What's new

My 5 Anime Recommendations

astronout

see you at the top.
Code Geass (Action, Drama) 2006; 2 seasons

Code Geass is an astounding well written well paced Mecha anime. It has a huge amount of characters boasting lots of character development for each one. Code Geass leaves you on the edge of your seat at a each episode with a plot twist at the end of each episode. Follow Lelouch in his Journey to avenge his mother's death and create a world where his little sister Nunnally can live happily.

Sword Art Online (Action, Adventure) 2012; 2 seasons

SAO is nothing short of a great anime, from the art-style to story-line it seems to have it all. However this anime is quite short, which may be great for some individuals as it contains almost no fillers and each episode keeps you on edge while clicking the next video. I strongly watching this AMAZING anime, it's the best anime series I have watched in a while.

Attack on Titan (Action, Dark) 2013-ongoing

I can say with absolute certainty that Attack on Titan is one of the best Anime I have seen.
If you're okay with long story arcs, lots of action, many depressing moments, and many very surprising moments, this will be an absolutely wonderful Anime for you. The show really holds you in and makes you crave for more - Even after you finish it. The fighting in this show is spectacular, and very well done.
The art is pretty high quality, and is pretty unique.

Death Note (Drama, Dark) 2006-2007; 2 seasons

This anime is intelligent, supernatural, thrilling, humorous, and contains qualities of a great anime. This anime shows one of the greatest intellectual battles in anime history. It's an idle mind vs a mind of justice. Both of these forces are the few geniuses in their age, and lead to a battle that would forever change history.

No Game No Life (Strategy, Comedy) 2014-ongoing

If you have not watched this anime yet then do yourself a favor and do. This anime has no flaws, and I don't say that lightly. The art is spectacular, it is the most visually appealing anime I have ever seen. The music is great and fits the show very well. The story is original, interesting, and overall just great, and the characters are fantastic. What else do I need to say just go watch it already!

Reviews from users on Crunchyroll.com
Gifs from Tumblr

Last edited:

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
No Game No Life looks like it has some beautiful artwork! Definitely will be checking that one out soon. It's been forever since I've watched anime.

astronout

see you at the top.
No Game No Life looks like it has some beautiful artwork! Definitely will be checking that one out soon. It's been forever since I've watched anime.
i've watched a lot of anime and it's the most visually stimulating and unique art style i've ever seen.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
sword art online got pretty stale for me towards the end, idk about you but it just got too love oriented for me going into the end. still is VERRRRY good though.

Attack on titan is fucking AMAZING.. thats all i have to say about it. if you haven't seen it.... then you fuckin up..

havent seen the other ones, besides a small bit of death note. maybe ill give that one another try sometime soon.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Code Geass = Love it! Never get tired of watching it!

Sword Art Online = Never heard of it. Will give it a look.

Attack on Titan = Heard nothing but great things about it.

Death Note = Eh. Wasn't really my cup of tea. Like the ending tho.

No Games No Life = Your'e a Batgirl player! I'll never take up your recommendation!! :DOGE

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Code Geass = Love it! Never get tired of watching it!

Sword Art Online = Never heard of it. Will give it a look.

Attack on Titan = Heard nothing but great things about it.

Death Note = Eh. Wasn't really my cup of tea. Like the ending tho.

No Games No Life = Your'e a Batgirl player! I'll never take up your recommendation!! :DOGE
you didnt like Death Note :confused:

Geass was amazing id suggest evangelion to those who liked it
Death Note is probably one of the best Anime series' ever
havent watched Attack on Titan or SAO yet
never heard of No Games No Life

Mirai nikki

Black Bullet (show just started so its only 7 episodes in)

Blood Lad

I PROMISE you will not ve dissapointed by these. Especially Black Bullet, that anime is the biggest surprise for me on how amazing it is.

Yoaks

A spaceman
you didnt like Death Note :confused:

Geass was amazing id suggest evangelion to those who liked it
Death Note is probably one of the best Anime series' ever
havent watched Attack on Titan or SAO yet
never heard of No Games No Life
You don't like GL's wakeup Lift! GET AT ME!!!!

astronout

see you at the top.
Mirai nikki

Black Bullet (show just started so its only 7 episodes in)

Blood Lad

I PROMISE you will not ve dissapointed by these. Especially Black Bullet, that anime is the biggest surprise for me on how amazing it is.
I've just started watching black bullet a few days ago and it's indeed very good.

another 2014 anime that i want to recommend is
The Irregular at Magic High School

Although rather intriguing thus far, it has a ton of potential to be great.

Jon Berg

Noob
I dunno, I've only watched two anime's in my entire life. Death note was really cool, but Attack on Titan was fucking awful.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
No Game, No Life is bes

Fate/ Zero is bes

Kara no Kyoukai is bes (though dialogue-heavy, and very story-oriented so if you're not into that, you can stay away)

Btooom! IMO is the best videogame-themed anime. Very good story and lots of gore and action (the manga is 10x more gore). The only downside is that it's ridiculously short (12 episodes only)

SAO is nice and all but the anime was poorly adapted so the story came out all weird. Though the soundtrack is still godlike.

Mirai Nikki is really cool too though the writing gets lazy at the end.

Psycho-Pass is good. Action is good, animation is good, soundtrack is good, story is good. Nothing bad I can say about it.

Guilty Crown has good action, good story, good artwork, good sountrack but mediocre characters.

If you want to cry no matter how manly you think you are, watch Clannad.

For some psychological stuff there are Shinsekai Yori , Dangan Ronpa and Steins; Gate

If you want to laugh: WataMote , NouCome and Angel Beats

I agree with this list. Except for Sword art Online. >_>; To each their own.

Gurren Lagann (Hype Action)

Higurashi no naku koro ni (For all of your Murderous / Mystery / Suspense needs)

Black Lagoon (Toonami Actually got to this one but it'll be a while before they get to season 2. Manga is also good. )

Psycho-Pass (NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART)

Just throwing some out there.