What's new

Poll Most overrated characters currently?

5 most overrated characters?

• Scorpion

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 53 22.4%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • Raiden

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kano

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Kitana

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Ermac

• Reptile

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Mileena

Votes: 51 21.5%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • Sonya Blade

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Jax

Votes: 24 10.1%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kenshi

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Takeda

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kung Jin

• Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Jason Vorhees

• Tanya

• Predator

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Alien

Votes: 41 17.3%

• Total voters

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
it should stop being used as arguments. but making TYMers realize its ok for characters to have strong toolsis impossible. it doesn't make them broke it makes them strong.

and for the record, Noone in this game can 7-3 the entire cast! and noone should even mention 8-2 9-1 or 10-0. do people even realize what those mean? 7-3 is bad enough that a 70% chance to win. with MKXL's comeback factor there is no way there is a character that can 7-3 the entire cast, its absurd.

For the record i am not a Johnny main or a mileena main.

i am a Cyrax main and a Cyber Sub zero 2nd, and i now Pocket D'Vorah Swarm Queen for My bad Matchups.

and yes i will defend other characters even though i don't use them as mains.

we have rolled out the Nerf hammer all game long far too often and now its time to let the characters be. there is possibly 1 more patch that we could get all our characters to have small buffs or minor adjustments where needed, instead of acting childish and trying to get other all other characters you don't use nerfed.

Johnny Cage and Mileena are fine where they are at, and if you are having problems with them because it truly is a bad matchup, then simply understand every character has a bad matchup or more. and it is just difficult not impossible to win.

and if you think they are broke, then ask others to help you with the matchup, because you have options against Mileena and Johnny cage. and if you have no options with your specific character then don't use that character in that matchup, its a part of fighting games.

@PrimBloodGhost @Aqueous_Echo
Bartitsu BRC has a high possibility of being 8-2 vs Acidic Alien

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Did you guys see Sonic Fox's Shotgun Jacqui??? Holy @#$%$#@!!!!

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
A-list is broken.

I mean how can they think about giving him a vortex. I got thrown online earlier, and he f3 nut punched me before I hit the floor, back into the blender I go!

Stunt double is the only fair variation of cage because his force-ball is straight and I don't need a degree in Mathematics to calculate the gradient of the curvature to position myself to make it miss.

Lets just delete cage from the game, that way he won't win ESL every week and all the Majors.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
As long as they delete Grandmaster from the game as well, sure, delete Cage.
Otherwise NEVER.

Last edited:
Can we please just nerf cage into the ground already so we can move on to the next inevitable "**** is op/top5/supreme ruler of the universe." Thread until they stop patching the game?

Cause you do you realize that's what is going to happen right? Lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Johnny's vortex is not guaranteed. F3 skrc iirc is +13 and it does jail into 11.
I know he has restand nutpunch. But that doesn't mean he has a true vortex. 11 does not jail into f2. So 113 is guaranteed. You have to respect it, but it doesn't mean it's completely guaranteed.

Johnny is very strong. I agree, he's very good and is a contender for top 2 or 3 and right now i think he is top 4.
Please correct me if i'm wrong about the "vortex" thing. I'm not that educated about vortexes but if a vortex being guaranteed is not required for it to be defined as a true vortex, then please correct me.

What i think what a vortex is: The opponent is put in a situation where he completely forced to guess between low, OH and grab and is looped back into the exact same situation. Making the opponent have to guess again until he blocks it. E.g Cassie Cage vortex, Smoke Vortex.

Please, don't blow me up if i got the whole "vortex" thing wrong.
very well explained post, i forgot to mention that you can Armor through the F24, but since 113 is safe and you have to worrie about that low even though its punishable and guess between the Grab and OH or low, you have to see the F24 coming which is not possible till its to late. maybe fuzzy guarding works, but i wouldn't bet on it, if that truly worked then no johnny would ever open you up, and thats not true. its still a guess.

so i consider it a Pseudo Vortex.

there is options for it, but if they guess wrong they right back in it.

but at the same time i think its fair because there is options and his shit is punishable.

its without question that he is Top. i just don't understand how people downplay this character.

its almost as if they don't understand what top 3 is.

they may mistake that as being god tier in a game where that doesn't exists.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
ive gotten to the point where i know there are lost TYMers and there is nothing anyone can say to help them level up or understand.

this game is about overcoming disadvantages.

every character has a good matchup and bad ones, no ifs ands or buts.

anyone who is asking for nerfs right now, needs to seriously reevaluate their Fundamental gameplan for this game.

Lab up, train with new people, quit playing randoms, and play sets, record your matches, evaluate how you did.
Drop all excuses, "this character is better than my character" "that move is cheap" "character is broke" "i have no options"

and lab everything up, the only reason you don't have the answer is because you havent properly labed up every situation.

Ask others team up and find solutions.

quit asking for nerfs when none are needed.

if you get a nerf all is does is Bring you down in Level, it creates a staple for you to sit comfortably without constantly being challenged.

find something you find broken and find a way out.

thats your goal to getting to be a better player!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
ive gotten to the point where i know there are lost TYMers and there is nothing anyone can say to help them level up or understand.

this game is about overcoming disadvantages.

every character has a good matchup and bad ones, no ifs ands or buts.

anyone who is asking for nerfs right now, needs to seriously reevaluate their Fundamental gameplan for this game.

Lab up, train with new people, quit playing randoms, and play sets, record your matches, evaluate how you did.
Drop all excuses, "this character is better than my character" "that move is cheap" "character is broke" "i have no options"

and lab everything up, the only reason you don't have the answer is because you havent properly labed up every situation.

Ask others team up and find solutions.

quit asking for nerfs when none are needed.

if you get a nerf all is does is Bring you down in Level, it creates a staple for you to sit comfortably without constantly being challenged.

find something you find broken and find a way out.

thats your goal to getting to be a better player!
You want some of this too?

Come at me, breh...
:p

Kenshi is without a doubt the most underrated character on the game. People accept that Jason may be good, that Shinnok is good. The Kenshi community is the only one left that does NOTHING but downplay a very good character.

Edit: It seems like you guys want the character to be bad, unless he gets buffed to top tier. Like, he's good now, finally, and you guys still act as if he's the same. You ignore Pig's guides, his performance in the ESL, and essentially put off this attitude that's like "well Pig's just a god, i'm just gonna continue to whiff tele flurries and cry for buffs".
I think honestly Jason and Jacqui are the most underrated characters in this game. Kenshi can do some things to get out of situations where as Jason and Jacqui are meter dependent.

Why not? Cage's pressure (in A-list at least) is pretty scary, not to mention that Stunt Double has his nigh-unblockable in the corner.
But like all pressure tools in this game, his (especial his,) has major gaps in it. I'm not a Cage player but I've played against some great ones in Khaotic and DSV and the gaps are there. But outside of that, you can assuredly state an argument as to why SD Cage is top 10. SD Cage is if not the most balanced variation in this game (in my honest opinion).