What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Noxious's issue is it doesn't offer anything substantial. It needs a rework.

Scrap the passive DoT, and focus on the active DoT.
I still feel Noxious is still solid. Remember, variation-less Reptile, is probably the best variation-less character

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I still feel Noxious is still solid. Remember, variation-less Reptile, is probably the best variation-less character
Yes, he is, but because the game is played with variations, with characters becoming insane once a variation is added (COUGHSONYACOUGH), being the best character without a variation loses a lot of shine. It just means there's not many extra tools he needs to stay relevant.

Which is why Noxious is generally pointless.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Yes, he is, but because the game is played with variations, with characters becoming insane once a variation is added (COUGHSONYACOUGH), being the best character without a variation loses a lot of shine. It just means there's not many extra tools he needs to stay relevant.

Which is why Noxious is generally pointless.
Compared to Nimble and Deceptive, it is pointless, yes. I'd like it to have a slight buff as I said, but I'd be ok if it remains the same

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Give Bo Rai Cho a non EX projectile in one of his variations (preferably DB) and I would be happy! He is the only character in the whole roster who does not have one in any of his variations.

Seriously...

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
@chrisisnice If you ask me giving Bo Rai Cho a typical projectile would defeat the purpose of the character. Especially DB, the variation in particular is meant to get zoned/spaced out.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I guess most characters have at least one variation that people can relate to in some way or another. All characters have at least some sort of light zoning variation with the ability to slow things down and a close up pressure oriented variation. He does not have that and is easily the weakest character in the game.

A projectile is a fundamental part of all previous 2D MK titles across its 24 year history and he is the only one to lack this. This is not street fighter.

By not having this in a variation, it precludes a range of people not being able to use him effectively. I was really excited about this character and was heavily requesting for him to be added. Unfortunately for my playstyle, he is basically unusable. While I understand that is my problem, I am not the only person who feels like this. Ultimately his playstyle is alienating. At the moment, he plays like he would be better suited to a 3D fighter. With a couple of tweaks, he would be more at home in Tekken or something.

myri

Time Warrior
I'm fine with Bo not having a meterless projectile honestly. He has bigger problems. That said if you're going to give a projectile to Bo make it so he can toss his cane in bartitsu, it could use a little something to bring it up to the same level as the other two variations since he loses his only good mid in f1.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
DUDE if Bartitsu could throw his cane that'd be awesome. Then while he doesn't have his cane he has access to variationless Bo moves like his 8 frame mid Kreygasm

Marinjuana

I see. I think my main point about his main tool, SD, and its weaknesses. Feedback on that?
I don't play the character really so I don't have a ton to say about it but he can do safe SD setup combos and when he does it in the corner it can be super dangerous. It stays on block so he can block your wakeup and then get a huge punish assisted by SD. He can hit you with his low, EX air Yautja for overhead, or just grab(35% grabs midscreen!) you and gets easy big damage. Also the move isn't unblockable, the damage predator receives himself is.

And he's got one of the best brutals in the game. That's got to count for something!

Reactions: D7X

Marinjuana

I guess most characters have at least one variation that people can relate to in some way or another. All characters have at least some sort of light zoning variation with the ability to slow things down and a close up pressure oriented variation. He does not have that and is easily the weakest character in the game.

A projectile is a fundamental part of all previous 2D MK titles across its 24 year history and he is the only one to lack this. This is not street fighter.

By not having this in a variation, it precludes a range of people not being able to use him effectively. I was really excited about this character and was heavily requesting for him to be added. Unfortunately for my playstyle, he is basically unusable. While I understand that is my problem, I am not the only person who feels like this. Ultimately his playstyle is alienating. At the moment, he plays like he would be better suited to a 3D fighter. With a couple of tweaks, he would be more at home in Tekken or something.
There's plenty of characters without variations that speak to me. I don't think they need to be changed just to appeal to me. Bo Rai Cho might not have a variation that's made for zoning, but he has one that's made for dealing with it in Drunken Master.

I don't get what Street Fighter or Tekken has to do with this. Not every character has to fit a certain mold and even then I don't get the SF comparison.

Bo Rai Cho might not have a traditional projectile, but he has tools that no other character has. He gets a full combo starter with a ton of active frames, a metered Crop Duster that might as well be an ice clone that doesn't go away on hit or block, in the corner he can do 50% dmg into a restand that gaurantees a 50/50 with just one bar, can force you to eat back to back to back 50/50s if he has the meter and guesses right, he has some of the best resets in the game, unblockable combo starter, rolls and invincibility frames, easy armor break setups in corner, etc. He was designed with a heavy weakness to zoning and spacing but was given tools that would be broken as fuck in other character's hands. To me giving Bo Rai Cho a real projectile is like giving Blood God an armored reversal, like giving Tremor a fast mid, it's like just trying to eliminate a weakness that was designed into the character. Could he use buffs? Hell yea, but I think giving him a projectile isn't in the spirit of the character's design.

Reactions: D7X

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
i am sick and tired of this community always asking for buffs for characters that never needed buffs anyway cough cough ferra torr but yet we are not addressing the real issues like parry inconsistency's Female Hitboxes still a major concern aliens really dumb hurtbox even juggling inconsistencys What THEE! 90% of all problems have to do with the core of mkxl and 10% do go to characters that are truly struggling like unbreakable sub and dualist sooo please avatar ang save this community from stupidity #BootyOs Please Post Mkxl buffs that should be addressed

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
ps All 5050s should be punishable it makes no sense how safe 5050s are in this game and insane amounts of plus frames

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Make parries actual parries instead of parries sometimes. Normalize jump in normals as a whole, there's some stupid jump ins out there also jump in punches jailing into pressure on block feels like it shouldn't be a thing. And finally, D4's shouldnt be special cancelable on block, it makes some neutral states just stupid. D1 and D3 being able to do this is also kind of dumb but killing those might kill grapplers but idk, grapplers usually have other good tic throws other than pokes.

Meep8345

Noob
@Meep8345 that is actually a very reasonable buffs also why are jump kick plus 2 all the way to plus 4 on block dont get me started on njk being plus 6 and sometimes more paulos vision was hella blurry
Paulo envisioned scrubs flying through the air and safe 50/50ing people to death. Full screen advancing mids that make punishing their run almost impossible. In other words he envisioned digital AIDS

trufenix

bye felicia
If the core of the game is ruined, no patch will help it. I'm not sure what "all 50/50s should be unsafe" means, but if you think a patch is going to reduce the amount of pressure and mauling in MKX you're kidding yourself. THey'll shave some frames here, add a couple there, and in a month people will just move their reticles to the next character who is keeping this game from being great.

It's an offensive game. If you want to block play street fighter.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Yes please. The inconsistent hitboxes are out of control. Men and women need to have the same hitbox, no matter what. Jump ins that completely stuff everything with stupid range should be gone, anti airs should have high priority, hurtboxes shouldn't determine what combo you do. I'm so sick of these bugs and how we just let them pass instead of fixing them.

Landonio

n00b
Fix the lower gravity nonsense on female and crouching characters.

There should be no 50/50s that lead to more than 20% that are less than -3 on block. The sheer amount of unreactable mixup moves that lead to decent damage is downright stupid.

Uppercuts should be more reliable AAs, but do only 10% damage and have less pushback.

X-rays should be a motion (DF or DB) for every character so you can actually cross up supers. Also, reduce the pushback on all of them to make them more negative/punishable. Two buttons is stupid for an unreactable armored move that does hella damage and is safe.

You should gain less meter for taking damage. Why should you be rewarded for being outplayed.

NJPs are too damn strong. Either:
1. Don't allow them to lead to full combos.
2. Make them a mid.
3. Reduce the damage scaling on combos that begin with NJPs by at least 25%. I'm personally in favor of this option.

There's probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

Meep8345

Noob
Fix the lower gravity nonsense on female and crouching characters.

There should be no 50/50s that lead to more than 20% that are less than -3 on block. The sheer amount of unreactable mixup moves that lead to decent damage is downright stupid.

Uppercuts should be more reliable AAs, but do only 10% damage and have less pushback.

X-rays should be a motion (DF or DB) for every character so you can actually cross up supers. Also, reduce the pushback on all of them to make them more negative/punishable. Two buttons is stupid for an unreactable armored move that does hella damage and is safe.

You should gain less meter for taking damage. Why should you be rewarded for being outplayed.

There's probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.
I like the part with less meter for taking damage. How many times have you finally got in on a millena only for them to break a combo when you open them up. Or they fill up enough meter and have a full bar of meter because you did a combo. They have to be careful with this tho I think