What's new

Mr. Donald Sterling

Like I said before you shouln't have to cheat if you are that good of a player in any sport, but if they ref counts it then I guess yeah take the chance.. But let me say this, there is already a thread on this but I dont give a shit I'll say it anyway. If a Top Player in the FGC is good as they say they are and they are "Pro's" they have to be good on EVERY character and use every character in the fighting game not just 3 or just top tiers. They also dont have to counter pick during tourneys, just pick a character and go, fuck the MU's.
its not cheating to counter-pick its strategy, you play to win the game fuck some sort of blind sense of honor, you exploit your character. Should i not teleport vs zatanna with martian because she can't deal with it??? why can't i pick a character to make it worst for the person, after all if they lose they can counter-pick me back if they adept enough with another character. To win tournaments you have to play with top-tiers and/or counter-pick if the competition is good enough

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
@Peckapowa in my opinion the issue is more that you have a team that has black Superstars on it. You have a Black coach. Fans that are black... Do you get where I'm going with it? Legally he'll have to be removed. That wont sit well with the fans.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
its not cheating to counter-pick its strategy, you play to win the game fuck some sort of blind sense of honor, you exploit your character. Should i not teleport vs zatanna with martian because she can't deal with it??? why can't i pick a character to make it worst for the person, after all if they lose they can counter-pick me back if they adept enough with another character. To win tournaments you have to play with top-tiers and/or counter-pick if the competition is good enough
But if you are a PRO you dont need to counter pick. If a player s good as they say they are they can use any character to own anyone's ass in the game or competition. Or else they just be another person that is just good at the game.

Depends what this is considered. Freedom of speech doesn't protect hate speech fighting words or threats, for example.
its says hate speech incites violence, and/or prejudicial action. I could see these being along the lines of prejudicial action. If kobe gets fined for saying [ban incoming], then something will happen of this. They have the power.

But if you are a PRO you dont need to counter pick. If a player s good as they say they are they can use any character to own anyone's ass in the game or competition. Or else they just be another person that is just good at the game.
no because what happens when people get extremely good, the game becomes mroe and more about what is in the gmae. A tip-top zatanna has no chance vs a tip top martian, thus you must attempt to counter-pick. If the players are good enough the risk-rewards on the guessing games are going to favor someone else. You can't expect me to be 10 times as good as my opponent if he is nearly as knowledgeable and as skilled in me. It doesn't work like that, the game is a system and the system has limitation.

@Peckapowa in my opinion the issue is more that you have a team that has black Superstars on it. You have a Black coach. Fans that are black... Do you get where I'm going with it? Legally he'll have to be removed. That wont sit well with the fans.

the question is do you have the right legally to remove him?? he owns the team. like it or not, you can't just axe him for this. It's a very sticky situation. It's going to be a very dirty legal situation in which the league could potentially be sued. just because the man hurts the image doesn't give you the power to remove his ownership of property. the league is going to press hard to remove him but the law is the law. as grotesque as it is and as much of a sociopath he sounds like i am not sure if this is enough to not just give him a hard slap on the wrist. This is very bad for the league because its not bad enough to get rid of him. We might have a knowingly racist owner for quite some time in a sport which is the most dominant sport in black culture.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
no because what happens when people get extremely good, the game becomes mroe and more about what is in the gmae. A tip-top zatanna has no chance vs a tip top martian, thus you must attempt to counter-pick. If the players are good enough the risk-rewards on the guessing games are going to favor someone else. You can't expect me to be 10 times as good as my opponent if he is nearly as knowledgeable and as skilled in me. It doesn't work like that, the game is a system and the system has limitation.
True, but for example put Kung Lao Vs Kano. Top Tier vs Low tier, of course the MUs is in KL favor but let me say this. If a Top player claims to be a pro at the game, would he be able to defeat KL using a low tier? I mean if he is a pro he can win with the tools the low tier has despite his chances of winning are slim. Or else he would be contradicting himself, and be full of shit claiming that title. Thats how I see it.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
the question is do you have the right legally to remove him?? he owns the team. like it or not, you can't just axe him for this. It's a very sticky situation. It's going to be a very dirty legal situation in which the league could potentially be sued. just because the man hurts the image doesn't give you the power to remove his ownership of property. the league is going to press hard to remove him but the law is the law.
Son read up on it. There are a ton a black athletes and celebrities that want this man removed. MJ, Magic Johnson, Kevin Hart, Snoop, Wayne, The NCAAP, um... The black guy that be debating... I think homie name is Steven A Smith or something... Yeah they not playing bruh. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

True, but for example put Kung Lao Vs Kano. Top Tier vs Low tier, of course the MUs is in KL favor but let me say this. If a Top player claims to be a pro at the game, would he be able to defeat KL using a low tier? I mean if he is a pro he can win with the tools the low tier has despite his chances of winning are slim. Or else he would be contradicting himself, and be full of shit claiming that title. Thats how I see it.
not if the other guy is pro. You could be a competent kenshi vs a perfect almost kano and his options would be absolutely diddly squat. You have to take random and lucky guesses to win, top players need to be put in a situation where there spacing, zoning fundamentals, and reaction matters. Because reads are guesses at heart.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
This guy is an idiot.

And I can't believe people on TYM find that girl attractive. She looks sucked up, too much make up and her morals are just as bad for dating this doucbebag for money.

Level up your taste in women TYM, jeeze.
Boy stop flexin! haha. If she threw that kitty at you you'd run it straight for that touchdown my G. I'm just going off of looks. Dislike her as a person all you want, but she does look nice. IMO anyway.

Son read up on it. There are a ton a black athletes and celebrities that want this man removed. MJ, Magic Johnson, Kevin Hart, Snoop, Wayne, The NCAAP, um... The black guy that be debating... I think homie name is Steven A Smith or something... Yeah they not playing bruh. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
of course everyone wants him removed, but that doesn't igve you the power to remove him is all i am saying. I am well aware of this.

Boy stop flexin! haha. If she threw that kitty at you you'd run it straight for that touchdown my G. I'm just going off of looks. Dislike her as a person all you want, but she does look nice. IMO anyway.
she looks like she spends more time in the plastic surgeons office than anything else. she's scary looking to me.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
its says hate speech incites violence, and/or prejudicial action. I could see these being along the lines of prejudicial action. If kobe gets fined for saying [ban incoming], then something will happen of this. They have the power.
yeah, I doubt we can argue "will there be ramifications", it's definitely "how bad is it gonna be"

He has a point. Dickish as he is, you can't make him sell his team just because some famous black people don't like him

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
can they even legally punish him for it? thats my question... Is it considered workplace discrimination... i don't know. He'll probably get a fine after the playoffs, or a suspenson. But if i post a facebook status that i don't like black people can my work fire me??? it's not as direct as facebook because this was a recorded conversation. My question is is this simply freedom of speech?? we do have that...

Regardless i am not not rooting for the clippers because of this, i root for the players, noone gives a jack shit about the owners, but this is horrific p.r. for the organization and i am sure fans will boycott this.
Sterling was prosecuted by the federal government for blatant racism in the past.

Sterling was prosecuted by the federal government for blatant racism in the past.
you see he was going to get an award from the naacp??

if anything this can be considered discrimination after his girlfriend and she has the right to prosecute him. My questioon is the context of this blatant racism, how did effect business operation. Im not saying this isn't blatant i am just saying this is going to be a very interesting legal scenario. I guarantee the league wants him out because its dreadful from a business standpoint

Error

DF2+R2
It's hate speech and it isn't allowed. The legal term is "Fighting Words".

If this was Canada, he'd be in jail, public hate speech is a crime and not protected as freedom of expression.
It was a phone call, so wouldn't that technically be private? Westboro Baptist Church is all hate speech yet no legal action has worked against them so I don't really think he can be persecuted legally, not that I think he should. I'm against racism, but if people start getting arrested for their opinions, where is the line drawn?

If anything, he'll be removed from his position because he's bringing bad publicity to the NBA or whatever, same thing that happened with Paula Deen.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

if anything this can be considered discrimination after his girlfriend and she has the right to prosecute him. My questioon is the context of this blatant racism, how did effect business operation. Im not saying this isn't blatant i am just saying this is going to be a very interesting legal scenario. I guarantee the league wants him out because its dreadful from a business standpoint
Well I'll tell you 1 thing: his shriveled up penis isn't racist.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
It was a phone call, so wouldn't that technically be private? Westboro Baptist Church is all hate speech yet no legal action has worked against them so I don't really think he can be persecuted legally, not that I think he should. I'm against racism, but if people start getting arrested for their opinions, where is the line drawn?

If anything, he'll be removed from his position because he's bringing bad publicity to the NBA or whatever, same thing that happened with Paula Deen.
He owns the clippers, though> They can't just throw him out

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

He actually already has a lifetime NAACP achievement award lol. This was going to be his second :rolleyes:

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989

It wasn't a phone call. She taped the conversation. In the second link she gets him some juice to calm him down lol.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
not if the other guy is pro. You could be a competent kenshi vs a perfect almost kano and his options would be absolutely diddly squat. You have to take random and lucky guesses to win, top players need to be put in a situation where there spacing, zoning fundamentals, and reaction matters. Because reads are guesses at heart.
Exactly

Error

DF2+R2
It wasn't a phone call. She taped the conversation. In the second link she gets him some juice to calm him down lol.
I mean, it still sounds like it was a private conversation, and it's not illegal to be racist, as long as you're not oppressing someone. I don't follow sports or anything, so I don't really know what will happen, maybe he'll be pressured to resign/sell the team or something, maybe it will be forgotten. :coffee: