What's new

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic exists no more

RYX

BIG PUSHER
how does Violent Video Game player=Psycopath
How does dancing as a man=gay
How does believing in evolution=satanist

Its a completely dramatized generalization, very common in society today lol
I don't believe any of those are remotely logical.

Lol society,

Flagg

Noob
I accept men for however they may come - masculine, feminine, both, metro, homo, hetero, bi,

So however you come across and act, I accept.
A cartoon show, clothes, sports, doesn't make a man a man.
It's the qualities of integrity, respect, etc, that do in my opinion.

And I agree, some parts of society bash on men for being too masculine, and I LOL at the hypocracy that sends off.
Oh I agree and in some ways, I agreed with your previous post, especially the point of playing video games. Even though it is more accepted now, there is a certain amount of "childishness" attached to playing on a console, even in this day and age. I am in my twilight years of gaming, you could say MK 9 sort of brought me out of gaming retirement, but if things go well with my ex, my career and the big one, emigrating, then my game playing days will be at an end.

I know I can be a bit caustic but the world we live in today is unforgiving. Men are chastised for being too feminine or too masculine, you really cant win, and women probably have an easier time of it now than they ever had in history. It's hypocritical because I think men are confused on how they should act. I recently had a fight with my ex, she said she initially likes guys that are stand offish, a challenge, someone who wont swoon over her and I got shitty about it and criticised her. The dumb thing is, it's EXACTLY how I got her so it's completely hypocritical of me to judge her (and she hasn't spoke to me for a week, rightly so). It really is a battle on how one should act, all the time.

And you're right, I think what makes a man is getting his shit in order and looking after his family and loved ones.

If I have said anything that made anyone feel emasculated, I do apologise for that. My opinion doesnt change on the whole Pony thing, but i'll learn to keep schtum in future. One thing I do know about all guys, no matter what you are like, men never want to feel less of a man.

Flagg

Noob
masculine sports:
wrestling: half naked dudes in tights smothering each other
boxing: shirtless men wearing bright red gloves fighting over a purse

one could say someone could like these sports for the "wrong" reasons,
and someone could say someone hates something for the wrong reasons.
Perhaps not evey1 is like you, and if you cannot except people for being different by nature, you are not leading by example of being accepting, which to me and others is what being masculine is. Masculinity is tolerance.
ya know what if people who read your post were gay/metrosexual? you might come off as a dick.
Cmon man, that's a bit straw. Free style wrestling and boxing is about the art and athleticism behind it, not tuning in to see rippling muscles.

Oh I agree and in some ways, I agreed with your previous post, especially the point of playing video games. Even though it is more accepted now, there is a certain amount of "childishness" attached to playing on a console, even in this day and age. I am in my twilight years of gaming, you could say MK 9 sort of brought me out of gaming retirement, but if things go well with my ex, my career and the big one, emigrating, then my game playing days will be at an end.

I know I can be a bit caustic but the world we live in today is unforgiving. Men are chastised for being too feminine or too masculine, you really cant win, and women probably have an easier time of it now than they ever had in history. It's hypocritical because I think men are confused on how they should act. I recently had a fight with my ex, she said she initially likes guys that are stand offish, a challenge, someone who wont swoon over her and I got shitty about it and criticised her. The dumb thing is, it's EXACTLY how I got her so it's completely hypocritical of me to judge her (and she hasn't spoke to me for a week, rightly so). It really is a battle on how one should act, all the time.

And you're right, I think what makes a man is getting his shit in order and looking after his family and loved ones.

If I have said anything that made anyone feel emasculated, I do apologise for that. My opinion doesnt change on the whole Pony thing, but i'll learn to keep schtum in future. One thing I do know about all guys, no matter what you are like, men never want to feel less of a man.
No, your post was not out of context.
I'm a Biology/Psychology Major and these discussions intrigue me.
I've heard countless discussions on Gender Roles, and well yeah, my posts pretty much sum it up.

Sadly, some men who want to be accepted as more feminine bash on the more masculine men, and vice versa.

Flagg

Noob
No, your post was not out of context.
I'm a Biology/Psychology Major and these discussions intrigue me.
I've heard countless discussions on Gender Roles, and well yeah, my posts pretty much sum it up.

Sadly, some men who want to be accepted as more feminine bash on the more masculine men, and vice versa.
Well having done Psychology and Biology, do you not think men are naturally hard wired for conflict? Through out most of the animal kingdom, the male of the species is significantly bigger and stronger than their female counterparts, for good reason.

We might like to call ourselves "civilised" but humans are still ruled by the baser, more primal instincts.

Well having done Psychology and Biology, do you not think men are naturally hard wired for conflict? Through out most of the animal kingdom, the male of the species is significantly bigger and stronger than their female counterparts, for good reason.

We might like to call ourselves "civilised" but humans are still ruled by the baser, more primal instincts.
Yes, men indeed are. But to say that all men in general must act this way because they will be considered "pussies" isn't right either.

It also depends heavily on the "Nature vs Nurture" concept as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

It's not the "world" we live in it's America. Gender roles are much different in certain cultures, many of them are the complete opposite of ours. The men stay home with the kids and do around the house work, while the women go out and hunt and provide for the family. While that is bizarre to us, it's as normal as the opposite is for us. It's something called "cultural relativism". Which essentially means society or civilization isn't something that's absolute or that can only be objectively one way. Our ideas, customs, conceptions, or otherwise are a product of our own cultures and only go as far as such. I learned about it in Anthropology class last semester, very interesting stuff. In some cultures even, the parents prefer their kids to be homosexuals because there's certain roles for them and/or they can perform the roles of a man and a woman.

Way too off-topic, but just wanted to point that out.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Cmon man, that's a bit straw. Free style wrestling and boxing is about the art and athleticism behind it, not tuning in to see rippling muscles.
but my point was every1 will like different things for different reasons, and theres no way you can read peoples minds and know everything about them, so why judge a group of people at face value. besides i know the people who liked my post can read between the lines.
btw i love boxing and ufc fighting is fucking awesome imo, but when some of my close friends say things like " i don't like it, it's seems like a glorified human cockfight. its kinda fascist." i say things like " i can see that, you have your right to descent." Not:

"im so alpha male and this is pinnacle of testosterone, i have balls, btw i have BALLS! why dont you become a man because you like different things then me. i know your sexuality because you like a silly cartoon."

see because maybe you had a chance to bend people to understanding you and being on your side, especially me, because when i first got here i thought those ponies were silly too but i never dissed people. but then you dissed people you dont know. now people who are straight, who like that game dont like you. Gay and metrosexuals who hate this game don't like you. all because you had to say something about something that obviously barely mattered to you. And now people who hate people who make attacks against groups of people from shallow assumptions don't like you.
that last line is the category i fall in.

srry for that being a bit wordy, i had to think about my audience.

Illmatix

btw no one answered my question from earlier, what is the show even about? do they fight crime and shit?

Reactions: SLy

Illmatix

no, it's about...

friendship.
oh i c why hasbro would want to cut it out then lol
dude then this game is pretty hilarious in it's own right.

EDIT: im ultra salty, i thought it was like this gens power puff girls but with ponies lol
lmao crime fighting ponies

RYX

BIG PUSHER
oh i c why hasbro would want to cut it out then lol
dude then this game is pretty hilarious in it's own right.
PETA would disagree

i thought they sent a cease/desist because they felt a profit could be made or some other stupid shit

Flagg

Noob
but my point was every1 will like different things for different reasons, and theres no way you can read peoples minds and know everything about them, so why judge a group of people at face value. besides i know the people who liked my post can read between the lines.
btw i love boxing and ufc fighting is fucking awesome imo, but when some of my close friends say things like " i don't like it, it's seems like a glorified human cockfight. its kinda fascist." i say things like " i can see that, you have your right to descent." Not:

"im so alpha male and this is pinnacle of testosterone, i have balls, btw i have BALLS! why dont you become a man because you like different things then me. i know your sexuality because you like a silly cartoon."

see because maybe you had a chance to bend people to understanding you and being on your side, especially me, because when i first got here i thought those ponies were silly too but i never dissed people. but then you dissed people you dont know. now people who are straight, who like that game dont like you. Gay and metrosexuals who hate this game don't like you. all because you had to say something about something that obviously barely mattered to you. And now people who hate people who make attacks against groups of people from shallow assumptions don't like you.
that last line is the category i fall in.

srry for that being a bit wordy, i had to think about my audience.
Lol, this is my favourite post by you! Yes its wrong to make assumptions based on initial facts, but we all do it! I don't hate gays by the way and metrosexual is just my term for big girly men.

Illmatix

LOL

that joke went over your head

then again, it wasn't very good to begin with
fkin internet sarcasm lol

i was thinking to myself:
Peta can protect real animals, but cartoon animals are fair game lol.

Reactions: RYX
No but seriously, why wait this long to serve them up?
They had to have known about the game long before now.
Because why take the bad PR on something that may not even come out? Fan projects flare out constantly. Rights Holders only get involved with the ones that actually, or might actually, come out. A similar thing happened with that Streets of Rage fanproject last year(?). They didn't get their C & D until the game came out because before then it wasn't certain it would.

Reactions: ZAQ

Illmatix

Lol, this is my favourite post by you! Yes its wrong to make assumptions based on initial facts, but we all do it! I don't hate gays by the way and metrosexual is just my term for big girly men.
i feel yo, atleast you apologized and i commend you for that, and if i ever make a judgement like that i hope people try to bust me out. i really hate when i make assumptions and i think it's something we can all improve on.

Justice

Noob
I think if it was handled right, it could have been fun and still maintained the values set forth by Hasbro. It reminds me of one of the early Pokemon films. Pokemon is all about cute monsters and friendsip and happy things too. In this movie, Mewtwo gathers up all the pokemon and strips them of their pokemon abilities and forces them to fight each other "as God intended". They really played up the horribleness of it and how the fights wouldn't end with just a KO and the pokemon could actually die. The MLP game could have really played up the fact that they are just making friends and having fun but I can see Hasbro being nervous about taking their property in a direction they hadn't intended.

I also think that the FGC is going to miss out on an unexpected opportunity with MLP. This would have been a game that girls could call their own and not be ashamed to play. It could have gotten girls to start to come to tournaments to support it and then be exposed to other games they might like and want to support, thereby bringing more girls into the FGC in general. So while I could not personally stand the idea of a MLP fighting game, in the bigger picture it probably would have been a good thing.