What's new

Mr. Donald Sterling

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
In case you guys haven't been catching wind of what happening surrounding Clippers owner here's two links to catch you to speed.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhru2HXpuHjfEF3Nr1

Now let me make this disclaimer. I'm NOT giving my personal opinion on this. I just want to start a discussion with my fellow TYMers asking where do you think The Clippers should go from here? Boycott and not play? Ask for trades, or to be a free agent? And for the fans that are minorities what should they do? continue to support their favorite players, or boycott as well? Wouldn't it be Dope if they made it to the Finals following all of this Drama?! (Lebron *coughs* Heat)

So yes... Let's have an adult discussion about what happens to the Clippers organization now.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That dude is a dick

That chick baited him hellllllla hard, scandalous hard but still that guy is a racist ass

It'll be very interesting to see what comes of this

Also I'd like to add this girl is retarded, she obviously recorded the phone call to get this content to ruin him , she should have blackmailed him because when he's gone and dumps her she might have nothing

Just saying

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The dude is scum and deserves every bad thing that he has coming to him.

Heat are getting their 3peat though. ;)

Edit: What happens to the Clippers? Either Sterling goes or their players will turn on the team and they'll go back to being irrelevant.
I agree

I can't see a single free argent signing or resigning w clippers

They are doomed until new ownership

That dude is a dick

That chick baited him hellllllla hard, scandalous hard but still that guy is a racist ass

It'll be very interesting to see what comes of this

Also I'd like to add this girl is retarded, she obviously recorded the phone call to get this content to ruin him , she should have blackmailed him because when he's gone and dumps her she might have nothing

Just saying
Hence when you're 80 you should probably realize a fine 20 something is out for more than you lol.
Honestly I think the NBA is going to take over the team until they find new ownership. He's disgusting, there's no going around that. Sadly that won't be the deciding factor. The NBA is a business, and they can really make a great impression by reprimanding him so that's what is going to drive it. If they keep him it's going to do nothing but harm them.

Horrible timing too as the Clips had an amazing season and could possibly have made a run without this hanging over their team. They are getting demolished at the moment. All because some old man is stuck in the past thinking he is playing chess with real humans. It's pretty disturbing. He needs to be banned from the league. How is Doc Rivers suppose to ever look that guy in the eyes again? It's despicable.
Heat are getting their 3peat though. ;)
Most likely yes but hopefully someone can at least push them to 7 games

chores

bad at things

Just saying
Maybe she attempted to blackmail him but he refused so she leaked it. It might just be a message from her that she isn't making idle threats and is willing to release the other more damaging recording, which is of Mr. Sterling downplaying martian manhunter

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Personally I wouldn't leave the organization. At the end of the day, if I'm chris paul I want to win, and this is by far the best team with the best cast he's ever been a part of. Ditto for JJ Redick, Blake, and Deandre Jordan. They finally have a coach who can get them to the promised land, and I don't think if I were any of them I would throw that away, even if my owner was the owner of some seriously antiquated opinions.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Man after watching that video... Is Basketball becoming Soccer now?
Idk maybe. I love Futbol, but in that video he is barely touched and he goes down dramatically. smh he know he is gonn alose thats why he wants to be fouled on so he can win by cheating that way.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Idk maybe. I love Futbol, but in that video he is barely touched and he goes down dramatically. smh he know he is gonn alose thats why he wants to be fouled on so he can win by cheating that way.
Flopping is hardly a LeBron specific issue. Why would you not exploit the rules when the refs call it every single time? I don't think I've seen a game all year where there hasn't been multiple flops in each quarter

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Flopping is hardly a LeBron specific issue. Why would you not exploit the rules when the refs call it every single time? I don't think I've seen a game all year where there hasn't been multiple flops in each quarter
Idk but when you see it multiple times from a person, you should know that player is playing dirty. I mean it isnt cheating if you dont get caught, I believe in that . But, if he is so called "Best basketball player" as of right now he should know better than that.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Idk but when you see it multiple times from a person, you should know that player is playing dirty. I mean it isnt cheating if you dont get caught, I believe in that . But, if he is so called "Best basketball player" as of right now he should know better than that.
Why should he know better? If the refs call a foul when you do it, you'd be stupid not to take that advantage. Don't hate the player, hate the game

In case you guys haven't been catching wind of what happening surrounding Clippers owner here's two links to catch you to speed.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhru2HXpuHjfEF3Nr1

Now let me make this disclaimer. I'm NOT giving my personal opinion on this. I just want to start a discussion with my fellow TYMers asking where do you think The Clippers should go from here? Boycott and not play? Ask for trades, or to be a free agent? And for the fans that are minorities what should they do? continue to support their favorite players, or boycott as well? Wouldn't it be Dope if they made it to the Finals following all of this Drama?! (Lebron *coughs* Heat)

So yes... Let's have an adult discussion about what happens to the Clippers organization now.

can they even legally punish him for it? thats my question... Is it considered workplace discrimination... i don't know. He'll probably get a fine after the playoffs, or a suspenson. But if i post a facebook status that i don't like black people can my work fire me??? it's not as direct as facebook because this was a recorded conversation. My question is is this simply freedom of speech?? we do have that...

Regardless i am not not rooting for the clippers because of this, i root for the players, noone gives a jack shit about the owners, but this is horrific p.r. for the organization and i am sure fans will boycott this.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Why should he know better? If the refs call a foul when you do it, you'd be stupid not to take that advantage. Don't hate the player, hate the game
Like I said before you shouln't have to cheat if you are that good of a player in any sport, but if they ref counts it then I guess yeah take the chance.. But let me say this, there is already a thread on this but I dont give a shit I'll say it anyway. If a Top Player in the FGC is good as they say they are and they are "Pro's" they have to be good on EVERY character and use every character in the fighting game not just 3 or just top tiers. They also dont have to counter pick during tourneys, just pick a character and go, fuck the MU's.

Maybe she attempted to blackmail him but he refused so she leaked it. It might just be a message from her that she isn't making idle threats and is willing to release the other more damaging recording, which is of Mr. Sterling downplaying martian manhunter
I would want to be traded to a different team and also boycott the game maybe. Racism is wrong and should be punished
there is a fine line though, i hate racism, but how do you deal with this legally?? we have freedom of speech rights. I am sure the league will be able to do something.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Like I said before you shouln't have to cheat if you are that good of a player in any sport, but if they ref counts it then I guess yeah take the chance.. But let me say this, there is already a thread on this but I dont give a shit I'll say it anyway. If a Top Player in the FGC is good as they say they are and they are "Pro's" they have to be good on EVERY character and use every character in the fighting game not just 3 or just top tiers. They also dont have to counter pick during tourneys, just pick a character and go, fuck the MU's.
If the refs aren't considering it cheating, then it really isn't cheating. If you're playing to win you gotta take any and all advantages you can, just because he's already better than anyone else doesn't mean he can't do even better for getting rewarded for flopping

Not that I agree with the practice, but I understand the thinking

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
there is a fine line though, i hate racism, but how do you deal with this legally?? we have freedom of speech rights. I am sure the league will be able to do something.
Depends what this is considered. Freedom of speech doesn't protect hate speech fighting words or threats, for example.