What's new

Discussion MY MKXL PATCH LIST FOR KP3 (Post Yours)

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
you get punished for using f41 only if you abuse it, as far as my experience goes at least. also I don't thinkk you should ask for buffs so that your character can compete with the top tiers, the tops are those that should probably receive nerfs.

in my opinionn reptile is in an almost perfectly balanced spot at the moment. he could use some slight nerfs in deceptive and nimble and maybe that b2, but besides that reptile's perfect.
I think he's one of the most balanced characters. I don't think he needs any nerfs. If you know the MU for Nimble and Deceptive, he's not really that much of a pain to fight

Nedyrc

Noob
I think as a general gameplay change, low pokes shouldnt be able to be special cancelled.
OH GOD YES. If you fail a poke you shouldnt be able to stop any pressure attempts
Edit: My brain registered 'low' as 'down' for some reason. But im against every kind of (d)poke into special so i agree with this

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Ah , yes, I forgot to add.

Please put in KP3 the universal d2 buff Injustice had.
d2 > all air everything.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
maybe implementing neutral jump attacks to come out only near the peak of the jump arc and being - on block so the move goes back to being used as a hard read and not a somehow legitimate wakeup attack? lmao shits a joke

but keep jump back or forward kicks etc to come out like usual since u get nothing off that and can be used as a defensive tool

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Not sure about some of the general stuff.
I also don't agree with johnny cage F3 not being able to be cancelled on whiff, especially when whiff cancelling allows the opponent to whiff punish you for badly judging your F3 spacing. Oh and the fact he can also whiff cancel 121 so.....

Why add 6frames of delay to shadow kick cancel when A-list players have already built up the muscle memory and i just feel its unwarranted.

I don't think jax jump 1 needs a nerf and his d12 just got fixed last patch why change it again? (has tyrant been whooping that ass) lol

Your 1st 2 smoke patches contradict each other.

I feel like you Bo rai cho dragons breaths patches are too biased. He already does more damage than 80% of the cast without even spending a bar. Perhaps make him able to hold and or special cancel his sweep in dragons breath as well, at-least that way he can low profile a lot of projectiles.

Most of the rest seem to be fine.
dood this is why i dont have hope for nrs games anymore. you're srsly talkin about not agreeing with f3 etc being canceled on wiff / making shit spacing choices n gettin punished

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Ah , yes, I forgot to add.

Please put in KP3 the universal d2 buff Injustice had.
d2 > all air everything.
A fellow Nimble player and Sub Zero hater.
We do not share blood, but we are still brothers.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I personally think that not being able to burn that 3rd spark on block would eliminate a mind game that reeeeeeeeeeeeeally helps Imposter's neutral. The grab thing I'm game for, or even let him do it but make it a normal 12%.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
dood this is why i dont have hope for nrs games anymore. you're srsly talkin about not agreeing with f3 etc being canceled on wiff / making shit spacing choices n gettin punished
Yes i am- and this is when i question the ability of the person asking the question. Everytime iv whiffed F3 cancel iv been full combo punished for it. Your not plus on whiff matey mate, you don't do any chip damage on whiff and you don't get plus frames to jail oh and you also just used up a quarter of your stamina. So please explain to me how thats in johnny cages advantage? Or are you just so slow at reacting?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think he's one of the most balanced characters. I don't think he needs any nerfs. If you know the MU for Nimble and Deceptive, he's not really that much of a pain to fight
In my opinion the old start-ups for nimble were better and I never understood why reptile doesn't take damage while invisible. it makes no sense.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Yes i am- and this is when i question the ability of the person asking the question. Everytime iv whiffed F3 cancel iv been full combo punished for it. Your not plus on whiff matey mate, you don't do any chip damage on whiff and you don't get plus frames to jail oh and you also just used up a quarter of your stamina. So please explain to me how thats in johnny cages advantage? Or are you just so slow at reacting?
WHAT
THE
FUCK????????

are you trolling atm?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
In my opinion the old start-ups for nimble were better and I never understood why reptile doesn't take damage while invisible. it makes no sense.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't play Deceptive just yet) it's only the first hit where he doesn't take damage. If someone know the Deceptive MU they can use armor when the Reptile turns invisible.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
I agree with the general changes but essentially killing impostor wouldn't balance the game at all. Revert the tele buff, or don't touch a single thing (since to most people that's what makes him so broken)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Are you gonna answer my question or waste my time?
soo you're not trolling?... or??

have you ever played footsies in your life dude? fighting games basic lvl 1 : spacing / footsies
“Footsies” is oldschool slang for the mid-range ground-based aspect of fighting game strategy. The ultimate goal is to control the flow of the match, bait the opponent into committing errors, and punish everything

you're saying since you are obviously not very good at this, you should be rewarded with safety for being bad?
So when is it fair to hit you im concerned for your opponents because you seem to be playing a completely diff genre

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
you have a forward advancing mid that you can literally throw out and cancel into block in order to bait stuff. He doesn't need it.
Ye i understand that but in all honestly i don't really see it as that much of a big deal - i mean i throw out a F3 and i cancel and block and lost my turn its now my opponents turn, who is now close enough now to grab me or do his pressure so.. i dont think its as crazy as you guys are making it sound- i mean iv been punished more than anything for throwing out F3 on whiff than i have gained an advantage.

shura30

Shura
I don't believe they're going to mess up with the game system anymore
(altough afg's suggestion for low pokes to not be special cancellable is awesome)
IF a patch will drop it'll be a more of the same of what we've already seen, balancing a few specials and frames here and there, minor stuff not a complete overhaul
unless they go crazy like they did with the new netcode

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Ye i understand that but in all honestly i don't really see it as that much of a big deal - i mean i throw out a F3 and i cancel and block and lost my turn its now my opponents turn, who is now close enough now to grab me or do his pressure so.. i dont think its as crazy as you guys are making it sound- i mean iv been punished more than anything for throwing out F3 on whiff than i have gained an advantage.
The point is that there is no other character in this game that can cover a whiff like that - something you can basically hit confirm. You lose your turn but you stay safe where as other characters would get hit. You can even cancel into d4 and just low profile and attempt at you. It's super good dude, it's not what makes him ridiculous but he definitely doesn't need it

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
soo you're not trolling?... or??

have you ever played footsies in your life dude? fighting games basic lvl 1 : spacing / footsies
“Footsies” is oldschool slang for the mid-range ground-based aspect of fighting game strategy. The ultimate goal is to control the flow of the match, bait the opponent into committing errors, and punish everything

you're saying since you are obviously not very good at this, you should be rewarded with safety for being bad?
So when is it fair to hit you im concerned for your opponents because you seem to be playing a completely diff genre
So its ok for sonya to whiff a divekick and go for a mix up? Have you really lost that many matches because of F3 whiff cancels? Your obviously not that good i mean if thats that much of a problem for you then your doing something wrong. Walking back literally eliminates the whole f3 whiff cancel thing and like i said above- if you whiff a f3 you have less stamina to back dash or do another cancel you literally just have to sit there and block until stamina recovers so... ye not that much of a big deal to me

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
The point is that there is no other character in this game that can cover a whiff like that - something you can basically hit confirm. You lose your turn but you stay safe where as other characters would get hit. You can even cancel into d4 and just low profile and attempt at you. It's super good dude, it's not what makes him ridiculous but he definitely doesn't need it
There is -she's called sonya and she has a dive kick that she can whiff into a 50/50