What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
@FOREVER KING JR , my vote is ''What could be improved on the buffs or nerfs'', so, here it is all the changes that I would like to see for Liu Kang:

3 nerfs:

- Hurtbox on D+3 slighty increased.
- U+4 is now a high.
- Dragon Fire now has 3 frames of added delay before you can cancel out of it on block. (this does not affect any current dash cancel combos and there is no delay on Hit)

13 buffs:

- U+4 start up now changed to 10 frames.
- U+4 now has a slightly increased upward hitbox.
- The last hit of Snapping Dragon (1,1,2) now has less pushback on hit.

Dualist:
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Instant air Soul Spheres have recovery reduced.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) now absorbs and negates all projectiles that it comes in contact with.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) no longer counts as a projectile and cannot be negated or absorbed by any other projectile based attack.
- All Soul Spheres now have a slightly increased hitbox on the explosion.
- All Soul Spheres now absorb 1 projectile that they collide with only when Yang (D,B+3) buff is active.
- Better healing.
- All Soul Spheres now start-up closer to Liu Kang.

Flame Fist:
- All fireballs now have a slightly increased hitbox.

Fixes:

- Flying Kick~MB (B,F+2~Meter Burn) hitbox adjusted so it no longer whiffs or switches sides against certain characters crouch blocking.
- Orbs does not explode on walls anymore.
- Mids being mids. F4,4/F4,4,4/etc
You realize you'll kill DF Kang. Almost nobody plays Hellfire Scorp because of the gap and its already hard enough to jail Kang as it is. Let him rock

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Hellfire scorp is still pretty damn good the gap didn t change much but again it s because of the threat of flame aura
Trust me, im not sayin Hellfire isn't good. Just not the level as Cage and D'vorah. I know, different characters, different toolsets but us Shaolin dont have the luxury of Flame aura. I guess we could do dragon kick but that wouldnt lead to much damage compared to other options unless 2 bars of meter we're spent

Agree with the Erron rifle buff

Also his F3 should have more hit advantage, its currently at +1 and F2 start up change from 14 to 10.

And for gods sake NRS give outlaw's F3 4+2 a brutality,. It was meant to have one!! P.S and reduce the scaling on it pls, its terrible.
I agree erron black could use a better mid. It would be cool to make F3 10 or 11 frame start up and make it a true mid cause it gets low profiled

I t
Trust me, im not sayin Hellfire isn't good. Just not the level as Cage and D'vorah. I know, different characters, different toolsets but us Shaolin dont have the luxury of Flame aura. I guess we could do dragon kick but that wouldnt lead to much damage compared to other options unless 2 bars of meter we're spent
I think hellfire is better than swarm queen for sure. She loses way more match ups unlike hellfire. Plus hellfire also has jailing pressure similar to swarm queen but swarm queen can only jail S1, S1, B1 and D1. I think thats all. Scorpion can do 3 reps of pressure unlike swarm queen

As far as commando goes, df1 and ex df1 don't need to be mids. However I do think they shoulda whiff vs crouch blocking opponents and shouldn't whiff when canceled after f4, d3, and d4 on hit vs those crouching opponents. IMHO the tier list is kinda biased looking, no offense to you @FOREVER KING JR but some of these characters have buffs/nerfs that aren't their main issue. Like kenshi, his f4 is fine being a +2 high on block but you didn't list any improvements to his parry or whiffing issues with point blank rising karma? What I think should happen when it comes to these nerf/buff threads, is we should collectively gather a representative from each character's/variation community and have them all collaborate and discuss how to fix/balance said character/variation. We need people that actually lab and grind out the character's true strengths/weaknesses if we want to have a balanced game. I know that's asking a lot since this community never seems to agree but maybe by doing things this way we will at least have a more "honest" fighting game with less BS to deal with.
Everybody has a say in my buffs and nerfs thread and i like how you said we should gather representatives of each character and collaborate ideas

@FOREVER KING JR , my vote is ''What could be improved on the buffs or nerfs'', so, here it is all the changes that I would like to see for Liu Kang:

3 nerfs:

- Hurtbox on D+3 slighty increased.
- U+4 is now a high.
- Dragon Fire now has 3 frames of added delay before you can cancel out of it on block. (this does not affect any current dash cancel combos and there is no delay on Hit)

13 buffs:

- U+4 start up now changed to 10 frames.
- U+4 now has a slightly increased upward hitbox.
- The last hit of Snapping Dragon (1,1,2) now has less pushback on hit.

Dualist:
- All Solar Flare projectiles drain one bar of energy from the opponent on hit. (energy = stamina for running)
- All Solar Flare projectile types drain half of a bar of energy from the opponent on block.
- Instant air Soul Spheres have recovery reduced.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) now absorbs and negates all projectiles that it comes in contact with.
- EX B,F+1+BLK (Dark Sphere) no longer counts as a projectile and cannot be negated or absorbed by any other projectile based attack.
- All Soul Spheres now have a slightly increased hitbox on the explosion.
- All Soul Spheres now absorb 1 projectile that they collide with only when Yang (D,B+3) buff is active.
- Better healing.
- All Soul Spheres now start-up closer to Liu Kang.

Flame Fist:
- All fireballs now have a slightly increased hitbox.

Fixes:

- Flying Kick~MB (B,F+2~Meter Burn) hitbox adjusted so it no longer whiffs or switches sides against certain characters crouch blocking.
- Orbs does not explode on walls anymore.
- Mids being mids. F4,4/F4,4,4/etc
I like a lot of these buffs the only ones i would agree with are the stamina draining projectiles. Everything else looks good. The soul spheres really need help. I think the solar liu kang is good but soul liu kang (whatever its called) is not great

I won't comment on many changes but these do little to nothing to fix Necromancer's problems which are his ability to keep people out is subpar and, more importantly, he's meter hungry. Flick tracking is still iffy in many situations, rather slow, and MB Flick is nigh useless.
I agree his zoning could have better tracking but shinnok usually isnt meter hungry if he has D4 hellsparks

What difference doesn a +6 ex low hat make? It would still be the same as +4
He can check his opponents with F2 because it becomes 5 frame start up after being +6 on block as to +4 where it becomes 7 frame start up and gets beat by pokes and the only way he can check other pokes is with his own pokes

Could be but I was referring to Cyrax specifically. The problem with day one Cyrax wasn't 40% meterless damage it was the hard to blockables that looped into hard to blockables forever and ever and ever.
Day 1 cyrax didnt really have hard blockables unless he used the meter burn bomb set up after Neutral Jump Kick. Other than that set up he doesnt really have hard blockables and i can explain why too. Plus his horrible defense made up for his offense. He was kind of like prepatch quan. Bad defense but really good offense but cyraxs defense was slightly better but prepatch quans offense was better cause it was meterless and did more damage especially in the corner

@FOREVER KING JR
I'm just going to step in for lasher and say keep ex whip flurry and MB who flurry -12, but make ex whip trip -22. Because to be honest his mix up game isn't the reason you play him. You play him for space control and he NEEDS whip flurry to be at least somewhat hard to punish to keep people at bay. With whip trip being unsafe you get rid of the safe 50/50 and make his armored launcher easier to punish. It is still a nerf that will affect him but it won't fuck with the characters playstyle. Since both those moves being so insanely negative at launch was a big reason as to why he sucked so much at that time.
If i block lashers wake ups i want it to be a 100% punishable like scorpions teleport on block. You will always punish that but lashers have block stun, distance and are safer. If his BF2 Meter Burn, DB2 and DB2 Meter Burn were a 100% punishable then i would make DF1 Meter Burn safe on block to compensate cause its a mid and doesnt launch

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Confused on the Balanced changes, considering TKS is already -10 on block at all ranges.

Also no to all the sorcerer buffs, sorcerer is also fine.
If you can get past sorcerors zoning hes not that much of a problem. Its a lot easier to rush down quan then it is for quan to zone you. Its only scary if he opens you up but when you knock him down the match could be over