What's new

Mortal Kombat to possibly be sold?

Scott Naylor

Comments

Got a dude literally in a thread shrieking I'm a pussy for not having a game I don't enjoy installed while others are ranting about peoples dicks and stuff. I'm taking it too emotionally though. LOL okay sure. It's quite simply not that deep.
Others also getting too emotional doesn’t disqualify you from it.

Yeah, I no longer play the game. I've said that a few times. I don't have the problem with the existence of the thread. I'm just pointing out some of the absolutely sad behavior in it (which is not the entirety of the thread) after I got pinged to look at it. Once again, it's not that deep.
You keep saying “its not that deep” but that’s literally my line, lol. You’re seemingly getting too upset over this based on your replies.

Saying things like “…when it's pointed out how functionally mentally impaired that is they spaz even harder”, and “It's fucking unhinged behavior. Drips with fucking sad loser energy”, or “Not people fucking white-knighting for [brand] as if Mortal Kombat is going to fucking date them. Shit is sad as hell”, all implies that you are taking things a bit too seriously. But hey, maybe I’m just completely misinterpreting these quotes and I’m one of the “functionally mentally impaired” ones. Idk

I’m one of the “functionally mentally impaired”
Not that I've seen. From interactions in this thread you seem stand-up. I give like I get. Someone acts like an ass, I tell them it. I don't go at people like an asshole out of the gate because there's no point to just being a dick. Like why do that? Am I gonna fire back at someone slinging insults? Of course.

I get where you're coming from. If you think I was saying the whole thread or everyone in it is like that, not my intention and (at least I believe) not what I said. Hey, maybe what I said came off like that. If so, that's my bad. Maybe it was misread. Y'know what? I won't even hold you or anyone else responsible for that and say it's your fault. I'll still say it's mine for not being even more clear than I thought I was. Double my bad. If someone is in a character forum saying "[X] is a stupid AF way to play [Y] character" I fully support the person they were talking to going "Hit me up online and I'll show you how it's done with [Y] using [X] and we'll see what you say after". That makes all the sense in the world. It's all relevant to the game and how it's played. Put up or shut up when it comes to mechanics and knowledge.

What I was saying is just that there are people in the thread acting with total and complete fucking brainrot. That's not an emotional assessment. It's a pretty dispassionate one. When someone says "I don't like this game so I don't play it" and someone legitimately replies "FT10 me in that game to prove you're wrong or you're a pussy!" there is no way that that is not brainrot. It's unbelievably fucking stupid. Like mid-70's IQ fucking stupid.

I come to the forum to talk about MK in general. Hence why I'm in general. I pop in infrequently because I am not actively playing but still check it out when new stuff comes out cuz I prefer forums like this to cesspools like reddit. If I didn't check this forum, I'd miss stuff like the Raiden & Noob charity funkos, just as an example. Would've never had a clue about that because I'm not on shit like Twitter or Facebook.

When I was playing the game actively I was over in the Reiko sub-forum doing my best to try and contribute to that with new info, links I found helpful and shit like that. I wasn't in there telling people "No fuck you you're wrong!" about their Reiko shit cuz that's not my place to do cuz I'm Johnny Average at the game.

In the process, exposed you for a coward.

Stay mad, tho.
Vulgar, here's what I want you to say

"Delete 100gb from your PS5, wait for MK1 to redownload, install it and then take the time to play me in a FT10 in this game you don't play all so you have to re-delete it and redownload the stuff you uninstalled right after"

Do all that to show everyone how stupid as fuck your request is and I'll actually consider it. I want you to genuinely write out the details of the demands you want someone else to do for you (some fucking random dumbfuck on the internet) to 'prove' they aren't a 'coward'.

Vulgar, here's what I want you to say

"Delete 100gb from your PS5, wait for MK1 to redownload, install it and then take the time to play me in a FT10 in this game you don't play all so you have to re-delete it and redownload the stuff you uninstalled right after"

Do all that to show everyone how stupid as fuck your request is and I'll actually consider it. I want you to genuinely write out the details of the demands you want someone else to do for you (some fucking random dumbfuck on the internet) to 'prove' they aren't a 'coward'.
Totally not mad about being exposed as a coward, you guys.

Clown.

Actually depressing to see an adult act like this.

Anyway, a lot of the bigger western companies probably aren't in a position to pick up MK but an eastern one might. There's been a few grabbing up IPs. I know some people mentioned Capcom but I don't see that happening even though I'd definitely like to see what they could do with an MK in the RE engine since we know it does gore really well thanks to the Res Evil games themselves.

The one thing is that anyone else likely to grab it that has the money to do so is likely to lack the fighting game expertise so it's likely they'd either tap some of the people already working with NRS or build a bit of a team around it when they get it. Not sure who would fit that bill for a company though. Capcom really is the one that comes to mind but I don't see it happening cuz I don't see them shelling out the cash.

I would've said Microsoft a while ago...but nowadays? Way doubtful. Sony? They've got the money and the infrastructure to support a brand as big as MK but I am not sure they'd have the interest? Though, honestly, it'd be a big boon to their catalogue as far as recognizable stuff and we know they threw a shit ton of money at Capcom for SF5....so maybe?

Not that I've seen. From interactions in this thread you seem stand-up. I give like I get. Someone acts like an ass, I tell them it. I don't go at people like an asshole out of the gate because there's no point to just being a dick. Like why do that? Am I gonna fire back at someone slinging insults? Of course.

I get where you're coming from. If you think I was saying the whole thread or everyone in it is like that, not my intention and (at least I believe) not what I said. Hey, maybe what I said came off like that. If so, that's my bad. Maybe it was misread. Y'know what? I won't even hold you or anyone else responsible for that and say it's your fault. I'll still say it's mine for not being even more clear than I thought I was. Double my bad. If someone is in a character forum saying "[X] is a stupid AF way to play [Y] character" I fully support the person they were talking to going "Hit me up online and I'll show you how it's done with [Y] using [X] and we'll see what you say after". That makes all the sense in the world. It's all relevant to the game and how it's played. Put up or shut up when it comes to mechanics and knowledge.
Okay I see, because yeah, that’s the impression that I got. And as long as you can recognize and understand my position/argument, that means you’re operating in good faith, which is all I can ask for.

What I was saying is just that there are people in the thread acting with total and complete fucking brainrot. That's not an emotional assessment. It's a pretty dispassionate one. When someone says "I don't like this game so I don't play it" and someone legitimately replies "FT10 me in that game to prove you're wrong or you're a pussy!" there is no way that that is not brainrot. It's unbelievably fucking stupid. Like mid-70's IQ fucking stupid.
I gotcha. Personally, I’d be more forthright and either directly call out those engaging in these types of behaviors or just tag them in the future. Because yeah, as I said, it seemed like you were generalizing and demonizing everyone who was participating in the thread and the existence of the thread itself.

Anyway, you and @Vulgar should kiss and make up. Y’all both seem to have acknowledged that it’s in reality not that serious. And I know neither one of you wants to give in to the other. So let’s just call it a draw and move on. No more name calling or personal insults. Y’all can still argue but just please put this silly topic to bed. Can y’all please do me that favor? It’d be much appreciated

Okay I see, because yeah, that’s the impression that I got. And as long as you can recognize and understand my position/argument, that means you’re operating in good faith, which is all I can ask for.

I gotcha. Personally, I’d be more forthright and either directly call out those engaging in these types of behaviors or just tag them in the future. Because yeah, as I said, it seemed like you were generalizing and demonizing everyone who was participating in the thread and the existence of the thread itself.

Anyway, you and @Vulgar should kiss and make up. Y’all both seem to have acknowledged that it’s in reality not that serious. And I know neither one of you wants to give in to the other. So let’s just call it a draw and move on. No more name calling or personal insults. Y’all can still argue but just please put this silly topic to bed. Can y’all please do me that favor? It’d be much appreciated
Juggy boy

I want ARCSYS to buy NRS.

This is who I want to get MK. Don't focus on the art style but more so on game play. Notice the difference in meter.

Each character has their own meter and unique abilities. It's very technical and has combos for days.

Imagine mk with unreal engine with this form of play style.

It would be revolutionary.

So let’s just call it a draw and move on. No more name calling or personal insults. Y’all can still argue but just please put this silly topic to bed. Can y’all please do me that favor? It’d be much appreciated
No problems at all, man.

Can you imagine Arcsys doing an MK game with an art style replicating MK: Snow Blind?

I've been saying for a while that I hate MK's push for ultra-realistic graphics because I think it makes the game feel inherently sillier. It's kinda paradoxical but it seems like the more realistic it looks, the goofier it seems. Snow Blind had the best feel for MK I've seen in a long time and the violence didn't feel goofy, it felt just fine for the way everything else felt dialed up due to the art style. Everything was more stylized so the crazy violence fit right in.

No problems at all, man.

Can you imagine Arcsys doing an MK game with an art style replicating MK: Snow Blind?

I've been saying for a while that I hate MK's push for ultra-realistic graphics because I think it makes the game feel inherently sillier. It's kinda paradoxical but it seems like the more realistic it looks, the goofier it seems. Snow Blind had the best feel for MK I've seen in a long time and the violence didn't feel goofy, it felt just fine for the way everything else felt dialed up due to the art style. Everything was more stylized so the crazy violence fit right in.
This would be awesome! This would also open the door for more creativity.

This is who I want to get MK. Don't focus on the art style but more so on game play. Notice the difference in meter.

Each character has their own meter and unique abilities. It's very technical and has combos for days.

Imagine mk with unreal engine with this form of play style.

It would be revolutionary.

MK already uses UE?

No problems at all, man.

Yh I like the anime style.

This would be awesome! This would also open the door for more creativity.
Yup, a big thing the game is being hamstrung right now as far as visuals is stuff like the X-ray usage. It majorly reduces character variety for body types. Game only has 3 bodies: male, big male, female. That's it. All because they have to have these ultra-realistic x-rays. Meanwhile, Guilty Gear (and Snow Blind!) have huge characters like Pot...why can't MK have a Tremor built like that? Would be awesome. But that would require a 1-off skeleton/organ model just for him to get hit by all the X-rays/Fatalities.

Ditch it. Ditch it all. It's only hurting stuff and it doesn't even look good.

Give us more dynamic and stylistic fatalities instead of the ultra-real stuff. Also PLEASE make them shorter. Faster is more visceral and exciting. Fatalities that go on forever never see use because people get so sick of having to wait for them.

Yup, a big thing the game is being hamstrung right now as far as visuals is stuff like the X-ray usage. It majorly reduces character variety for body types. Game only has 3 bodies: male, big male, female. That's it. All because they have to have these ultra-realistic x-rays. Meanwhile, Guilty Gear (and Snow Blind!) have huge characters like Pot...why can't MK have a Tremor built like that? Would be awesome. But that would require a 1-off skeleton/organ model just for him to get hit by all the X-rays/Fatalities.

Ditch it. Ditch it all. It's only hurting stuff and it doesn't even look good.

Give us more dynamic and stylistic fatalities instead of the ultra-real stuff. Also PLEASE make them shorter. Faster is more visceral and exciting. Fatalities that go on forever never see use because people get so sick of having to wait for them.
This should be the art style for MK v. SF