What's new

My current Top 10 in Mortal Kombat XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like answering anymore questions lol
Revet, can I ask you one last question? I have been maining Shinnok since day 1 and wonder where his variations stand now in terms of tiers. I really want to know why in your opinion Impostor would be higher then Bone Shaper. Because Wound clearly considers Bone Shaper to be more well rounded and covering more match ups. I won't be trying to prove you or wound wrong, just interested to hear your point of view.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This is wrong on so many levels.

Nobody is even talking about Balanced Kenshi zoning anymore, coz there is nothing to talk about. Its bad, situational at best.

The problem with Balanced Kenshi is the fact his core tools are mediocre at best and that variations adds to it almost nothing beside EX Push.

His 4,2(1) string is slow as fuck and starts with high in a game where many characters have advancing strings (with gaps but nobody cares about them anymore) as fast as 7-9 frames. B1 is okish coz its -1 on block, other then that nothing to write home about, pretty slow (13f) and there is no way anybody gonna hit confirm it, not to mention its not a true mid (althou thats a common thing).

His poking game is just abysmal (Kenshi in general) and his backdash... what backdash?

There is no mind games vs Balanced Kenshi, block low, tech throws and bully him on oki usually baiting EX Push which is easy to jump over and even if blocked does nothing for him.

Balanced Kenshi is like Kenshi without any variation really, the only thing worth mentioning that it adds is again EX Push.

There is pletora of characters/variations in the game which are better by miles in mid range / neutral then Balanced Kenshi that's the reality.

I agree with you thou that Possessed is vastly overrated but i disagree with the statement that Balanced Kenshi is almost as good as Possessed. The last one at least has usable overhead and godlike armor + teleport gimmick. Balanced only have mediocre / bad core Kenshi moves (which all variation have obviously) + EX Push.

This downplay disgusts me.

First of all, throws are 50/50s in this game so no, no one is teching them all. Stop shitposting.

Secondly, Kenshi's b1 is good. 13 frames isn't slow at all. Its unreactable. It's a solid footsie tool and it compliments his solid walk speed.

This "it's a high argument" is, and always will be, utter bullshit. Unless it's Mileena or some shit, moves being high isn't nearly as big a deal as TYM makes it out to be. Once they block expecting a poke, you do your string and start your staggering. If you think they're going to mash, counterpoke and use your plus frames to start a string or throw, or block the mash, walk back, and whiff punish since they keep hitting buttons.

The "slow as fuck" stand 4 gets used ALL the time by Possessed players, I see no reason why Balanced players can't do it. Instead of tossing out special moves and shit, play nuetral.

Shimmy, walk back, don't just chuck out teleflurries.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Only two of your top 10 don't have a teleport.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

#GiveJacquiATeleport2017
Change MB absorb to MB teleport dash punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.