What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
Love the Kotal changes.

The only thing I wish for is to make b14 slighty better on block if cancled into ex pizza.
And pls fix 114 air grab on F/T midscreen.
And on females on block.

And buff his parry slightly, to be more like kenshis in terms of consistency.

In addition to your changes.....
Tanya (universal)
- EX Drill kick pops up higher
Pyromancer
- 4% damage added to combos
-New string: 321. Last hit is a fireball which explodes on shrouded opponents. The string is fast and connects well in combo. Mid, mid, overhead.
Kobu Jutsu
Honestly I'm over Kobu Jutsu but I personally would propose this
-Old damage given back in addition to 1% more.
-Ex tonfa toss back to the way it was ON HIT, on block it still does not jail.
-Less damage scaling on Ex tonfa toss

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I think that's poor game design. Aside from a few exceptions, there's literally no reason why ridiculous normal attacks that lead to pressure, devastating damage on hit, already empower the character's neutral, etc. etc. should have invincible fire-ball esque hitboxes.

One of the reason's people hate Marth in melee is because of his absurd normals with no hurtboxes that are prevalent in the neutral game. I really don't think anyone can make a case for their character being "ruined" or "unplayable" if the character is now vulnerable like 80% of the cast when swinging with their attacks.
I think it would be poorer design to have parts of the game not make sense visually. This is a huge criticism of SFIV and V, and rightfully so; it looks goofy for moves to not hit where they actually hit. I don't think it's a similar case to Leatherface throwing chainsaws or Jason running because those just look goofy but make sense. Having whips that aren't part of the character's body would be both silly and nonsensical, and I don't think any game needs that.

What would be a more logical case would be to actually nerf the things you find to be a problem; maybe being able to hit kunai as a true blockstring after f122+4 should be taken back, or maybe his Ronin b1 shouldn't be 0 on block and closer to -7 or 8. Takeda seems like he was designed as a character meant to dominate that space, so let him do that with his moves and change instead what little gaps there are in his pressure.

shura30

Shura
Cassie Cage:
- Bug causing whiffed air attacks to have no recovery now fixed.
eh?how does this work?

also I would add to Scorpion Hellfire a Flame aura normalization and more recovery frames on whiff
btw all these hurtbox changes you suggest would make grandmaster top tier

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
After playing SFV

Nerfing jump attacks or having solid AAs is what this game desperately needs
This ^ 1,000 times. Been saying this for months. We need Shoryuken-level AA in this game. Would make neutral so much more tense if jump-ins were actually bad for your health. Even if they just improved D2 priority/hitbox again and decreased Startup, or made jumps slightly more floaty.

Punishing jump-ins on reaction is just pure goodness.

btw all these hurtbox changes you suggest would make grandmaster top tier
Not if Ice Clone had a hurtbox :rolleyes:

ando1184

Noob
It wouldn't affect the air time to execute the attack. Just slightly prolong it due to the added jump start up.
That's kind of my concern, I play Kano and seeing as how he already has ridiculously slow start up and a floaty jump arc to begin with, his insta air ball would become extremely telegraphed wouldn't it?
Speaking of Kano, I think the b121 change is a little excessive. I've been saying along with countless others in the Kano community that the only change he ever needed in CT was for his b1 hitbox to be better. Slice should just revert back to what it was -8 (-7 at best) and everything else should be left as is. That is, if we have to nerf him again.

Oh and I noticed you left out the inconsistency of KJ (ancestral) ex low chakram's gap sometimes. Depending on where your spaced it becomes gapless off of certain strings and pokes. You listed that issue with Sonya but KJ has it in Ancestral with low chakram as well. That needs to be addressed IMO.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
1 bar block breaker kills the Bo Rai Cho

What do you mean with the extra jump frames? Is the idea that jumps stay the same but I get less 5% combos from people jumping out of pressure?

I disagree with the weapon hitbox thing I think that's too big of a change and I agree that it would look and feel weird.

I whole heartedly agree with the Bo Rai Cho changes. I would also make his f4 slightly faster. It's kind of worthless as is.

Aftershock DD1 not going away on block could create a weird meta where the Tremor player just blocks until you jump or give him advantage. I don't think that'd be the end of the world balance wise but it could be strange.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@YOMI REO

-Completely agree with Fisticuffs needing an exfistbump, i've been saying it for ages xD

About this for Balanced Kenshi
"- The last hit of EX Tele-Beatdown (B,F+3+BLK) is now +10 on block."

You also mean all hits of EX Tele-Beatdown come out on block? If so, super agree.
If not, the only utility would be in the corner after a combo into EX Tele-Beatdown restand...

I think the move should be a mid, with different frames than regular Teleflurry (more unsafe on block).

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
how he already has ridiculously slow start up and a floaty jump arc to begin with, his insta air ball would become extremely telegraphed wouldn't it?
Ridiculously slow Startup? You mean Air Ball, the move with 2 Startup frames, fastest in the game? How does adding 3 Startup frames to Jump make it extremely telegraphed? Especially since all characters get that 3 Startup on Jump, not just Kano.

3 frames is 0.05 seconds.

ando1184

Noob
Ridiculously slow Startup? You mean Air Ball, the move with 2 Startup frames, fastest in the game? How does adding 3 Startup frames to Jump make it extremely telegraphed? Especially since all characters get that 3 Startup on Jump, not just Kano.

3 frames is 0.03 seconds.
No I mean his jump, it has slow startup, and yes it is possibly the worst jump in the game.
Edit: Also, I'm asking in the form of a question out of concern, not insinuating anything. I know air ball is fast but the question is directly referring to jumping and how much the opponent realizes a jump is taking place. That's what the whole question is revolving around. Thanks for doing the math, idk the numbers and how frames affected that per se? Hence the questions

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
YOMI REO this concerns me. As we know netherealm now have a Q/A staff member who also takes feed back from the community and some of that feedback are then implemented in patches. They may or may not use tym as a source for some of that info if not the majority of it. You being a big name in the community (as well as all the work you've put into it) means that your (personal) patch list is most likely to be seen and perhaps listened to than the majority of everyone else's suggestions. So i will say can you please be a bit more careful with your suggestions. I know its your personal patch notes but - i think some of your suggestions are unfair and some don't even make sense. Your asking for nerf for characters that absolutely don't deserve any, in-fact may even deserve buffs. So to rap up i just wanna say can you be a bit more considerate to other characters even if you hate having to deal with a certain thing a character seems to give you problems with- but that may be the only advantage that character has over everyone else.

@YOMI REO.

I'd have to go back and look but I'm fairly sure Tremor's db2+u is -12 or -14. I was punishing it with F1 a week or so ago.

I never found fault with low shatter being safe (non meter)since his pokes are among the slowest in the game even with their range.

An 8 frame d1 would be marginally better but he would still get bullied by Jason, whose d1 is 6 frames at -2. At bear he'd have to be Frame perfect to even trade. The same goes for Ravenous Mileena doing d1 - Pounce.

As far as Ermac goes. Aside from ex Push, which was the only special adjusted in the XL patch for the character what, in your opinion makes him Top Tier? It must be more than the meter burned Push & a above average Jump .

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
YOMI REO this concerns me. As we know netherealm now have a Q/A staff member who also takes feed back from the community and some of that feedback are then implemented in patches. They may or may not use tym as a source for some of that info if not the majority of it. You being a big name in the community (as well as all the work you've put into it) means that your (personal) patch list is most likely to be seen and perhaps listened to than the majority of everyone else's suggestions. So i will say can you please be a bit more careful with your suggestions. I know its your personal patch notes but - i think some of your suggestions are unfair and some don't even make sense. Your asking for nerf for characters that absolutely don't deserve any, in-fact may even deserve buffs. So to rap up i just wanna say can you be a bit more considerate to other characters even if you hate having to deal with a certain thing a character seems to give you problems with- but that may be the only advantage that character has over everyone else.
I feel like he has considered all the characters and made adjustments for the benefit of the game as a whole.

Whether he is right or not nobody will know because we don't have "MKXXL Reo Edition" to play. So it's all speculation at this point.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
His Jump has slow Startup? What are you talking about? I'm in the lab with Kano right now and his Jump is instant just like everyone else's. His Jump is floaty like that because he has the amazingness that is Air Ball.
Let me stop you right there, amazing is a word referring to moves like Kung jin's dive kick, mileena's tele kick, kotals jump 1, demo Sonya's grenades, etc..... Not a 10% knockdown move that doesn't leads to nothing else, and is full combo punished on block. Yeh pretty amazing compared to the weakass tools the majority of this cast has huh? Instead of overreacting, which you clearly are, can we please just try and be civil? I asked a question to find an answer to a question how I wasn't understanding the effects of what 3f more startup would do to that particular character. So get off your high horse bud. Again read that I'm not insinuating (that means "claiming" btw) anything and just wanted answers on how it would affect insta air ball.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Not sure about some of the general stuff.
I also don't agree with johnny cage F3 not being able to be cancelled on whiff, especially when whiff cancelling allows the opponent to whiff punish you for badly judging your F3 spacing. Oh and the fact he can also whiff cancel 121 so.....

Why add 6frames of delay to shadow kick cancel when A-list players have already built up the muscle memory and i just feel its unwarranted.

I don't think jax jump 1 needs a nerf and his d12 just got fixed last patch why change it again? (has tyrant been whooping that ass) lol

Your 1st 2 smoke patches contradict each other.

I feel like you Bo rai cho dragons breaths patches are too biased. He already does more damage than 80% of the cast without even spending a bar. Perhaps make him able to hold and or special cancel his sweep in dragons breath as well, at-least that way he can low profile a lot of projectiles.

Most of the rest seem to be fine.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I feel like he has considered all the characters and made adjustments for the benefit of the game as a whole.

Whether he is right or not nobody will know because we don't have "MKXXL Reo Edition" to play. So it's all speculation at this point.
If i thought that he had i wouldn't have said what i said.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I agree with all the changes that don't buff directly and indirectly Grandmaster.

For example, the ones with hurtboxes on attacks that go through clone, hell no, it's fine as is.