What's new

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic exists no more

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
But I don't understand why people choose to be obsessed with this show in particular. All other children shows are pretty much shunned and yet somehow this one is trendy?
it's kinda like hello kitty. i used to know these goth chicks in high school who were ultra into it. It's all in the cuteness of characters i guess.

But I don't understand why people choose to be obsessed with this show in particular. All other children shows are pretty much shunned and yet somehow this one is trendy?
Hmm.....those who choose to be more than just fans and wish to be obsessed probably only want to be different for the sake of being different, but I don't know for sure, so don't take my word for it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It has a certain appeal to it. We're not obsessed though, we just enjoy the show. Plus it's just better in quality than other cartoons

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I thought fan-made games were perfectly legal as long as they were non-profit?
Nope they can shut down even non-profit games, some companies are even douches about it. I followed an online group that was remaking an old Sega Genesis Beat Em' Up called Streets of Rage for PC, they contacted Sega prior to starting anything major and Sega okay'd it. 7 years later the day the final build was released, Sega comes back and tells them to shut it down -_____- That was almost 7 years down the drain had one of the members not posted an alternate download link on websites like TBP ;)

It's a shame, especially when the dev's have good intentions.

SLy

Noob
The show looks like it brings a lot of people who are older in age back to the more simpler times of T.V.

Its another form of Regression in my opinion..

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I'm so out of the loop with MLP. I thought it was just some cute show that got memes made out of it for the lulz. Never heard of the term "bronies" before, or knew it actually had a huge hardcore male fanbase. That's interesting. lol.

I was going to write more, but ERR0R MACR0 said everything I had in mind. lol

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I wasn't gonna play the game, but still sad to hear that it got shut down after all the hard work they put into it.

This is actually the first C & D for a fan project that I actually agree with. Whether it was for charity or not, the My Little Pony franchise was used, via this game, to raise money without Hasboro's consent in the EVO drive. If it wasn't for someone putting that game int he running, this probably wouldn't have happened.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
This is actually the first C & D for a fan project that I actually agree with. Whether it was for charity or not, the My Little Pony franchise was used, via this game, to raise money without Hasboro's consent in the EVO drive. If it wasn't for someone putting that game int he running, this probably wouldn't have happened.
Damn, you know thats the most logical thing it could be too. It also explains the whole timing thing.

Damn, you know thats the most logical thing it could be too. It also explains the whole timing thing.
Yeah, but since the money was for charity, Breast Cancer Research I believe, one would think that Hasbro would embrace that. Their property was raising money for a good cause.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
lol, that person probably feels like shit right now... :/

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Wouldnt that be pleasant if Mane6 either:
-works this out in their favor or
-retool the muscles to the skeleton of this game and produce their own indie title, completely unrelated to MLP :3

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yeah, but since the money was for charity, Breast Cancer Research I believe, one would think that Hasbro would embrace that. Their property was raising money for a good cause.
Yea, but I bet you there is a ton of clauses and red tape concerning the franchise where making any money for any reason using their brand, without their permission would cause problems. I'm no expert on the law, but I've read enough EULA's and copyright things to know something like that is probably written in somewhere.

Without their permission though. Charity or not, once money starts changing hands you need to have the proper forms filled out. That the cause was good doesn't change the fact that Hasboro and My Little Pony was being tied to something they hadn't agreed to.