What's new

Poll Most overrated characters currently?

5 most overrated characters?

• Scorpion

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 53 22.4%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • Raiden

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kano

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Kitana

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Ermac

• Reptile

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Mileena

Votes: 51 21.5%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • Sonya Blade

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Jax

Votes: 24 10.1%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kenshi

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Takeda

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kung Jin

• Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Jason Vorhees

• Tanya

• Predator

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Alien

Votes: 41 17.3%

• Total voters

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Goro... he was the Grand Champion of Mortal Kombat for 500 years winning 9 tournaments in a row followed by a loss at the end of the 10th. He's also rated one of the highest in terms of both height and weight class. One would also assume, because of his height advantage, that he has the reach advantage in both his arms and his legs. I bet he can also bench the most thanks to his extra set of arms.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
To be fair it's not all of them
take the ones with 4 or less votes and replace with Cyrax and CSZ ;)

i can't count how many people still complain when i win with Cyrax and CSZ

and they call them broke still.

damnit REO and your vids

i respond with, list the characters that have less tools than he has, and list the character as a whole, because each character has one variation with at least either: Better Space Control, Better norms, Better Run Speed, Better Movement, Better backdash, Better zoning, Better mixups, Or better HTB's, Better Footsie or range.

they may not have all of them, but they will have a few better than him with his current tools and the equivalent with other tools.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
take the ones with 4 or less votes and replace with Cyrax and CSZ ;)

i can't count how many people still complain when i win with Cyrax and CSZ

and they call them broke still.

damnit REO and your vids

i respond with, list the characters that have less tools than he has, and list the character as a whole, because each character has one variation with at least either: Better Space Control, Better norms, Better Run Speed, Better Movement, Better backdash, Better zoning, Better mixups, Or better HTB's, Better Footsie or range.

they may not have all of them, but they will have a few better than him with his current tools and the equivalent with other tools.
It's not letting me I dont know why. But anyways I didn't add them in the first place because they suck. Well Cyrax isn't god awful, but he is just kinda meh. CSZ is pretty ass tho. Anyone up playing CSZ isnt worth listening to, so that's why I didn't add them to the poll in the first place.

Wigy

There it is...
a situation where they are forced to block an overhead or a low or a grab.

many characters have these off Normal stagger strings in combo, and off restands and specials.

with johhny you can F3 into SKRC to make him plus 20 or so, and force them to block 1/11 into an OH or the 3 and only the overhead can be D1'd but its questionable that it can be Low profiled after a SKRC with that much advantage.

easily said he cancels into mixup, then restands into another forced mixups. thats the definition of a Vortex

not saying it needs to go, i can still read my opponent and block, but only one of them are punishable, but he can make that low safe with EX specials

Johnny is very strong, and is top 3

but that doesn't mean he needs a nerf, i feel he is no different than many characters out now. you have to guess a mixup. the thing that is different is the other characters that have this vortex potential don't have safe Mixups.
They're not forced. 11 into f2 has a huge 13 frame gap. You can full punish him if he goes for it with any character.

So not only are you not forced to guess high low, hes full punish on the OH and the low unless you skc into block, which is a tricky hitconfirm. This isnt a vortex at all. If this is what you define a vortex is, half the cast have one.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Everybody listen!
I have one thing to say and I'll only say it once!
Still listening?
Ok... What if i told you that Bo Rai Cho is garbage

MadeOfMetal

They're not forced. 11 into f2 has a huge 13 frame gap. You can full punish him if he goes for it with any character.

So not only are you not forced to guess high low, hes full punish on the OH and the low unless you skc into block, which is a tricky hitconfirm. This isnt a vortex at all. If this is what you define a vortex is, half the cast have one.
doesn't have a huge 13 frame gap if its double canceled on the 11 after all that.

MadeOfMetal

Everybody listen!
I have one thing to say and I'll only say it once!
Still listening?
Ok... What if i told you that Bo Rai Cho is garbage
then id say, you havent learned all the tech and MU's since its only been 2 weeks since patch, actually not even that yet.. and besides REO allready made a video about him, argue it with him

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
then id say, you havent learned all the tech and MU's since its only been 2 weeks since patch, actually not even that yet.. and besides REO allready made a video about him, argue it with him
Well ive invested pretty much all my mk time to bo and thats how i feel about him. Alot of other players share the same opinion.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
mileena is super good and easily top 3 but I think people are overreacting and just throwing out matchup numbers saying she 7-3s and 8-2s the entire cast.

no one is saying cage is broke because of his 11 stagers.
Well then it should stop being used as an argument in these threads.

MadeOfMetal

Well then it should stop being used as an argument in these threads.
it should stop being used as arguments. but making TYMers realize its ok for characters to have strong toolsis impossible. it doesn't make them broke it makes them strong.

and for the record, Noone in this game can 7-3 the entire cast! and noone should even mention 8-2 9-1 or 10-0. do people even realize what those mean? 7-3 is bad enough that a 70% chance to win. with MKXL's comeback factor there is no way there is a character that can 7-3 the entire cast, its absurd.

For the record i am not a Johnny main or a mileena main.

i am a Cyrax main and a Cyber Sub zero 2nd, and i now Pocket D'Vorah Swarm Queen for My bad Matchups.

and yes i will defend other characters even though i don't use them as mains.

we have rolled out the Nerf hammer all game long far too often and now its time to let the characters be. there is possibly 1 more patch that we could get all our characters to have small buffs or minor adjustments where needed, instead of acting childish and trying to get other all other characters you don't use nerfed.

Johnny Cage and Mileena are fine where they are at, and if you are having problems with them because it truly is a bad matchup, then simply understand every character has a bad matchup or more. and it is just difficult not impossible to win.

and if you think they are broke, then ask others to help you with the matchup, because you have options against Mileena and Johnny cage. and if you have no options with your specific character then don't use that character in that matchup, its a part of fighting games.

@PrimBloodGhost @Aqueous_Echo

MadeOfMetal

Well ive invested pretty much all my mk time to bo and thats how i feel about him. Alot of other players share the same opinion.
i felt the same about Cyrax after that horrible patch. but im not claiming he is bottom tier.

i am slowly starting to find that Cyrax may raise from the ashes. may not be Top tier but he may be Bottom Mid to Bottom Top. he still need just a few things adjusted like wiffing issues on B2 and F13, and maybe they could add armor to DB4 wich would be 100% punishable like Raidens.

and i would be more than content with Cyrax.

is what you should do is stick with him, till you find out what to do to win those matchups, then come back when everyone is certain where everyone is, which they are not yet, and then ask for small buffs if needed, and make sure its within reason.

while we are on the topic, i herd someone asking for F13 on cyrax to be a mid on the first hit instead of it being a high, and i have to say, that is absurd. even though i Love Cyrax that would be too strong. 8frame starting mid that has that much range. and there is only 1 frame after the mid to low. nah, im good. that crap will get him unjustly nerfed again if he gets it. which i doubt he will.