What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

She s not that good until she plays a Mu she doesn t lose because she fucks over a lot of characters Takeda included
So she has good matchups... So does the vast majority of the top tier/upper mid tier but is that enough to justify why she's past due for a nerf? I'm finding it hard to believe that people are "all of a sudden" wanting her to be nerfed, when for the vast majority of a year, she hasn't presented ANY trouble or danger to any of the top tiers or even upper mid tiers. Now unless we're talking Covert Ops, I really don't see her being this "all-bearing" undefeatable individual like people are claiming her to be.

Perhaps people are giving Scar too much credit perhaps?

Figuring that Sonya only started to get exposure with the recent MKXL patch, I'd say I've been playing for throughout the game's short lfiespan of one year and one month. Again like I stated, Demolition isn't that good. Once you get in on Demo Sonya, it's not that hard to stay in with her. Plus the way you make it appear, she's like Alien or Piercing Mileena. Only time she's scary is when she has fully reloaded other than that, it's pure game for you.

Stop upplaying her when there's no reason to. Scar got you guys scarred for life with his tremendously exceptional Demo Sonya.
Reloading the grenades isn t the hardest it s actually pretty easy and with her wake up her defense is far from weak

She has bad Mu not a lot only thing coming in mind
So she has good matchups... So does the vast majority of the top tier/upper mid tier but is that enough to justify why she's past due for a nerf? I'm finding it hard to believe that people are "all of a sudden" wanting her to be nerfed, when for the vast majority of a year, she hasn't presented ANY trouble or danger to any of the top tiers or even upper mid tiers. Now unless we're talking Covert Ops, I really don't see her being this "all-bearing" undefeatable individual like people are claiming her to be.

Perhaps people are giving Scar too much credit perhaps?
She has few losing Mu and destroy a lot of characters I m not really sure how to nerf her without destroying the character so I d say let her fly for now

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Agreed. Some of these can be really strong, maybe too strong if given the right buff though.

Tanya is good in the right hands and is almost a completely different character before the patch so she has to be played differently.
I've been seeing Yungmonster tearing people up with her and Vax is no slack either.
Yet at least one agrees that she's still not that great atm. I think they went too overboard with her in the combined lifetime of her nerfs.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Figuring that Sonya only started to get exposure with the recent MKXL patch, I'd say I've been playing for throughout the game's short lfiespan of one year and one month. Again like I stated, Demolition isn't that good. Once you get in on Demo Sonya, it's not that hard to stay in with her. Plus the way you make it appear, she's like Alien or Piercing Mileena. Only time she's scary is when she has fully reloaded other than that, it's pure game for you.

Stop upplaying her when there's no reason to. Scar got you guys scarred for life with his tremendously exceptional Demo Sonya.
OMFG she gets 3 attempts at a safe 50/50 and then gets a free reload if she guesses right once. She gets a reload after literally every combo. And the grenades themselves give her an amazing wake up, safety, and good space control. Not to mention when she runs out she can EX drone drop. And yeah Scar is scary, that's what happens when a top tier player masters a top tier character. This character is really potato and she is just as good as Alien, Mileena, Kano, Takeda, D'Vorah, Ermac, and Cage.

Last edited:
OMFG she gets 3 attempts at a safe 50/50 and then gets a free reload if she guesses right once. She gets a reload after literally every combo. And the grenades themselves give her an amazing wake up, safety, and good space control. Not to mention when she runs out she can EX drone drop. And yeah Scar is scary, that's what happens when a top tier player masters a top tier character. This character is really potato and she is just as good as Alien, Mileena, Kano, Takeda, Ermac, and Cage.
Funny because if that was true then Scar wouldn't be the only one successful with said "top tier" character. Sonya's not a "potato," you can't just pick her up within a week and expect to do the things Scar did. You can use that argument instead for a FoxyGrampa when he used Mileena. Now SHE'S a potato but Sonya or Ermac? Nah, not buying it. You can't go autopilot with those two.

Outside of the roll grenade wake-up, Sonya has no real good wakeups in Demolition. Plus, she's wasting a bar of meter for that wake up where characters like Mileena or Johnny can just YOLO roll or shadow kick for free, at no expense of meter. Plus Sonya is NOT going to get an EX drop Drop unless we're talking Special Forces and I would assume that you're not trying to imply that Special Forces is broken or top tier. Because if you are then I question the validity of your statement, but I know you're not so I'm worried...yet.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

Worst post I've ever seen in the history of TYM.

Funny because if that was true then Scar wouldn't be the only one successful with said "top tier" character. Sonya's not a "potato," you can't just pick her up within a week and expect to do the things Scar did. You can use that argument instead for a FoxyGrampa when he used Mileena. Now SHE'S a potato but Sonya or Ermac? Nah, not buying it. You can't go autopilot with those two.

Outside of the roll grenade wake-up, Sonya has no real good wakeups in Demolition. Plus, she's wasting a bar of meter for that wake up where characters like Mileena or Johnny can just YOLO roll or shadow kick for free, at no expense of meter. Plus Sonya is NOT going to get an EX drop Drop unless we're talking Special Forces and I would assume that you're not trying to imply that Special Forces is broken or top tier. Because if you are then I question the validity of your statement, but I know you're not so I'm worried...yet.
Special forces doesn t have the ex drop her roll is more or less on the same level as those you named she can do it meterless and unlike the other 2 is safe but necessitate some resources so On the same level like I said

Special forces doesn t have the ex drop her roll is more or less on the same level as those you named she can do it meterless and unlike the other 2 is safe but necessitate some resources so On the same level like I said
I've never seen the EX drop so I might want to go and lab it and see it in action. I thought it was a Special Forces only exclusive.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'd say tone down Alien and buff the undeniably low tier characters/variations.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
they need to fix tanya, they need to fix aliens hitbox issues and maybe lower the Dot effect a bit. Remove STunt doubles HTB in the corner. And thats about all that really should be nerfed tbh. Possibly give dvorah puddle a bit more recovery maybe. but honestly that could go wrong very quickly, so i hope they just leave her alone.

they nerfed kobu tanya's b2 (or was it b1?) string right? they should undo that.

Also they need to buff the following character variations
Hattrick
Tempest
Kenshi in general
Bo Rai Cho in general
Ancestral
Inferno
Unbreakable
Jason in general could use a bit more
Dualist
Cyber Sub
Cyrax
Necromancer (make his meterless amulet in general safer on block)
Hi-tech (gotta be careful tho because she kinda a has block infinite for the duration of her lvl 2 spark fists right?)
Fisticuffs
Warrior
Master of Storms

anyone im missing?

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

1. Funny that your argument for why Sonya isn't good is because Scar is the only one mopping. Then you say I could use that argument for Foxy's Mileena even though he is the only one mopping. That is a direct contradiction within a few sentences. Of course you can't pick her up within a week and do what Scar did, he is a top player and I'm not trying to downplay his accomplishments. But some rando couldn't pick Alien and be Dragon and pick Mileena and be Foxy. It goes both ways. Mileena is way less potato than Sonya. Mileena rewards fundamentals. Even though Mileena is imo top 3, you need to be a solid player to use her properly. The same can be said for Sonya to an extent but safe 50/50s are much easier to apply than good spacing, footsies, and zoning. That's not up for debate.

2. Aside from the godlike grenade wakeup, she does have decent armor. It's not the best armor but it's serviceable. You make it sound like she fucking Quan or something. She has more than enough options to get off the ground, and more options than most characters. She isn't super meter dependent so who cares if she needs it to get up(which she doesn't if you have good grenade management), so I wouldn't call it a big issue. Oh no she needs meter to armor just like everyone else, Sonya sucks.

3. Johnny Cage CANNOT wake up shadow kick, especially in A-List. Shadow kick is garbage outside of cancels. Sure, Mileena can wake up roll, but how many times will that work against good players? Neither of those characters have as safe of a wakeup as Demolition.

4. Why wouldn't she get EX drop? Good Sonyas pull it off a lot, just don't do it all the time. She gets a reload after literally every combo. Of course I don't think Special Forces is broke, but Demolition is fucked.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
they need to fix tanya, they need to fix aliens hitbox issues and maybe lower the Dot effect a bit. Remove STunt doubles HTB in the corner. And thats about all that really should be nerfed tbh. Possibly give dvorah puddle a bit more recovery maybe. but honestly that could go wrong very quickly, so i hope they just leave her alone.

Hattrick
Tempest
Kenshi in general
Bo Rai Cho in general
Ancestral
Inferno
Unbreakable
Dualist
Cyber Sub
Cyrax

anyone im missing?
Brc

they nerfed kobu tanya's b2 string right? they should undo that.

Hattrick
Tempest
Kenshi in general
Bo Rai Cho in general
Ancestral
Inferno
Unbreakable
Dualist
Cyber Sub
Cyrax

anyone im missing?
Necromancer
Hi-Tech

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

they nerfed kobu tanya's b2 string right? they should undo that.

Hattrick
Tempest
Kenshi in general
Bo Rai Cho in general
Ancestral
Inferno
Unbreakable
Dualist
Cyber Sub
Cyrax
Necromancer (make his meterless amulet in general safer on block)
Hi-tech (gotta be careful tho because she kinda a has block infinite for the duration of her lvl 2 spark fists right?)

anyone im missing?
Fisti Cage