What's new

Mortal Kombat to possibly be sold?

Scott Naylor

Comments

As for gamer brain rot...bruh, you're challenging people that disagree with you on stuff to sets like an online fgc tough guy. That's the most brain rot cringe AF stuff I've seen on a forum in a long time. Get over yourself. Loosen the fedora.
That’s the entire point of that thread. A lot of people do a lot of yapping on this forum. Yet a lot of the most prominent yappers don’t seem to even play the game. Which, there’s nothing inherently wrong with that, it’s just a bit weird to spend so much time on a competitive FG forum dedicated to NRS games constantly getting into arguments with different people and you don’t even play the most recent game.

Regardless, that thread is just a fun way to help settle your differences. Or maybe not necessarily “settle” them, but you get what I mean. It’s also interesting to see who actually is willing to play against those who challenge them. Imo the least interesting/important part is who wins. Idc about that, I just like to see people actually playing the game. Them having beef or at least just a disagreement, again, just makes the set a bit more fun. Because there’s a bit more on the line.

Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with people participating in that thread. Again, it’s not really about who is better. It’s just about duking it out in the paint and playing the game we like to be competitive in. Simple as

Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with people participating in that thread.
100% nothing wrong with it in theory. The only issue becomes in-practice when the people in it are pinging people acting like total mental cases and even legitimately claiming dumb shit like "We can settle this discussion by playing a fucking video game though the discussion has nothing to do with skill level" then when it's pointed out how functionally mentally impaired that is they spaz even harder.

It's fucking unhinged behavior. Drips with fucking sad loser energy.

Beef is supposed to be people shit-talking characters or downplaying shit. "Man, Adon is fucking terrible." "1v1 me right now and I'll show you how Adon gets used". Shit like that. Not people fucking white-knighting for [brand] as if Mortal Kombat is going to fucking date them. Shit is sad as hell.

Only Capcom seems to be doing well yeah? They’re making more money than ever and have been producing absolute bangers the last few years.
Yeah, though for my own part, I've never been a fan of Capcom; their games are definitely not for me. If they somehow got Mortal Kombat, I'd expect I'd move on.

Supposedly WBD is looking to go the licensing route with their game IPs,utilizing non inhouse dev studios for a fee.They could even fully transition into that model and disband all inhouse studios,cutting costs and purely monetizing existing game ips via the licensing.

This could mean multiple mk projects at the same time for example,not directly overseen by nrs.

Possibility of a different studio making a shaolin monks like game or something of sorts.

Again it depends on what deal ed made with wb at the time,and if he/nrs have any ownership percentage of the mk IP.

Last edited:
Yeah, though for my own part, I've never been a fan of Capcom; their games are definitely not for me. If they somehow got Mortal Kombat, I'd expect I'd move on.

You mean Capcom fighting games or even Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, mega man etc.

I don’t see Capcom buying however. If there’s a buyer it’s gonna be one of the usual suspects

Last edited:
They should sell Mortal Kombat to Capcom so we can get Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat vs Darkstalkers or they should sell Mortal Kombat to Namco so we can get Mortal Kombat vs Tekken and Mortal Kombat vs Soul Calibur. Also selling Mortal Kombat to SNK is a good idea so we can get Mortal Kombat vs Samurai Showdown and Mortal Kombat vs Fatal Fury along with Mortal Kombat vs King Of Fighters.
MK v. SF

I’ve become a Capcom fan over the last 5 or so years. Produced so many bangers that wait for it…. People actually want to play.

Of course OG RE4 is one of my all time favorites but since 2017 on they’ve made my favorite modern games for the most part.

Modern Capcom does stuff like Resident Evil which is stunning to look at but their fighting game division's visuals leave something to be desired
Yeah I don’t think the RE Engine is suited for games like that.

With all RE games post 7 and DMC 5, they produced some insane graphics and performance on hardware you wouldn’t expect to see that on. DMC 5 is 5 years old now and still obliterates every other action game with performance, graphics, and depth. It has allowed them to produce a lot of well polished, very impressive looking games, pretty quickly.

But SF6 looks pretty unimpressive next to MK1 visually and Dragon’s Dogma 2 has some pretty infamous performance issues.

Last edited:
Balance team is definitely on top of their game this time around. Characters have a design direction with a clear way to achieve said goal. Whoever was incharge of balancing and design before mk1 got replaced and it shows.
Honestly, and I'm sorry ..I have a feeling he's going to see it, but the next step is changing the job title for those in charge of choosing the animations. MK could be THROUGH the roof if they took it a little more serious...but also why fix something that isn't broken.

But SF6 looks pretty unimpressive next to MK1 visually and Dragon’s Dogma 2 has some pretty infamous performance issues.
In the 2d fighting space, basically Arcsys Works are the undisputed kings of 2d visuals. I felt the need to add that wrinkle, since SF6 is kind of weird looking (the style comes together for the newer characters however). I’ve spent hundreds of hours in both Xrd and Strive, they’re not new games but they’re still the water mark for manga/anime style visuals.

In the 2d fighting space, basically Arcsys Works are the undisputed kings of 2d visuals. I felt the need to add that wrinkle, since SF6 is kind of weird looking (the style comes together for the newer characters however). I’ve spent hundreds of hours in both Xrd and Strive, they’re not new games but they’re still the water mark for manga/anime style visuals.
And frankly that’s the best style when done well. MK1 models look incredible, but the animations look silly and with these realistic models being slapped together like action figures. Not to discount how far they’ve come or the effort and skill put into the animations of MK1, but it’s probably a limitation of the realistic look.

If you have hyper responsive controls you give up some realism with animations, which is obviously worth it for a fighting game - but the animations do look silly with the realistic character models. Games like the last of us 2 and Re4 remake have a lot of animations that have to play out before the player gets control again. Like Leon reeling from a hit or Ellie going from prone to standing, and the fluidity of the controls are slightly hampered. Hard to find the right balance especially as gamers are starting to expect realistic graphics. Not always worth it imo

Could not possibly disagree more with this. SF6 is gorgeous and looks way better than MK1 especially when considering animation and general aesthetic. Peoples mileage may vary of course.

the animations look silly
For real. MK has never had good animations and it's crazy how they look so much worse than stuff in KOF or Arcsys or countless other studios with WAY less money

100% nothing wrong with it in theory. The only issue becomes in-practice when the people in it are pinging people acting like total mental cases and even legitimately claiming dumb shit like "We can settle this discussion by playing a fucking video game though the discussion has nothing to do with skill level" then when it's pointed out how functionally mentally impaired that is they spaz even harder.
It’s really not that serious man. Not a single person actually thinks that playing a set in a fighting game will legitimately “settle” an argument that has nothing to do with the contents of a set in a fighting game. And if they’re claiming that it will, they’re probably just messing with you. The only way that would settle an argument is if the argument was something like who was better at the game, or an argument about a matchup or just something relating to the game that a set could actually theoretically “settle”.

But that’s not what’s happening. It’s just a fun/funny way to get some “beef sets” in. As in, you get into an argument with someone on this forum, and then one of you calls the other out to have a beef set. It’s not literally meant to settle a debate or argument (unless as I said it’s directly related). It’s meant to be taken more allegorically, if I’m even using that word correctly. And as I said, it’s also interesting to see who is actually willing to play, especially when they’re constantly on here yapping.

It's fucking unhinged behavior. Drips with fucking sad loser energy.
You’re getting far too emotional over this. It’s really nowhere near as big of a deal as you’re attempting to make it out to be.

Beef is supposed to be people shit-talking characters or downplaying shit. "Man, Adon is fucking terrible." "1v1 me right now and I'll show you how Adon gets used". Shit like that. Not people fucking white-knighting for [brand] as if Mortal Kombat is going to fucking date them. Shit is sad as hell.
Honestly, the only way I can understand you being this upset over that thread or the concept is if you are one of the people on this site that doesn’t actually play the game. Which as I said, there’s nothing wrong with not liking MK1, not owning it, not wanting to play it, etc. But if you don’t have the game or don’t play it, just say that and keep it pushin. Again, I know I keep saying this and harping on this point, but seriously… it really is not that big of a deal. ¯\(ツ)

It’s really not that serious man. Not a single person actually thinks that playing a set in a fighting game will legitimately “settle” an argument that has nothing to do with the contents of a set in a fighting game. And if they’re claiming that it will, they’re probably just messing with you. The only way that would settle an argument is if the argument was something like who was better at the game, or an argument about a matchup or just something relating to the game that a set could actually theoretically “settle”.

But that’s not what’s happening. It’s just a fun/funny way to get some “beef sets” in. As in, you get into an argument with someone on this forum, and then one of you calls the other out to have a beef set. It’s not literally meant to settle a debate or argument (unless as I said it’s directly related). It’s meant to be taken more allegorically, if I’m even using that word correctly. And as I said, it’s also interesting to see who is actually willing to play, especially when they’re constantly on here yapping.

You’re getting far too emotional over this. It’s really nowhere near as big of a deal as you’re attempting to make it out to be.

Honestly, the only way I can understand you being this upset over that thread or the concept is if you are one of the people on this site that doesn’t actually play the game. Which as I said, there’s nothing wrong with not liking MK1, not owning it, not wanting to play it, etc. But if you don’t have the game or don’t play it, just say that and keep it pushin. Again, I know I keep saying this and harping on this point, but seriously… it really is not that big of a deal. ¯\(ツ)
He'll never get it, Juggs. But good on you for trying.

You’re getting far too emotional over this
Got a dude literally in a thread shrieking I'm a pussy for not having a game I don't enjoy installed while others are ranting about peoples dicks and stuff. I'm taking it too emotionally though. LOL okay sure.

It's quite simply not that deep.

if you are one of the people on this site that doesn’t actually play the game.
Yeah, I no longer play the game. I've said that a few times. I don't have the problem with the existence of the thread. I'm just pointing out some of the absolutely sad behavior in it (which is not the entirety of the thread) after I got pinged to look at it. Once again, it's not that deep.

Got a dude literally in a thread shrieking I'm a pussy for not having a game I don't enjoy installed while others are ranting about peoples dicks and stuff. I'm taking it too emotionally though. LOL okay sure.

It's quite simply not that deep.

Yeah, I no longer play the game. I've said that a few times. I don't have the problem with the existence of the thread. I'm just pointing out some of the absolutely sad behavior in it (which is not the entirety of the thread) after I got pinged to look at it. Once again, it's not that deep.
Simply put, nothing you say should be taken seriously and no one in that thread(or on this site) takes you seriously.

Clown.