What's new

Poll Most overrated characters currently?

5 most overrated characters?

• Scorpion

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Sub-Zero

Votes: 53 22.4%
  • Kotal Kahn

Votes: 33 13.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • Ferra/Torr

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • Raiden

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kano

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Kitana

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 26 11.0%
  • Ermac

• Reptile

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Mileena

Votes: 51 21.5%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Johnny Cage

Votes: 36 15.2%
  • Sonya Blade

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Jax

Votes: 24 10.1%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kenshi

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Takeda

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Kung Jin

• Bo Rai Cho

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Jason Vorhees

• Tanya

• Predator

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Alien

Votes: 41 17.3%

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Everyone has been curious about tiers and such with the new patch and all. Once excitement gets going, people tend to over-exaggerate how good a character is, so which characters do you think are overrated and why?
Poll ran out of room, so if you think Triborg or Leatherface or Goro are overrated then say why as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GAV

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Impostor - Too matchup dependant, Teleport buffs are a bill, worse on wakeup than BS (even though it sucks as well)

Piercing (Being no. 1) - I don't see enough dirty nonsense compared to Alien and anyone with HTB's.

Dragon's Fire - Run cancels are nice, but doesn't help when you don't play the game to begin with. (Johnny Cage did everything better anyway even before Kang got "nerfed.")

Honorable Mentions: Ruthless, Summoner, Shaolin, Bo Rai Cho

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Mileena by far. Everyone up-plays her so hard it's ridiculous as if she was SSF2T Akuma or SSBB Meta Knight. She's good alright but her stuff is unsafe enough that it doesn't warrant her being the best in the game especially when she was considered bottom tier pre XL. Same with Liu, he's like top 10 probably but the DF FBRC pressure isn't as good and its solid. But JC and to an extent HF Scorp along with SQ D'Vorah can do the stuff he does better.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Mileena ... cats aren't even hyping up the best variation, they are just hyping her up because a great player decided to use her.
Don't think this is fair, I mean is she #1 idk Maybe not but she did get hella buffed. It's not that she has always been top tier and now a great player showed cased her lol. Even though Foxy picking up her did put her up there.

Mileena by far. Everyone up-plays her so hard it's ridiculous as if she was SSF2T Akuma or SSBB Meta Knight. She's good alright but her stuff is unsafe enough that it doesn't warrant her being the best in the game especially when she was considered bottom tier pre XL.
Whoever considered her bottom tier Pre-XL was downplaying the character. Sure when the game first came out she was, but the last patch before XL, she was good, high mid-tier

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Don't think this is fair, I mean is she #1 idk Maybe not but she did get hella buffed. It's not that she has always been top tier and now a great player showed cased her lol. Even though Foxy picking up her did put her up there.
Saltface was getting Top 8s with her all last year and I think he got 9th at EVO. This community (probably the loudest and most influential) didn't say anything. She gets buffed/nerfed like much of the rest of the cast and now she's one of the best? Those changes didn't push her that far ahead of everyone - she is getting that hype because of Foxy. She's already been showcased on the highest platforms by the best Mileena player IMO

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Saltface was getting Top 8s with her all last year and I think he got 9th at EVO. This community (probably the loudest and most influential) didn't say anything. She gets buffed/nerfed like much of the rest of the cast and now she's one of the best? Those changes didn't push her that far ahead of everyone - she is getting that hype because of Foxy. She's already been showcased on the highest platforms by the best Mileena player IMO
saltface said it himself foxy opened his eyes to how powerful the character is so i hope that opens your eyes. i love the hell outta saltface he my boy but foxy is the only reason people are trying to get her nerfed right now.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Everyone has been curious about tiers and such with the new patch and all. Once excitement gets going, people tend to over-exaggerate how good a character is, so which characters do you think are overrated and why?
Poll ran out of room, so if you think Triborg or Leatherface or Goro are overrated then say why as well.
Triborg:

Cyrax
Cyber Sub Zero
Sektor
and Smoke

you left them out :(