on it unless he manages it poorly. When GM Sub corner traps you or Sorcerer Quan, getting out is a lot easier than against SD cage cause he can setup the HTB super easily.

Changing the sweep back to pre patch also probably won't hep cause like I said it's 11 frames. A 3 frame difference isn't gonna make it so you can't hard to block.

Besides what sounds more fair to you, A HTB 50/50 that's safe on both overhead and low? Or a regular 50/50 no htb but still safe? you still have to guess, but there isn't the chance that you could get launched anyway despite guessing right all because there is literally a few to 1 frame to block it.

jaylee777

Juh-Mill-E
Let me first say before anything else that I believe that stunt double's HTB probably should not be in the game.

I dont believe that it is SUPER easy to set up because johnny needs 1 mimic, 1 bar, and the opponent all the way in the corner. That doesnt happen quite as much as one would think.

There is a fairly easy way out of every HTB setup (to my knowledge) that johnny has except for
F24-exdb1-b4. It involves crouch blocking the hit before exdb1 and making the sweep whiff

Also, with enough practice you can actually block the HTB. I think I can block it about 70% of the time in the lab. That number would probably go down if it was during an actual match though.

I believe that the best way to fix the HTB is to make EXdb1 push cage back slightly more so that a sweep afterwards would whiff.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Let me first say before anything else that I believe that stunt double's HTB probably should not be in the game.

I dont believe that it is SUPER easy to set up because johnny needs 1 mimic, 1 bar, and the opponent all the way in the corner. That doesnt happen quite as much as one would think.

There is a fairly easy way out of every HTB setup (to my knowledge) that johnny has except for
F24-exdb1-b4. It involves crouch blocking the hit before exdb1 and making the sweep whiff

Also, with enough practice you can actually block the HTB. I think I can block it about 70% of the time in the lab. That number would probably go down if it was during an actual match though.

I believe that the best way to fix the HTB is to make EXdb1 push cage back slightly more so that a sweep afterwards would whiff.
No offense to you really i mean none, but WHY IS IT SO BAD FOR THE SECOND HIT TO BE A MID?!?!?

It's not uncommon to have mimics a lot of the time or a bar or be in the corner. SD Builds meter like crazy, I've HTB so many people and it's just not fair. What you suggested would be a nice change to fix it I agree, and it makes it so he can't 50/50 so that is a fair. Can't really argue much against it other than he keeps his HTB on knockdown. which that one is a bit harder to setup.

jaylee777

Juh-Mill-E
No offense to you really i mean none, but WHY IS IT SO BAD FOR THE SECOND HIT TO BE A MID?!?!?

It's not uncommon to have mimics a lot of the time or a bar or be in the corner. SD Builds meter like crazy, I've HTB so many people and it's just not fair. What you suggested would be a nice change to fix it I agree, and it makes it so he can't 50/50 so that is a fair. Can't really argue much against it other than he keeps his HTB on knockdown. which that one is a bit harder to setup.
My only reason for not wanting second hit to be mid is cause sometimes after exdb1 I like to do a d3 or d4 that almost always hits people that are still blocking high. It's not really that big of a deal I guess.

And I agree that it is not uncommon to have mimics, a bar, or be in the corner. However I do believe that it is not very common to have all three of those things at the same time while having the ability to do the HTB.

And for all the knockdown HTB setups (at least the ones that I know of), you can jump out of and full combo punish cage if you delay wakeup and jump between the 1st and 2nd hit of exdb1