What's new

My current Top 10 in Mortal Kombat XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balanced does not have advantage vs Gm Sub anymore. It was close to 6-4 prepatch. Now it's 5-5.

Possessed is the best choice vs Gm.
Now this is funny. Balanced wrecks Sub Zero, And Possesed Annihilates him. Balanced vs Grandmaster is 7-3 and Possesed vs Grandmaster is 9-1 right now.

Balanced does not have advantage vs Gm Sub anymore. It was close to 6-4 prepatch. Now it's 5-5.

Possessed is the best choice vs Gm.
I disagree with using Possessed against Grandmaster. The main reason is Possessed needs Overhead Slice to keep his best pressure strings safe, a true block string, help him build meter and enhance his mixups (42 and 421 xx to the fuzzyable high/low mixup or Teleport, for example). The problem for Possessed is Sub's Ex Slide punishes (Possessed) Overhead Slice on block. So Possessed can only pressure safely when he has meter to keep himself safe and when Possessed uses meter to stay safe that's less meter for his damaging combos considering his meterless damage is low. And considering Possessed is a more aggressive variation it wants to get close to Sub to do its damage and that's what Sub wants. Also consider that Sub's Ex Slide can punish Possessed regular Push at ranges that it can't when facing Balanced (this variation has the safest Push).

It also seems from your analysis that Teleflurry his meant to be a zoning tool for Balanced. It isn't in the current patch. That's what Push is for Balanced. Teleflurry is best used as a combo ender to allow Kenshi enough time to reposition himself, like staying full screen or advancing towards the opponent to pester with Push, among other things. Balanced's best position on screen is midrange, just like it was in MK9.

Also, Ex Raising Karma is meant enhances Kenshi's pressure game. For example, Kenshi's stand 1 recovers at 9 frames which means it's not perceptible if Kenshi does just stand 1 to throw or goes for the uninterruptible 111 xx to Raising Karma for full combo. If the opponent tries to tech a throw after the 1, they get full combo punished. If they block he first 1, go for a throw. Reading the opponent is key. Either way you'll get the opponent to full screen and you can zone a little, if you want. And if the guess right they guessed right, welcome to fighting games.

Balanced is best for the Grandmaster matchup.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I disagree with using Possessed against Grandmaster. The main reason is Possessed needs Overhead Slice to keep his best pressure strings safe, a true block string, help him build meter and enhance his mixups (42 and 421 xx to the fuzzyable high/low mixup or Teleport, for example). The problem for Possessed is Sub's Ex Slide punishes (Possessed) Overhead Slice on block. So Possessed can only pressure safely when he has meter to keep himself safe and when Possessed uses meter to stay safe that's less meter for his damaging combos considering his meterless damage is low. And considering Possessed is a more aggressive variation it wants to get close to Sub to do its damage and that's what Sub wants. Also consider that Sub's Ex Slide can punish Possessed regular Push at ranges that it can't when facing Balanced (this variation has the safest Push).

It also seems from your analysis that Teleflurry his meant to be a zoning tool for Balanced. It isn't in the current patch. That's what Push is for Balanced. Teleflurry is best used as a combo ender to allow Kenshi enough time to reposition himself, like staying full screen or advancing towards the opponent to pester with Push, among other things. Balanced's best position on screen is midrange, just like it was in MK9.

Also, Ex Raising Karma is meant enhances Kenshi's pressure game. For example, Kenshi's stand 1 recovers at 9 frames which means it's not perceptible if Kenshi does just stand 1 to throw or goes for the uninterruptible 111 xx to Raising Karma for full combo. If the opponent tries to tech a throw after the 1, they get full combo punished. If they block he first 1, go for a throw. Reading the opponent is key. Either way you'll get the opponent to full screen and you can zone a little, if you want. And if the guess right they guessed right, welcome to fighting games.

Balanced is best for the Grandmaster matchup.
Exslide doesn't punish 42~df4, not even at point blank. 421~df4 gets unpunished by exslide at certain ranges.

Balanced push gets punished by slide or exslide at mid-close range and after every string on block. There is one frame of difference on block with possessed push, which has annoying blockstun, so in practice it's debatable which one is actually safest. Not to mention possessed push antiairs much better due to better vertical hitbox. Balanced push is only substantially better in whiff revovery.

I didn't say teleflurry should be used only to zone. Because it's trash. I said a slide can go under it so Sub is not one of those characters that has particularly bad time getting in on Balanced. Possessed tf is a mid. Tracking sucks, yes.

I'm no fan of 111~exkarma if you can hitconfirm 111 into regular karma. If you want to build meter, can use another ender to be safe vs the majority of the cast, or if you feel the necessity of spending a bar use expush and gain the guaranteed pushback and space no matter if they block it or not. 11 is -1 too.

Possessed armor outlasses Balanced armor, no contest here.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No, Tanya definitely deserves a top 10 spot, especially in this version of the game.

Dvorah? No, Cassie is debatable.
I'll believe you if you ft10 Honeybee and win it.
Consider it a placement match... if you win, Tanya is top 10, if he wins, D'Vorah is. :p

ismael4790

Kenshi's D2 is 100% consistent vs Sub's jump ins, even when he does a perfect cross over jump 1 or jump 3.

Level up lol.
Like reo would say, everything is consistent in training mode.

Uppercut is as consistent, reliable and rewarding as exrising karma to antiair and anticrossup, yep...In next chapter, block low when you see Kano's leg lift.

If people can't see how Balanced main strength which was antiair and anticrossup has been hurted in last patch (obviously not only vs Sub), the blindness surpasses the one Kenshi has.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Like reo would say, everything is consistent in training mode.

Uppercut is as consistent, reliable and rewarding as exrising karma to antiair and anticrossup, yep...In next chapter, block low when you see Kano's leg lift.

If people can't see how Balanced main strenght which was antiair and anticrossup has been hurted in last patch (obviously not only vs Sub), the blindness surpasses the one Kenshi has.
Tweedy is probably the best Kenshi in the Sub matchup, if I recall correctly he slaughtered Brady last they played

ismael4790

Tweedy is probably the best Kenshi in the Sub matchup, if I recall correctly he slaughtered Brady last they played
I'm not comparing any players here, nor talking about matchups or sets played.
I'm talking about a specific property of Balanced Kenshi which, btw is not even the variation that this guy mains. Anyway, I don't specially look at the names of the people who write, but to what they have to say. I have seen people that has won majors (which is not the case) saying bullshit, so the "this guy said it" doesn't work for me.

I'm fine if you think Balanced's antiair and anticrossup game is not hurted in this version in comparison to the other one. But it's not true xD

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm not comparing any players here, nor talking about matchups or sets played.
I'm talking about Balanced Kenshi which, btw is not even the variation that this guy mains. Anyway, I don't specially look at the names of the people who write, but to what they have to say. I have seen people that has won majors (which is not the case) saying bullshit.

I'm fine if you think Balanced's antiair and anticrossup game is not hurted in this version in comparison to the other one. But it's not true xD
I didn't say his anti air game didn't get hurt. You said Sub could abuse Kenshi by jumping which couldn't be more false. Sub should lose 14% every time he leaves the ground vs Kenshi. So what if Tweedy uses Possessed, D2 in Balanced is exactly the same.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm 100% correct about his D2 though.

Like it's not an opinion or up for debate. It's not me being fooled by training mode. His D2 works every time if you're on point. Sorry.

ismael4790

I didn't say his anti air game didn't get hurt. You said Sub could abuse Kenshi by jumping which couldn't be more false. Sub should lose 14% every time he leaves the ground vs Kenshi. So what if Tweedy uses Possessed, D2 in Balanced is exactly the same.
14% is trash vs the chance of landing a crossup (still one of the best crossups, if not the best, in the game, btw) into potential 50/50 into corner carry into corner party. If you are telling me d2 always works vs sub crossup, 100% times, ok. I don't agree. But even if you think it has decent consistency, there is no debate about ex rising karma having better consistency and better reward for antiair and anticrossup than a shitty 14%. Thus Balanced antiair and anticrossup game is hurted. Thus a character that has good jumps and crossups smiles to it.

D2 in Balanced is the same as possessed ofc. The armors are not, they are involved in antiair too.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
14% is trash vs the chance of landing a crossup (still one of the best crossups, if not the best, in the game, btw) into potential 50/50 into corner carry into corner party. If you are telling me d2 always works vs sub crossup, 100% times, ok. I don't agree. But even if you think it has decent consistency, there is no debate about ex rising karma having better consistency and better reward for antiair and anticrossup than a shitty 14%. Thus Balanced antiair and anticrossup game is hurted. Thus a character that has good jumps and crossups smiles to it.
It's not about if you agree. The fact is Kenshi can beat Sub-Zero's jump ins. He can.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.

ismael4790

Don't put words in my mouth
Let's see if we agree with this lol:

Balanced antiair and anticrossup game is weaker in this version of mkx. He can uppercut like every other member of the cast, but his main threatening super consistent double hitting armored antiair/anticrossup tool has gone (not even given the chance of being two bar launcher), so characters with good jumps/crossups have better risk reward when trying to jump/crossup him than before.

Let's cross fingers, we can do this.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Let's see if we agree with this lol:

Balanced antiair and anticrossup game is weaker in this version of mkx. He can uppercut like every other member of the cast, but his main threatening super consistent double hitting antiair/anticrossup tool has gone, so characters with good jumps/crossups have better risk reward when trying to jump/crossup him than before.

Let's cross fingers, we can do this.
Yeah I can agree to that part. But Kenshi has a very very good D2 and beats the most fucked up jump ins in the game, which still puts his anti air capabilities above most members of the cast which is why the EX RK changes didn't make Sub MU even.

ismael4790

Yeah I can agree to that part. But Kenshi has a very very good D2 and beats the most fucked up jump ins in the game, which still puts his anti air capabilities above most members of the cast which is why the EX RK changes didn't make Sub MU even.
Lol we tried xD

Nah, we see it similarly actually.
It's just that I feel that current version of Balanced promotes bad fundamentals of bunny jumping. Cause 14% is not a great punish. One successful jump/crossup can lead to same damage than three uppercuts into potential bad situation, that's not good for a variation that is focused on defense. Regular karma speed actually punishes jumps on read or from a long distance where nobody should be jumping anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.