What's new

Mortal Kombat X Patch Notes 6/23/15

Apparently disliking someone because they are a hypocrite with the mentality of a child is tantamount to obsession. The only time I ever mention Tom Brady is when I see him whinging (which happens frequently, believe it or not).

Now, I suggest that you try not to be such an obsequious drone. Are you aware that Tom Brady is capable of speaking for and/or defending himself? I don't need his army of rabid dogs jumping down my throat every time they hear someone voice their opinion regarding their precious overlord.
lol wow, fuck me for making an observation right? I guess that makes me an "obsequious drone" whatever the fuck that means

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
lol wow, fuck me for making an observation right? I guess that makes me an "obsequious drone" whatever the fuck that means
How dare you think you can have an observation here. Save making reads for the fighting rounds. Also youre never online or didn't follow me back.
Im stuck getting my ass handed to me by @Chrishaspads annoying ass Lao -_-

SEV

Noob
I think I forgot to follow you back lol sorry. I haven't been able to connect to mkx online anyway, idk if its my shit connection or the game lol
That was happening to me for a week post Tanya update, and when the update came I was able to connect again. Did your xbox download the patch yet? For some reason my xbox hasn't gotten it yet. If you haven't, once you do, it might fix itself.

Reauxbot

I think I forgot to follow you back lol sorry. I haven't been able to connect to mkx online anyway, idk if its my shit connection or the game lol
You remember my GT right? I think i messaged you. Get that crap fixed. Time for a new internet service bruh. You have one of the more solid E.Bs.
Instead of just overhead lows -_-

Reauxbot

lol I know right? also yeah I added you, you're legendofkashun or something like that right? Also thanks but I played like shit against you imo lol I wasn't landing anything. Hopefully we can get some more sets in soon with better connection :)
Yea i was telling myself that you would drop shit cause the connection. But thats MK for you. Gotta take it or leave. Still really solid though. I just finished with @Chrishaspads . this time he decided to troll with Kitanas damn chip.
I had the Curleh Mustache in the corner :/
Pringles

Levaranoia

War God
Allow me to spell it out:

Slide: combo punishable. Universally understood by anyone who knows the matchup.

Ice ball: slow. No chip. Gauranteed off. A b12 and a b33 on females as well. Easiest to convert in the corner.

How did I lose credibility? Nothing I said was false. If you think ice ball is hard to deal with that's on you, but don't try and call me an idiot for walking you through this stuff.

You take these two tools along side a flawed parry and a single defense buff and try to argue that a buffed blood god didn't render this variation obsolete your misguided
A better question is who is using blood god kotal and unbreakable sub zero seriously when they have much better variations for them.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY PLEASE.
This right here is the only patch i care about Its sad that KI has godly online yet mkx has mad issues imo . Nrs needs to stop nerfing and buffing and fix their online play.

Lbsh online play is important we deserve a next gen online experience. Imo boon or someone should talk to iron galaxy and jack their netcode. Mkx is shit online imo.

Edit: thanks for not fucking sub up anymore. Seriously i am shocked :)

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
This right here is the only patch i care about Its sad that KI has godly online yet mkx has mad issues imo . Nrs needs to stop nerfing and buffing and fix their online play.

Lbsh online play is important we deserve a next gen online experience. Imo boon or someone should talk to iron galaxy and jack their netcode. Mkx is shit online imo
"You guys paid good money for this game, and you deserve to have a good online experience" Ed Boon... Kombat Kast 11.

"We are slaving to try to get this as good playing as possible, there's no way we consider ourselves content as far as the online experience" Ed Boon... Kombat Kast 11.

"Once we went hard lined, it was LITERALLY PERFECT" Derek Kirtzic... Kombat Kast 11.

They are slaving...

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
LOL Every. Single. Character. In. The. Roster. Buffed. Except. One. Guess which one :DOGE

Edit: not to mention Scorpion, who's already strong character, got buffs to his weaker variation (which is good). But hell, there are other characters who have useless variations (meaning more then one variation that is lacking.

Luckily, this is not the last balance patch.
We got time still. Lets look at NRS patch cycles:
1) Panic Patch
2)Panic Patch
3) remove broken BS
4)Panic patch
5) (around September -> November) Big Balance Patch game gets released as Game of the yr or ultimate with all DLC and 1 last balance patch
6) Maybe a hotfix
7) Injustice 2 is announced
8)repeat :(
Wish i could be more positive but i speak #facts

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
@tylerlansdown @colt glad to see the patches but many people like me own MKX on PC. I hear rumors of the last company being removed from the port can you guys confirm. Its very annoying I have this for PC and i fear playing it at the current state and I and many others would appreciate something official in regards to the PC MKX. Can we please get some kind of input/update for gods sake? I paid 60+ for it as many others and we need to know whats going on.
EDIT: I would of returned the game via steam return policy but sadly Valve did this after MKX :(

Also please dont direct me to HVS as NRS hired them for the port and at this point i am starting to blame NRS for that decision (sorry just being real as they fucked up MK9 and Injustice on PC IMO and many others here on TYM)

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Yet NRS and Paulo fail to realize that the number 1 problem about Erron Black is his 21221 string.

And Again, Sub-Zero gets no love or what so ever.

Other than that, decent patch. Kitana, Reptile, Goro finally get some love.

Here's another awesome question?

When's PC Patch?

AHHHHHHHH HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'd say probably by the end of July? lol

actually there was a hidden Sub buff in this patch, there is slightly less damage scaling on SZ1's 1towards_2_2 kombo.

Could you, or anyone else, translate this to me? You're talking about back 1,2?

Last edited:

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
LOL Every. Single. Character. In. The. Roster. Buffed. Except. One. Guess which one :DOGE

Edit: not to mention Scorpion, who's already strong character, got buffs to his weaker variation (which is good). But hell, there are other characters who have useless variations (meaning more then one variation that is lacking.

Luckily, this is not the last balance patch.
Yeah at least they didn't nerf your arguably 3rd best variation. To be fair I don't think the JC fisticuffs nerf is that bad but it was pretty unnecessary as it was hardly busted

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Nvm, it fucks him up more than I thought now that I've tested. If fisticuffs had other tools it wouldn't be that big a deal but hell its what allowed him to compete with run cancel and clone pressure for fucks sake lol. What warranted this nerf?
And I do main fisticuffs and I can very much so tell the difference, in case someone wants to try and say the nerf doesn't affect him or that it was warranted at all. It would be like adding recovery and start up frames to Unbreakable Sub's parry lol

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I really think they're doing whatever they can to make sure 21122 for EB does not get touched before touching it. Perhaps they think his gameplay is too much centered around it to give him options elsewhere that might bust him or make him shit.

Lbsh online play is important we deserve a next gen online experience. Imo boon or someone should talk to iron galaxy and jack their netcode. Mkx is shit online imo.

Edit: thanks for not fucking sub up anymore. Seriously i am shocked :)
I quoted this because I was talking to SpabRog on Twitter and as much as he loves MKX, he hates how frequent the hotfixes and patches are becoming and when talked about netcode, he agreed with me that netcode is extremely important for a game's survival.

It's not even a matter of how many players go to your scenes. How do you get more players and keep your large numbers up as a game ages or gets less interesting to newcomers? The online has to be good. Tutorials and all that stuff.

I don't wanna hear the whole "Well NRS is tryi--" No. Stop. Stop and think for one second.

They had issues in MK9 and IGAU with netcode. With the fact that they had to outsource the game via WBGames (who's more to blame with your PC port because they didn't want NRS working on it or the last gen versions, just THESE two ones.) this should of actually been easier. Why is it that XBOne users are still having issues playing? PSN has matches that have such variable frame delay I cannot tell if that connection is one I wanna play in, yet forced because the game read it as a Green bar and not a yellow...

Why not outsource the netcode too? It's time for answers, as a consumer, if I want to buy your products in the future, am I not owed the right to know why UE3 cannot run rollback netcode? If not, why not use UE4? You cannot tell me they had to use UE3 because they were "licensed" to. Pretty sure they could've upgraded to UE4 if they wanted, they just knew it wouldn't work for last gen... Speaking of last gen, where is it? Some people I knew held off on buying a new console because they could play their game on it. Why the lack of info?

And I'm gonna be dead honest: WB Games might of been the WORST spot for MK to fall to. Yes, you got your precious MK9... But many fail to see the brand that is Mortal Kombat. I feel there has been less focus on the games, and more focus elsewhere such as the Legacy series and comics than giving the developers time to make their fucking game work amazing.

A good example? The PC Port of Arkham Knight just got pulled from Steam due to how shitty of a port it is. WB Games doesn't care about you, your community on TYM or how long fans have waited for a legit MK. I'll tell you simply what they see much as what I have seen with the whack microtransactions, terrible alt costumes from NRS, and just how rushed this game feels at times with how it came out. I say this on behalf of WBGames and not NRS because, it could of been NRS's full ambition to give you the best game possible, but WBGames? They don't care. They're just another reason why I fucking hate modern day publishers.

$$$

You can disagree and that's fine or claim that I'm "looking" into too much, but am I really guys?

I think something ultimately needs to change.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Other than that, decent patch. Kitana, Reptile, Goro finally get some love.
GORO GOT SHIT!!!

Command throw gives more frames, but not enough to mean anything mid screen since he's so slow he can't do anything with it. That's it. Don't let the number of notes fool you. 3 of them are the same move, named differently per variation. One didn't happen. Chest bump already was 20 frames, so there was no buff at all. MB Chest bump gets more frames, but no one uses it. Meter Burn fireball has lower scaling, which gives me an extra 1% on rare occasions when it actually matters.

Reptile combos will deal more damage AND are more consistent. Jason's get more consistency. Goro... NOTHING. His strings still miss. Kitana got tons of buffs, Goro got crap. And even Mileena got more buffs than Goro... THE B!TCH MAKES TOP 8. I have no faith in NRS at all after this patch, as I now see they're not interested at all on balancing the game. Which pro player was saying Goro was anything but the weakest character next to Kitana... and here we are buffing Liu Kang, Mileena, and Kano. BULLSH!T

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Nvm, it fucks him up more than I thought now that I've tested. If fisticuffs had other tools it wouldn't be that big a deal but hell its what allowed him to compete with run cancel and clone pressure for fucks sake lol. What warranted this nerf?
And I do main fisticuffs and I can very much so tell the difference, in case someone wants to try and say the nerf doesn't affect him or that it was warranted at all. It would be like adding recovery and start up frames to Unbreakable Sub's parry lol
Yes, I think especially those of us who main him can realize how destructive this nerf is for fisticuffss. It wipes out the utility of his distinctive string, taking away all the pressure he could do. He is a character focused on pressure and chip damage. He NEEDS that string as it was. Or at least, not as bad as they left him.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yes, I think especially those of us who main him can realize how destructive this nerf is for fisticuffss. It wipes out the utility of his distinctive string, taking away all the pressure he could do. He is a character focused on pressure and chip damage. He NEEDS that string as it was. Or at least, not as bad as they left him.
Yeah you'd have to be delusional to say he's fine. Sure he's got other moves but they're the same moves his other two variations have lmao.
Simply put: if the one thing that defined your variation is nerfed (and I think adding a start up frame and making a string go from 0 to -3 on block constitute a nerf) then it stands to reason your viability drops. This is the closest to a no variation character you get without actually having no variation selected and that's the truth