What's new

Mortal Kombat X Patch Notes 6/23/15

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Yeah you'd have to be delusional to say he's fine. Sure he's got other moves but they're the same moves his other two variations have lmao.
Simply put: if the one thing that defined your variation is nerfed (and I think adding a start up frame and making a string go from 0 to -3 on block constitute a nerf) then it stands to reason your viability drops. This is the closest to a no variation character you get without actually having no variation selected and that's the truth
Question is: Where does Johnny go from here? Seems like he's destined to just... Exist. Seems like every character does what he can do but better. Whether it's frame traps, damage, setups, mixups...

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Question is: Where does Johnny go from here? Seems like he's destined to just... Exist. Seems like every character does what he can do but better. Whether it's frame traps, damage, setups, mixups...
There's just no reason now to pick fisticuffs after this destructive nerf. He had something special and now they took that away from him. What is left it's the most close to having no variation at all.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I'd imagine a hotfix around the Predator release. I can't imagine the character they keep throwing skins on will get left in the dust

ismael4790

I'd imagine a hotfix around the Predator release. I can't imagine the character they keep throwing skins on will get left in the dust
I also think nrs will take a step back in next hotfix, because the nerf was way too heavy. Nerfing a mid tier is not the way, nrs...

Some people say Cage is fine because he has two other decent variations, but that's not the point. Every variation in the game should have its utility, and fisticuffs had it removed.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
I also think nrs will take a step back in next hotfix, because the nerf was way too heavy. Nerfing a mid tier is not the way, nrs...

Some people say Cage is fine because he has two other decent variations, but that's not the point. Every variation in the game should have its utility, and fisticuffs had it removed.
Yeah I mean they buffed Ethereal, both lesser Raiden variations, Kitana all around, Shinnok again...which are all good things but unfortunately I don't main them. Meanwhile my secondary Kano's upball is glitchy in the corner lmao

RM_NINfan101

Yeah I mean they buffed Ethereal, both lesser Raiden variations, Kitana all around, Shinnok again...which are all good things but unfortunately I don't main them. Meanwhile my secondary Kano's upball is glitchy in the corner lmao
Don't be surprised if you see Shinnok get slightly adjusted as time goes on.

He might get hit with the nerf bat one day, Bone Shaper is gonna piss a lot of people off.

Expecting every variarion to be viable is unrealistic, there will always be one or two per character that simply isn't the best option. Unbreakable SZ? Dualist LK? Any Reptile that isn't Nimble? ANY KJ variants that aren't Bojutsu? B121212~ was pretty dumb honestly, it was bound to be touched and made Fisticuffs look braindead. I agree that other characters deserve buffs/nerfs more than Johnny Cage did (Sub-Zero! Seriously NRS, he needs a hand, fix the Clone!), but such is life. Stunt Double and A-List are where it's at for him anyways and are a lot more honest and versatile overall

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Expecting every variarion to be viable is unrealistic, there will always be one or two per character that simply isn't the best option. Unbreakable SZ? Dualist LK? Any Reptile that isn't Nimble? ANY KJ variants that aren't Bojutsu? B121212~ was pretty dumb honestly, it was bound to be touched and made Fisticuffs look braindead. I agree that other characters deserve buffs/nerfs more than Johnny Cage did (Sub-Zero! Seriously NRS, he needs a hand, fix the Clone!), but such is life. Stunt Double and A-List are where it's at for him anyways and are a lot more honest and versatile overall
I call bs. Pretty sure they made all of Mileenas variations viable with this patch, Kung Jin is viable in all three, Scorpion is, Jax is, Cassie is, pretty sure Raiden is now after this patch but not positive, let's see Tanya is oh and so is Kenshi

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
"You guys paid good money for this game, and you deserve to have a good online experience" Ed Boon... Kombat Kast 11.

"We are slaving to try to get this as good playing as possible, there's no way we consider ourselves content as far as the online experience" Ed Boon... Kombat Kast 11.

"Once we went hard lined, it was LITERALLY PERFECT" Derek Kirtzic... Kombat Kast 11.

They are slaving...

ismael4790

Obviously fisticuffs has never been the best option, any of us expected it to be.
But there's a difference between being the best option and at least being useful. His exclusive string, which should be the reason to pick fisti, now is more a disadvantage for him than an advantage, and that is dumb. Fisticuffs is now almost a no-variation.

I honestly don't understand all the hate towards the sub zero community, all that's been done there is proofing off the glitches and awkwardness that affect the character, there's no whining whatsoever.

RM_NINfan101

I really think the hate is more on Tom Brady and the fact that Grandmaster Sub is annoying to fight against whether people wanna admit it or not.

Except him being annoying in a game full of rushdown is actually a good thing, people just fucking hate Sub-Zero. (And/Or Tom Brady and I don't really get it but hey this is a wacky scene.)

That is the honest truth. Even I do to an extent as Shinnok.

But I'm not gonna sit here and say I deserve to d1 you in the corner when you have it set up, but those are all hitbox/hurtbox related issues. Even if you "fixed" clone you would still have similar issues.

I gotta admit, if they can't do klone right, don't have it in. I don't like it when developers put shit in and just be like "Well he's always had it."

The difference between MK9 and MKX Sub's klone, is that with his klone in MK9, the reason I loved playing the character anyway, is because of the different clone boxes you could make, that way, yes, the opponent had to respect some shit but there were so many interesting and unique ways to set it up, that there were also unique ways to get out.

In MKX? Klone... Is there as a standing state, does not change for hitboxes in strings, and mainly just throws it, shatters it, or does B2 or B33. So, you can kinda say Sub got actually MORE boring this game, but his tools and damage are great. Things they should of never nerfed in MK9.

I still think Sub players will be fine if Klone just doesn't get fixed or whatever and that looks hard to do, you'd have to adjust more than just the clone. I mean fuck, it eats projectiles still. I mean you can get poked out of it, but shouldn't it be your job to figure out a way around it?

I mean that's what I did for the longest time with Necro Shinnok. He still might be the weakest variation of the three, actually might is downplaying, let me stop there.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Yea what does this even mean, and if the developers are using it- do they know something we don't? :-O
I explained it 2 post above yours. It comes from the fact then when you perform a combo, what you are doing is cancelling/interrupting the animation of an attack with another attack. Visually this looks like two attacks in one. 2in1.

Combos were invented by accident in SFII. To determine what normals could be comboed from, you sat there and tried to see which normals had animations that could be interrupted so you could get 2 attacks for the price of one.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I really think they're doing whatever they can to make sure 21122 for EB does not get touched before touching it. Perhaps they think his gameplay is too much centered around it to give him options elsewhere that might bust him or make him shit.

I quoted this because I was talking to SpabRog on Twitter and as much as he loves MKX, he hates how frequent the hotfixes and patches are becoming and when talked about netcode, he agreed with me that netcode is extremely important for a game's survival.

It's not even a matter of how many players go to your scenes. How do you get more players and keep your large numbers up as a game ages or gets less interesting to newcomers? The online has to be good. Tutorials and all that stuff.

I don't wanna hear the whole "Well NRS is tryi--" No. Stop. Stop and think for one second.

They had issues in MK9 and IGAU with netcode. With the fact that they had to outsource the game via WBGames (who's more to blame with your PC port because they didn't want NRS working on it or the last gen versions, just THESE two ones.) this should of actually been easier. Why is it that XBOne users are still having issues playing? PSN has matches that have such variable frame delay I cannot tell if that connection is one I wanna play in, yet forced because the game read it as a Green bar and not a yellow...

Why not outsource the netcode too? It's time for answers, as a consumer, if I want to buy your products in the future, am I not owed the right to know why UE3 cannot run rollback netcode? If not, why not use UE4? You cannot tell me they had to use UE3 because they were "licensed" to. Pretty sure they could've upgraded to UE4 if they wanted, they just knew it wouldn't work for last gen... Speaking of last gen, where is it? Some people I knew held off on buying a new console because they could play their game on it. Why the lack of info?

And I'm gonna be dead honest: WB Games might of been the WORST spot for MK to fall to. Yes, you got your precious MK9... But many fail to see the brand that is Mortal Kombat. I feel there has been less focus on the games, and more focus elsewhere such as the Legacy series and comics than giving the developers time to make their fucking game work amazing.

A good example? The PC Port of Arkham Knight just got pulled from Steam due to how shitty of a port it is. WB Games doesn't care about you, your community on TYM or how long fans have waited for a legit MK. I'll tell you simply what they see much as what I have seen with the whack microtransactions, terrible alt costumes from NRS, and just how rushed this game feels at times with how it came out. I say this on behalf of WBGames and not NRS because, it could of been NRS's full ambition to give you the best game possible, but WBGames? They don't care. They're just another reason why I fucking hate modern day publishers.

$$$

You can disagree and that's fine or claim that I'm "looking" into too much, but am I really guys?

I think something ultimately needs to change.
I fully agree
I really think they're doing whatever they can to make sure 21122 for EB does not get touched before touching it. Perhaps they think his gameplay is too much centered around it to give him options elsewhere that might bust him or make him shit.

I quoted this because I was talking to SpabRog on Twitter and as much as he loves MKX, he hates how frequent the hotfixes and patches are becoming and when talked about netcode, he agreed with me that netcode is extremely important for a game's survival.

It's not even a matter of how many players go to your scenes. How do you get more players and keep your large numbers up as a game ages or gets less interesting to newcomers? The online has to be good. Tutorials and all that stuff.

I don't wanna hear the whole "Well NRS is tryi--" No. Stop. Stop and think for one second.

They had issues in MK9 and IGAU with netcode. With the fact that they had to outsource the game via WBGames (who's more to blame with your PC port because they didn't want NRS working on it or the last gen versions, just THESE two ones.) this should of actually been easier. Why is it that XBOne users are still having issues playing? PSN has matches that have such variable frame delay I cannot tell if that connection is one I wanna play in, yet forced because the game read it as a Green bar and not a yellow...

Why not outsource the netcode too? It's time for answers, as a consumer, if I want to buy your products in the future, am I not owed the right to know why UE3 cannot run rollback netcode? If not, why not use UE4? You cannot tell me they had to use UE3 because they were "licensed" to. Pretty sure they could've upgraded to UE4 if they wanted, they just knew it wouldn't work for last gen... Speaking of last gen, where is it? Some people I knew held off on buying a new console because they could play their game on it. Why the lack of info?

And I'm gonna be dead honest: WB Games might of been the WORST spot for MK to fall to. Yes, you got your precious MK9... But many fail to see the brand that is Mortal Kombat. I feel there has been less focus on the games, and more focus elsewhere such as the Legacy series and comics than giving the developers time to make their fucking game work amazing.

A good example? The PC Port of Arkham Knight just got pulled from Steam due to how shitty of a port it is. WB Games doesn't care about you, your community on TYM or how long fans have waited for a legit MK. I'll tell you simply what they see much as what I have seen with the whack microtransactions, terrible alt costumes from NRS, and just how rushed this game feels at times with how it came out. I say this on behalf of WBGames and not NRS because, it could of been NRS's full ambition to give you the best game possible, but WBGames? They don't care. They're just another reason why I fucking hate modern day publishers.

$$$

You can disagree and that's fine or claim that I'm "looking" into too much, but am I really guys?

$$$

Man i so agree and if someone argues with u i dont know wtf.

Imo what i learned is warner brothers cares about the batman license more then mortal kombat. They pull batman but leave mkx on steam knowing they (rumors) may of fired hvs for another company to fix their mess and i have yet to see 1 word about this.

In regards to online play this is 2015 and we need good netcode. I see no excuse for the broken netcode when we have now. 3 games plus all the 3d mks from deception on had online play. Theres no reason.
After ki i now feel i can't expect much for fighting games and i may just wait till after release goro or not as i am sick of supporting broken netcode for a game that needs it to work and sell. I have no love for IG but the online netcode that double helix made for ki and they build upon is no joke and a company like IG that makes new grounds flash games like divekick (smfh) can make stuff work but wb/nrs cant smfh.

Does wb think that esl is respected when theres so much lag the players are flipping at times which i dont blame them for. Just saying its 2015 not 2004 can nrs/wb fix this so the game sells longer then 6-7 months? I am losing hope as i feel they just cant fix it due to something engine related and if thats the reason why stick with unreal 3 smfh

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
What are your guy's thoughts on NRS patching the game right before a big major? Should they have waited until after? I know alot of people put time in with their character and are now forced to change it all up immediately. What do you think? Everyone who's character got buffed I already know your answer.