What's new

My 5 Anime Recommendations

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Are this video games? Cause if they are not then you missed on the best anime which is Saint Seiya!

Samurai x was cool too.

Yoaks

A spaceman
So I've watched some AoT and I see why ppl love it but it's just not tripping my trigger. Currently watching and enjoying Kill La Kill a lot!

One's I'm gonna look into from some of the recommendations:

Mirai Nikki

Clannad

Black Bullet

Sword Art Online

Berserk

Also! Is it a blowup that I haven't seen Trigun yet?

EDIT: Also gonna watch Neon Genesis Evangelion sometime soon. I hear so many good things about this anime!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure looks interesting too.

Last edited:

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
And if you like off beat humor I cant recommend anything higher than Gintama, but since thats well known I give 5/5 stars to Cromartie High School. Seriously its like a experience lol. And the dub is even better than the original.

AkTiVe

o.o
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Dragon Ball Z
3. Dragon Ball Z
4. Dragon Ball Z
5. Dragon Ball Z

is their even anything close to how good it is?

Rodrigue

Spongerod
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Dragon Ball Z
3. Dragon Ball Z
4. Dragon Ball Z
5. Dragon Ball Z

is their even anything close to how good it is?
After watching a few animes, I'd say dbz is mid tier compared to the others. Kinda childish, but that's just me :p

Rodrigue

Spongerod
this site really needs a dislike button
Don't get me wrong I didn't say it was bad. I grew up watching DBZ! But some animes are just...well, better. Yu Yu Hakusho, Angel Beats, Deadman Wonderland, Hellsing, Attack on Titan, Bleach and so on :p

Kzaoo

Noob
Just bringing in my opinion here:

Sword Art Online was fucking terrible
Attack On Titan is hilarious
So is Elfen Lied

If I had to recommend any anime, the first one that comes to mind is Monster. It is one of the most mature, thrilling and, just amazing animes of all time. There's no special powers or stupid highschool nonsense... it's just a story about the darkness of a man's heart. It is very psychological and also philosophical, clear themes of nature vs nurture, evil and death are present.

It also has one of the best, most chilling antagonists of all time. Very underrated. Not sure if anybody has mentioned it because this thread was tl;dr

Fan made trailer:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Don't get me wrong I didn't say it was bad. I grew up watching DBZ! But some animes are just...well, better. Yu Yu Hakusho, Angel Beats, Deadman Wonderland, Hellsing, Attack on Titan, Bleach and so on :p
Personally. I only think Yu Yu Hakusho is better than DBZ from the shows you mentioned. But I do agree that there are better anime's than DBZ.
If there were to be a "True" Top 10 anime list; DBZ would be in the middle of that list. Than again, it will be super hard to make a Top 10 list that majority of fans would agree upon. Since there's so many shows out there.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Personally. I only think Yu Yu Hakusho is better than DBZ from the shows you mentioned. But I do agree that there are better anime's than DBZ.
If there were to be a "True" Top 10 anime list; DBZ would be in the middle of that list. Than again, it will be super hard to make a Top 10 list that majority of fans would agree upon. Since there's so many shows out there.
I kinda like darker animes :p except maybe angel beats lol but i agree with you that it's hard to make a true top 10 because apparently, everyone likes deathnote except me! Oh and please don't tell me that you like dbz more than bleach!

Yoaks

A spaceman
I kinda like darker animes :p except maybe angel beats lol but i agree with you that it's hard to make a true top 10 because apparently, everyone likes deathnote except me! Oh and please don't tell me that you like dbz more than bleach!
I do like DBZ more than Bleach! :cool:

EDIT: I also don't care for Death Note.

RoGE

Noob
A few anime opinions of mine:

-SAO was horrible, especially second season. Good action scenes though.

-Code Geass had a lot of stupid stuff, season 2 multiplied the stupid by two. However the characters are AMAZING, that's pretty much the reason why I like that anime.

-Attack on Titan and Death Note are pretty epic, just don't take it seriously, same applies to Kill La Kill

-Black Lagoon is just amazing, it's now airing on Toonami, I recommend it if you want a mature anime to watch with some nice action.

-Hunter X Hunter is one of the better shonen style animes but my goodness the pacing is so terrible sometimes it's unbearable.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Elfen Lied was amazing for the bloody mess perk (thanks Fallout: NV) and if you like lewdness with comedy then Heaven's Lost Property (Netflix) is a good one. Sekirei wasn't bad bad either.

Edit: I'm currently watching The Mystic Archives of Dantalian and it's pretty good, but a little odd when "powers" come into play.